OG vs. RETRO - Air Jordan 8 "Playoffs" (33 pics)

jordan-8-playoffs-retro-og-comparison-21.jpg

no me gusta!

My only beef witht the retroes is the metallic color midsole. It should have been black. I dont mind the pulltabs tho.

2 pairs will DEF. be copped on release day

This is a real good comparison, for those that are saying these retro's are dead on must be smoking crack. The midsole is different, the shoe itself hasthat oh so familiar banana shape to it (aka long and narrow uppers) the white plastic piece on the side is smaller than the OG, the cut of the material usedfor the crossed straps are cut too large, the retro's look like a good knock off.

Originally Posted by schreck44

thanks for the time you put in to make this post ... nothing beats og's now do they

You're very welcome. I'm glad you enjoy it - that took me much longer than I budgeted :-/ More in depth features coming soon :smile:

You know what? These are pretty close, but they changed the one and only part that I thought would make them look horrible.

The midsole. The black midsole looks so much cleaner than the grey one.
No cop for me.

Originally Posted by LndnJs

great post, thanks!

this is the part of the shoe that annoys me the most (and I know I'm being picky)
jordan-8-playoffs-retro-og-comparison-25.jpg

what is up with the triangle cut at the bottom of the tongue? (same on this year's other retro 8s)

Apart from that and the red pull tab they look pretty much dead on
yea i noticed that tooo

i wish the colors on the retros popped out alittle more like the OG's

but then again thats whats makes them OG

i wouldnt say that
because coming to think about it, the midsole was never really black on the og's
it depends on the lighting
basically.....they are metallic on the og's midsole

heres some pics:

k1961b.jpeg

k1961a.jpeg

as u can see
the same metallic on the og midsole...
is the exact same metallic on the retro playoff's

you be the judge!!!
wink.gif

CALVIN 101
LIKE I SED B4 THOSE WERE SAMPLE PICS JB TOOK USING THE IDEA FROM THE AQUAS AND INCORPORATING THEM IN EACH RETRO 8 SHOE
BETTER KNOWN AS "THE BRUSH STROKE"
sick.gif

IT WILL NOT B RELEASING........ THE ORIGINAL PATTERN WILL B PRESENT ON THE PLAYOFF'S
NOT TO WORRY FOLKS.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom