Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

How did it go over my head?

#1, every Supes movie, ever, the glasses is the "disguise". Every comic, tv show, movie, etc.

2, Costner was TREMENDOUS in this film. His dialogue shapes who this "alien" will become. His sacrifice was the last lesson he would give Clark. Wasn't about "some dog".
In 1978 Supes, he spins the globe around to go back in time just to save one woman. This time, his father was showing him, not everything can be in your control son.

Not "everyone" saw what he did with that bus. A couple did, yes, but not the entire town, or anything. Clark's parents were spinning it to the other folks that the kids imagined it and spiced up the story a bit. Hence Costner warning him he might have to "let them die next time". (See Costner later dying rather than letting Clark help)

Lois wasn't just protecting Clark, Perry White was in her ear that the world was not ready. That was gnawing at her. Add the two together, she hesitated outing him.

Yes, the same tired story of Clark Kent has been told of him working at the Daily Planet, you've already seen that, plenty.
The Man of Steel is the origin story of who he truly is, how he was shaped into the man that stands for truth, justice, and the American way. (Superman is a racist :lol: )
Why do you need to see MORE bumbling idiot four eyed Clark Kent? You hadn't seen enough of that angle?????? I have.

I had never, ever, seen THIS version. The lessons, the choices, the thought process, the fear, doubt, uncertainty. Maaaaaaaaaan........

You didn't pick up on all that. If you did, you wouldn't give a **** about that damn dog, or Clark's job status, etc.

You just watched thee absolute best Superman story ever told. Hands down.

Anybody check out Drunk History tonight on Comedy Central???

It's a pretty straight forward narrative satire on history..... As told by drunk dudes, and reenacted by notable actors making cameos.

It's pretty damn funny.

Comedy Central should have full episodes up online

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, a couple kids saw the bus go up, and then a couple parents. When it reaches that level, that story would have absolutely blown up and you're wrong if you think otherwise. :lol: But no, no one cares I guess after the parents go and visit the house. How do they explain that to the media? Yeah the bus went into the deep river, and suddenly it's on shore? Someone would ask how we got from the river to the shore, and national exposure comes next.

Not to mention, Costner just got swept up in the tornado... why is everybody, even people that have no idea WHO HE IS sitting there watching? :rofl: Seriously, look around Lane and Cavill. There are just random people watching as a super tornado is swooping up cars and people. No... they'd be running. :smh: And no, I'm not looking for things that annoy me: any person with an ounce of attention to detail would have noticed these things easily.

Just because the dialogue of the character is supposed to shape who the alien is, that doesn't mean Costner was instantly tremendous in this film. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't TREMENDOUS either.

And don't forget the timeline of events, Perry White was in her ear saying "TELL EVERYONE WHO THE ALIEN IS" once all had seen Zod's message. He had smartened up, unlike Lois Lane. Who in their right mind wouldn't reveal his whereabouts/other information they knew about him at that point?

CP... who the hell cares if we're tired of "that bumbling idiot story"? Is it better than this one? The one that makes zero sense whatsoever? The guy is the most wanted man on Earth for a short period of time, MANY people have seen his face... and he can throw on a pair of glasses and sink into the confines of civilization? :rofl:

This movie. Ugh.

Yeah man, over your head, like I said.

EVERY movie he's seen by billions, throws on some glasses, poof, disguise. Every, single, movie.

And all the people were hiding under the bridge dude. The "strongest" structure they can find. How can you not get that? :lol:

So just because that's tired we should substitute it for something completely insulting that doesn't make sense? Instead of telling me the ending is tired, tell me WHY someone should believe that his disguise.... based on prior events in THAT movie, not other Superman movies, the one I was watching... would be plausible in any way.

Is it completely over my head or did you just turn your brain off once you sat down in that chair?

Last edited:
just because it's been done in every movie doesn't mean it's a good move :lol: i understand keeping that element, the glasses because that is who clark kent is and you cant ditch that this late in the superman game, but yeah it's stupid and the original creators should've put a little more effort into that disguise. maybe a fake mustache.

Last edited:
While I believe it's not technically the safest choice, it's a pretty common move for people to try hiding under an overpass during a tornado. You're not going to outrun a tornado on foot.

And all the people were hiding under the bridge dude. The "strongest" structure they can find. How can you not get that? :lol:

"How do you not get that?" I live in Minnesota, leave the tornado stuff to us over here.

From Accu Weather...

Top Five Tornado Myths Debunked

2. Seeking shelter under a highway overpass will protect you from a tornado

Though everyone has seen a movie where the characters wait out a tornado under a highway overpass, as the phrase goes, "it's only a movie." According to the National Weather Service Forecast Office, "Seeking shelter under an overpass is more dangerous than standing in an open field while a tornado is approaching." When a tornado passes over an overpass, the wind is funneled under the bridge. In turn, this actually increases its velocity.
Additionally, overpasses are often where debris tends to collect. The safest option is to lie flat on the ground in a low ditch, but beware of the possibility of flash flooding.

Last edited:
Supes in comic form, tv form, and movie form for 70+ years is "glasses disguise"

Fake mustache? :lol: There would be rioting in the streets man.

I'm sorry JPZ, the fact he wears glasses should be more insulting than an alien baby sent to Earth that can fly and bend steel and shoot laser beams with his eyes. Yes, I unplugged my brain.......listen to yourself. :lol:

Guy flies at warp speed, cool.
Wears glasses, WHAT A ******G CRAP MOVIE, OH MY GAWWWWWWWWD.

:lol:

Instead of adding just the fake mustache, let's have him wear all brown. And instead of an S, let's use M. No more flying either, let's make him only run real fast. Cuz yeah, changes.

:lol: son is truly bothered at the audacity of a movie to show people under a bridge during a tornado. Like, damn.

Inception is soooooo fake, nobody sleeps in a white van with music playing......... :lol:

Batman still doesn't run down the middle of crowded streets holding a smoking bomb over his head.

The brilliance of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy is that he was able to make the world inside the movie seem so realistic to the one we are living in today. Something many other directors didn't envision, or something they took a stab at and failed miserably.

That didn't exist at all in this movie. In fact, things didn't add up and were thrown in for the sake of, "Well he does that in every movie!". Dumb. Do your own take on it, and if you try to blend the two MAKE IT WORK, and make it connect to the other scenes that you just showed a couple hours earlier. You're trying to minimize it by saying, "It's just glasses." It's not that, it's that Aaron Hernandez, someone who the world had it's eye on in a similar but different way to Cavill, wouldn't have been able to put on glasses after killing Odin Lloyd and walk around w/o being noticed that first week he was free.

Flying at warp speed, bending steel, all that crap... I can work with because I know that's his ability because he's from another planet. Fair. But Snyder effectively mailed it in with that crap ending, and multiple brain freezes throughout. You can be from another place and have those abilities, but you simply cannot become the most polarizing figure in history and then throw on a pair of specs and not be recognized. Just stupid.

Last edited:
Didn't Joker literally drive a bus out of a BANK, in front of other bus drivers and nobody said nothin? That was equally realistic?

Bottom line, you're nitpicking the hell out of the movie over some glasses and a tornado/overpass and whatever other bs, but flying spaceships, aliens, the destruction of half the city, that **** was fine. Glasses and overpass tho, crap movie. :lol:

You just had a Zoolander "But why male models?" moment.

You didn't read what I said. So lets just move on.

Last edited:
You just had a Zoolander "But why male models?" moment.

You didn't read what I said. So lets just move on.

I've read every word man. You aren't some newb I would dismiss, I'm listening to what you're saying. But you're essentially nitpicking MJ can't shoot 3's well enough. AP doesn't block good enough.

People are trying to find flaws in this film because it's Superman and people always have issues with the "perfect American" or the goodie two shoes type dudes. They demand some sort of flaw.

I was talkin with Prime about it (he knows everything comics, books, shows, movies,) believes it's just the way it is with people the way they search for things to hate on about Tiger, LeBron, Kobe, Superman, Roger Clemens, etc. Media creates these guys, then searches for ways to tear them down. A balance if you will. He mentioned the line in Dark Knight, you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself the villian. (they'll tear you down)

Your bent on some glasses. Something that's been a part of Supes for 75 years. You are pissed and want that altered. The S standing for hope wasn't enough. The lessons he learned from BOTH of his fathers, wasn't enough. The focus on him at various stages of growing up, not enough.

You wanted a new "disguise" :lol:

Batman wore a cowl, you see his mouth, his eyes, his jawline, for the love of God, it's EXACTLY like being at a masqeurade (sp) ball. Everyone at those things can identify everybody. But we can't tell who BRUCE WAYNE is with that kind of mask? :nerd: I mean, he spotted Selina Kyle pretty damn easy with her mask on. But no one could tell it was him, should we have changed his costume to be "more realistic"? I mean, the globe knows who Bruce Wayne is.

Oh hey, Bruce died (at the same time as Batman no less) yet shows up in another country with no disguise. That was acceptable?

I see your point, but "Bruce Wayne: Wanted!" didn't cut onto TVs in South America, Africa, and Asia as we saw in Superman with Zod's message. It's a tad more believable that Bruce Wayne, some rich guy in the US, could go to another country and not be noticed by a mass of people, especially when he's not being looked for.

I don't think I'm really looking for anything, just reacting to what comes at me. But whatever.

Trying to catch up on Dexter, on Season 7 Episode 11... what's the opinion on this show (without spoiling anything). Do we still think this show is good anymore?

Because I'm liking where this season has gone. I can tell LaGuerta is going to find some unmistakable clue and tie him to the Bay Harbor Butcher murders. It's just bound to happen. Probably should've happened earlier, but oh well. Kind of ballsy to kill of the season's villain in the middle, but this "Dexter could get caught" angle is now taking all of the screen time, which I'm definitely good with. That threat makes his temptation to kill that much more apparent. He still can't control it even with the threat.

How's Season 8 started?

^ Thanks for posting Venom! Trailer looks amazing! I can't wait to see what Spike does. I'm confident the movie will be good...

ray donovan ratings grow from week 1 to week 2 ....first time for showtime

it had alot of ground to cover in that first episode but the second episode was great

anyone watching the bridge on FX?

Back
Top Bottom