Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching "ladybugs" not gonna lie. This use to be my ****. :lol:

"Get those NailBreakers!" :lol:

Last edited:
Just watching Watchmen. I really like this film

It's hard to love that movie if you read the book.

The Villian was some of the worst casting I've ever seen. Hated a good amount of the music choices. Too on the nose. Ending was different. Didn't have the same sense of inevitable doom. That's the biggest difference.

But the look was perfect. And so was Rorschach. And dr manhattan. It had its wonderful moments.

It should have always been a mini series. It needs about 12 hours.

Strongly disagree.

Truthfully I like the movie more than the book.

Watchmen movie is Avatar status. Looks real good but trash otherwise. Snyder :smh: :x :stoneface:

Should've never tried to make that classic comic a movie.

Fun fact. Avatar is the first movie I have ever slept through. Damn, that movie was overrated.

Man Avatar might be the most overrated movie of all time. :smh:

When I say I struggled to get thru that movie I mean I real Live struggled.

My Bro was like "man lets cut this **** off" I was like "**** we made it this far" :lol:

Kev, I know you like him too, you might want to check this out.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/holly...ire-friday-night-lights-and-fruitvale-station

Man, this kids future is BRIGHT. Wish nothin but the best for him. I hope hollywood starts throwing work at him nonstop.

Funny to me that I know him first thru FNL, then Wire. But that's just the order that I watched the shows. I'm so backwards. :lol:
After hearing that podcast, I looked up what the kid has been up to and apparently he's linked to an Rocky spinoff movie :nerd: :nerd: :lol:

cracked me up to see that after Simmons told him he needed to do a boxing movie/get in incredible shape for a movie

Man Avatar might be the most overrated movie of all time. :smh:

That's the weird thing though - aside from being the highest grossing movie of all time, I don't know Avatar is overrated. Its not like you hear anyone talk about it at all, let alone say that it was a great movie. If it does come up, people generally say something to the effect that it looked really cool in the theater, but was otherwise just ok. That's why, unless Cameron has another new, amazing visual trick up his sleeves for the sequels, I see significant drop off for them in terms of box office.

That Michael B. Jordan podcast was awesome.

What's up with that basketball show he talked about? :nerd:

Edit: Bill just killed it to close that. "It's just like superhero movies and 3D movies and things blowing up... I don't feel like they're making enough movies like this anymore."

I'm glad someone with a little clout has something to say about it.

And I had a nice, cushy compartment on the Anthony Mackie train, but B. is much easier to get behind. He's young, his resume is super diversified already, and Fruitvale was the kind of role that I think any up-and-coming actor should take to use as their launchpad. Indie dramas are the way, man. And one about an always-revelant social injustice? He knows what's he doing.

Last edited:
Avatar = Pocahontas vol: Blue People.

Thought everyone knew that already.
fixed
smile.gif
laugh.gif

I definitley think of pocahontas meets the smurfs when I think avatar

I remember getting a headache in the theater. But loving the effects

Soooo I finally saw tootsie. Yeah. Classic. Shame on me.

That Michael B. Jordan podcast was awesome.

What's up with that basketball show he talked about? :nerd:

Edit: Bill just killed it to close that. "It's just like superhero movies and 3D movies and things blowing up... I don't feel like they're making enough movies like this anymore."

I'm glad someone with a little clout has something to say about it.

And I had a nice, cushy compartment on the Anthony Mackie train, but B. is much easier to get behind. He's young, his resume is super diversified already, and Fruitvale was the kind of role that I think any up-and-coming actor should take to use as their launchpad. Indie dramas are the way, man. And one about an always-revelant social injustice? He knows what's he doing.

The Wire
Friday Night Lights
Fruitvale

Chess - Checkers. He playin the former with ease.

My son was watching Beethoven on cable today and it tripped me out to see Oliver Platt, Stanely Tucci and David Duchovnay all in it in supporting roles. Did not remember that.

Happy "Birfday" Christopher Nolan. Thanks for all the great films you gave us...

I used to love Charlie Rose's show. Here's Bale & Nolan just before Batman Begins was released.

would the basketball version of friday night lights work

if it took place in chicago and touched on the crime in the

city like the wire while being a show about playing highschool

basketball in the city?

what channel would it work on?

AMC?

FX?

Back
Top Bottom