Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I really enjoyed Oblivion.

The Bridge just seems like it's building up to something huge. I really feel like they need to drop a bomb on us at the end of the next episode though. Otherwise, I'm not so convinced this continuous building is going to pay off. At some point you need to give the audience a pay off. Haven't left any of these first 5 episodes awestruck.

Phenomenal movies. Treasured each of them. Didn't Beyond the Pines come out in 2012 though?

I would add "The Way Way Back" to my list also.

Will check out "We're the Millers" tomorrow :smokin

Pines came out on March 29 (only reason I remember exact day is it's my moms bday)

I loved this movie, I know some Nters didn't.

I never understand why studios pair modern songs to period pieces (unless you're baz luhrmann). That song didn't go with the Monuments Men trailer at all.

KingKoopa, I liked the Killing Them Softly. It was a flawed movie, but I liked it.

Fassbender, Bardem, and Pitt? :wow:

With Penelope and Diaz as background noise.

Sweet Jesus. I hope Ridley doesn't find a way to **** that up. The trailer looked good, and the cast is stellar, I hope he just stands back and lets them work.

Oblivion has a real sci fi twist. I liked it.

The Bridge does seem to just building without paying off but I'm interested so far.

For sure. I was already very familiar with The Matrix because of its cultural prevalence over the years, but it was great. I really enjoyed the sociological themes in both that and Fight Club. I have a lot of classics to catch up on lol. Black Swan was cool, super engaging for me for some reason and sexy as hell.

I never understand why studios pair modern songs to period pieces (unless you're baz luhrmann). That song didn't go with the Monuments Men trailer at all.

KingKoopa, I liked the Killing Them Softly. It was a flawed movie, but I liked it.

I loved it. Reminded me of Mystic River. I think it was better then Place Behind the Pines.

Anyone planning to check out We're The Millers? I'm not a big Jason Sudekis guy, but it seems to be getting good reviews, so I'm thinking about checking it out.

The commercial for The Millers makes me think of some average Ben Stiller/Adam Sandler comedy. I'm not sure I'll go in theaters to see it. Not completely sold on Jason as a lead in a comedy even though I know he's funny.

So I finished reading one of stephen king's new books. Joyland. Mannnnn the king is back. So many feels. An ending that doesn't make you want to break anything around you. It's pretty much a coming of age story with a tiny bit of supernatural. I highly recommend it. Especially if you grew up like 30 years ago. But I didn't and I truly liked it. Some emotional passages. some fun ones. Sme morbid ones

This isn't normal king though. Don't go in expecting super crazy **** all through the book. Just here and there. But it's short only a little under 400 pages.

Last edited:
Soooo many of my favorites actors/actresses in Lovelace.  I hope they touch on the mobsters that bank rolled Deep Throat in this movie

Amanda Seyfried 
devil.gif

i'm glad you asked me twice. see im a biligual. im a bilingual illeterate. i cant read in two languges.ive jusy been fishing with salvador dali. used a dotted line. caught every other fish, then we played poker with tarot cards. i got a full house. 4 people died. one of them was a nun

i'm just tired. ive been up all night trying to round off the infinite.

i only think one person would know what i'm talking about. and its not cp

i'm glad you asked me twice. see im a biligual. im a bilingual illeterate. i cant read in two languges.ive jusy been fishing with salvador dali. used a dotted line. caught every other fish, then we played poker with tarot cards. i got a full house. 4 people died. one of them was a nun

i'm just tired. ive been up all night trying to round off the infinite.

i only think one person would know what i'm talking about. and its not cp

Back
Top Bottom