Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

You killin me with that CP thing. I was like, CP is PG13, when the **** that happen to me? **** that. :lol: :lol:

Captain Philips, ahhhhhhhhh.

Y'all don't be so loose with the CP usage around here, trips me out. :lol:

"You know what you get for pre ordering a game? A big **** in your mouth...."

:lol: its been a very rough season for south park but the last two episodes have been hillarious. Cant wait for black friday part two next week

Time for me to check out another movie. Going to pick out the stand up guys, Finding Neverland, or Epic

This Jamaican flick has either hit or will be shortly available on Netflix, Better Mus Come. It's about the politically-driven gang violence in 1970s-era Kingston, Jamaica...

Just rewatched John Mulaney's New In Town... still hilarious.

Also watched Syrup

I figured it had been awhile since I watched a movie strictly for an actress... regardless of how awful I knew the movie would be. And I wasn't wrong. It was your standard "whatever/bad" movie. It wasn't offensively terrible like those "Not Another" spoof movies, but it was bland and didn't do anything special. It had some moments, but nothing worth recommending other than Amber Heard looking incredible and her character being fairly intriguing.

Going to see Best Man Holiday tonight with the wifey... Jonesin' to see this since it was announced...

What did you think? I really enjoyed it. Wasn't expecting the story to be what it was though

My wife & I loved it. Very solid rom-com-drama flick & yes we weren't expecting that last hour - 45 mins. Why did Malcolm Lee wait 14-15 years to make this sequel? Damn...

Carnage was great. I loved it.

I'm watching RED 2 and can't keep focused.

Just started watching Masters of Sex, really into it.

I'll probably watch that Syrup movie for Amber and Brittany now.

I was a little disappointed in Bill Murray when I cam across this movie Passion Play or Passion something that had Megan Fox and Mickey Rourke in it. Usually I'm weary of movies with Fox in it and even more so if Rourke is the main character in it (to me he just doesn't have anything worth bringing to the table other than being a villain or an interesting side character). Boy was this bad and I didn't even watch all of it. I gotta good laugh at Fox complaining about how she's treated and then seeing her sex scene with Rourke :x

Murray as the villain was okay.

I'm gonna watch Killing Them Softly later today and a few other flicks.

I'll probably watch that Syrup movie for Amber and Brittany now.

I was a little disappointed in Bill Murray when I cam across this movie Passion Play or Passion something that had Megan Fox and Mickey Rourke in it. Usually I'm weary of movies with Fox in it and even more so if Rourke is the main character in it (to me he just doesn't have anything worth bringing to the table other than being a villain or an interesting side character). Boy was this bad and I didn't even watch all of it. I gotta good laugh at Fox complaining about how she's treated and then seeing her sex scene with Rourke :x

Murray as the villain was okay.

I'm gonna watch Killing Them Softly later today and a few other flicks.
Killing Them Softly was ok I expected more from this movie

My wife & I loved it. Very solid rom-com-drama flick & yes we weren't expecting that last hour - 45 mins. Why did Malcolm Lee wait 14-15 years to make this sequel? Damn...

I went with my girl as well and she hasn't seen the first one but I filled her in on what happened. She was bawling along with most of the theater

I just saw primal fear in full for the first time. Seen bits and pieces. Highly impressed. I thought it came out in the early 90s I was surprised that it was 97

Lol at Cuba goofing jr winning the Oscar for supporting role over Norton. That's hilarious looking back.

Really, really good movie. Forgot Richard gere can act too.

Pine 2nd act with Cooper takes away from the film. The third act makes the film, but it's a little long and at times a bit disjointed at times. But I love Gosling and Cianfrance etc. Hanks is my Oscar winner for Phillips. loved it

I strongly disagree. first off it showed me that cooper can act his *** off which was shocking.

There is no movie without the 2nd part. In some ways it was standard dirty cop stuff. But the main focus was how it showed why he wasn't attentive to his boy later on. Cooper couldn't even look at him without feeling guilty. So he focused on his rise to power.

Even the generic cop surf was good. It felt like a mini Copland which is a great movie

Just finished watching "There Will Be Blood".

I want to kill someone for the 2 hours and 30 minutes of my life that I just wasted.

That's one of my favorite movies :lol:

Leonardo DiCaprio was the producer's original choice for Aaron/Roy, who ultimately turned it down.

My man Leo really made some annoying choices over the years. Glad he showed his range again in Django. It's scary that his best roles came as a teen.

Last edited:
So long, drawn out and uneventful.

Daniel Plainview's character development sucked.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford did that style better IMO.

I loved There Will Be Blood

BASTARD IN A BASKET! BASTARD IN A BASKET!!!

EDIT

On another note for the ppl who hate it and like it (I don't know anybody that loves it) The Killing has been renewed for another season Netflix this time :lol: Don't know what it means for quality but the story continues. Hopefully this is it's last stops and ends there.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/15/the-killing-revived-again-this-time-by-netflix/

Last edited:
Have y'all discussed Christmas movies in here? Watching Lethal Weapon right now :lol:

I can't remember a whole separate Christmas/holiday movie discussion in here. I guess Lethal Weapon goes under the "dark" holiday movie category, along with stuff like Gremlins, Bad Santa, and others.

Whatever you call it though, LW 1 is a great movie.

It definitely is a great movie. My favorite Christmas movie though is Christmas Vacation, I watch it multiple times during the holiday season

Back
Top Bottom