Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

:lol: Lone Ranger. Dawg.... :lol:

Lone Survivor, and no doubt that movie won't make noise at the Box Office, it doesn't fully open til the 10th.

Man of Steel was much better than I expected. A little too long and some of the dialogue was corny as hell. I didn't like Michael Shannon as the villain either but it was good.

Only the obnoxious comic book geeks hated MOS. Although I did :stoneface: during the tornado scene :lol:

Caught Basic Instinct for the first time. I enjoyed it, twits had me all :wow: . Sharron Stone :evil: .

Couldn't get over how much Michael Douglas looked like Shea Whigham in this (or vice-versa).

Last edited:
so many flicks to watch

watched about half of wolf last night didnt want to cut it off but it was late ... what a film

I find myself watching Life of Pi over & over whenever it's on cable. I love the character of the older Pi waxing poetic about his youth like a philosopher. I also like the younger Pi. That scene when his father says they will sail like Columbus & he replies, "But Columbus was looking for India"... I chuckle at that everytime... Such a beautiful story.

I was at the first screening ever of Life of Pi at the NYFF before it screened to the public. It was the first and only 3D film I've seen in my life that actually was enhanced by the 3D and not a gimmick. That said it was also one of the best, most beautiful films I've ever seen.

So Good.

I find myself watching Life of Pi over & over whenever it's on cable. I love the character of the older Pi waxing poetic about his youth like a philosopher. I also like the younger Pi. That scene when his father says they will sail like Columbus & he replies, "But Columbus was looking for India"... I chuckle at that everytime... Such a beautiful story.

I was at the first screening ever of Life of Pi at the NYFF before it screened to the public. It was the first and only 3D film I've seen in my life that actually was enhanced by the 3D and not a gimmick. That said it was also one of the best, most beautiful films I've ever seen.

So Good.

I told my wife I wish I had a friend like the adult Pi... :lol:

For those that are interested in HER by Spike Jonze...

I know it's easy to make fun of the film...a guy falls in love with his computer, but when you look passed that it's such a beautiful, funny, heart wrenching film. Phoenix and Johansson are amazing one of my favorites of 2013.

Have a feeling her is going to be top 5 of 2014 for me. Phoenix is such a gloroious actor. One of my favorites ever.

Isn't Her similar to that Paul Dano movie in concept? Just this time the A.I. doesn't have a face/body to put to the voice? Also reminds me of an ep of The Outer Limits where basically the whole love thing played a part as well.

I know I'll like it, just saying.

Isn't Her similar to that Paul Dano movie in concept? Just this time the A.I. doesn't have a face/body to put to the voice? Also reminds me of an ep of The Outer Limits where basically the whole love thing played a part as well.

Its definitely not a completely original concept. There's been plenty of movies/tv shows where people have fallen in love with something other than another human. In addition to the examples you have, there was also Lars and the Real Girl, with Ryan Gosling that came out a couple years ago. That wasn't about a computer, of course, but the concept isn't all that different.

I'm not saying any of this as a criticism of Her because, if something is done very well, the fact that it may not be totally original doesn't matter to me. I'm sure Jonze and Phoenix bring something to the concept that hasn't been seen before.

Last edited:
Finally saw Wolf...Man what a movie..It definitely didn't feel like 3 hours...can't wait to get it on Blu

My god...August: Osage County was :wow:. What a ******g trainwreck.

I'm not so sure all the play elements translated well into the movie but I enjoyed the insanity :lol:

Last edited:
:smokin :lol:

Its definitely not a completely original concept. There's been plenty of movies/tv shows where people have fallen in love with something other than another human. In addition to the examples you have, there was also Lars and the Real Girl, with Ryan Gosling that came out a couple years ago. That wasn't about a computer, of course, but the concept isn't all that different.

I'm not saying any of this as a criticism of Her because, if something is done very well, the fact that it may not be totally original doesn't matter to me. I'm sure Jonze and Phoenix bring something to the concept that hasn't been seen before.
I watched Lars, that was just creepy :lol: and yeah I'm not criticizing or trying to downplay it either. I expect quality movie

Scar Jo was such a **** in Don Jon. If she is anything like that in real life, it's easy to see why Ryan Reynolds packed it in

Let the remakes continue ---

IMDb ‏@IMDb 41m
Zoe Saldana will star in NBC’s 4-hour miniseries “Rosemary’s Baby” http://imdb.to/1gEKyky pic.twitter.com/hiaZAfuzm6

Honestly though, the way things are these days, this may end up better on TV than if it was a theatrical release.

Back
Top Bottom