Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

it separates the great actors from elite actors. DDL and Bale are up their because they're method actors basically (DDL more so). I respect that class of actor more than your regular run of the mill movie star.

Shia is a mediocre actor, but that effort makes me respect him somewhat instead of looking him over since I could not care less about him. The unsimulated sex part is despicable, though, but that falls on Lars. Dude's the quintessential Hollywood creep apparently.

WOW just read about PSH.

I am deeply saddened by this, dude was one of the best actors we had the past 2 decades.

So sad man.

This sucks man I loved the guy. I was surprised last year when he admitted about the drug use. :smh: RIP Philip

He killed in this movie

Oh my god, shocked and saddened at this news of Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead in his apartment. Wow RIP

CNN says heroin found in his apt, found with a needle in his arm. Drug overdose. So so sad

RIP PHILLIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN.. he was in my top five.. and was the best of this generation has an Oscar to boot but somehow never got mentioned in the same vein as Leo, Bale etc. The world of film will miss him immensly.. Capote and Doubt were amazing performances by one of the gods.

it separates the great actors from elite actors. DDL and Bale are up their because they're method actors basically (DDL more so). I respect that class of actor more than your regular run of the mill movie star.

Shia is a mediocre actor, but that effort makes me respect him somewhat instead of looking him over since I could not care less about him. The unsimulated sex part is despicable, though, but that falls on Lars. Dude's the quintessential Hollywood creep apparently.

No it doesnt. Stop.

Death Proof was outstanding.

Dude introduced 4 female leads, went an hour deep, dropped em, then got 4 new ones and carried the story seamlessly.

100,000 movies on this planet can't make a single female lead that isn't there to take her top off or fight over a man, he put in 8 in the same film, just cuz.

Sorry, that ain't garbage, not even close.
I can't even remember any of the female leads though :lol:

I don't think it was horrible but it's probably ranked near the bottom of QT movies for me.
Report that Philip Seymour Hoffman has died.

I pray it's a hoax. :smh:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My day is ruined.

Last edited:
My day is ruined.
Seconded.

Brilliant man. One of the best in the game, and a personal favorite.

I probably would have used heroin if I starred in Synecdoche, too. Absolutely worth watching if you can get through it, but so ******* depressing, exhausting, confusing.

Also recommend one of his more recent films that no one ever seems to talk about, A Late Quartet. Him, Christopher Walken and Catherine Keener is really all you need to know. Great performances, solid character studies. I liked it a lot.

My day is ruined.
Seconded.

Brilliant man. One of the best in the game, and a personal favorite.

I probably would have used heroin if I starred in Synecdoche, too. Absolutely worth watching if you can get through it, but so ******* depressing, exhausting, confusing.

Also recommend one of his more recent films that no one ever seems to talk about, A Late Quartet. Him, Christopher Walken and Catherine Keener is really all you need to know. Great performances, solid character studies. I liked it a lot.
Agreed on Synecdoche, brilliant but as depressing as few other movies I've seen. PSH was one of the best of not just this, but any generation. Still can't believe the news :frown:

There was little to nothing genius about that movie. It's one of the worst I've ever seen. Couldn't finish it. Useless piece of pretentious crap from people I highly respect. Probably the biggest disappointment of my cinematic life

Im very upset about the news. He was one of my favorite actors wth incredible range. Ive tried a lot of drugs but never that one and I never will. Deeply saddened. pretty much ruined my day. This guy could have been giving us masterpiece performances for another 30 years at least. Damn ******g shame

Shame that such a great actor was troubled with drug addiction. Heroin is a crazy drug. |I

Hell of a career.

Damn man, PSH. The Master is amazing too. Hollywood and the drug life man. I conclude that everyone does for a while now

It was definitely overly ambitious, Dub. You should try finishing it sometime, though.

Never really knew anything about his personal life. He had three kids, ages 10, seven and five. :\

He became sober when he was 22 years old and says that he quit because, "I was 22 and I was panicked for my life."
(On quitting drinking at age 22) I think I would have drank myself to death, literally, if I didn't just stop, once and for all when I did. I am not ever going to preach to anyone about drugs or drinking. But, for me, when they were around, I had no self control.
Anyone ever seen Jack Goes Boating? It was the only film that he directed (and also starred in). Going to try to check that out soon.

Edit: His second directed feature was in the works, and with major players.
In the wake of Philip Seymour Hoffman’s sudden death on Sunday (February 2) Exclusive Media will not present Ezekiel Moss at the Berlin market this week.

Hoffman had been lining up to direct his second feature after Jack Goes Boating and the Prohibition Era Ezekiel Moss was to star Jake Gyllenhaal and Amy Adams.

Last edited:
I hated The Masters with a passion. It might be the most boring move I've ever seen. What is good about this movie? Painful to watch. With that being said, RIP to hoffman, such a great actor. Love all of his other movies. 

I hated The Masters with a passion. It might be the most boring move I've ever seen. What is good about this movie? Painful to watch. With that being said, RIP to hoffman, such a great actor. Love all of his other movies. 
Everything was great about it; The acting, the story, the score, the cinematography, etc.

Take some adderall next time you watch it.

Not everyone can watch & enjoy a Paul Thomas Anderson flick.

Truth be told, I still can't believe he's married to Maya Rudolph... He seems to dark & brooding & she's hilarious just sitting there saying nothing...

So sad about PSH... I looked at his filmography & didn't realize until I saw his list that I've seen everything he's been in... RIP...

Last edited:

lolwut?

The Master* is damn near perfect. Joaquin's performance was great and I would go as far as to argue that PSH did a better job.

Woah more info on the shia stuff?

Back
Top Bottom