Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Caught Basic Instinct for the first time. I enjoyed it, twits had me all
eek.gif
. Sharron Stone
devil.gif

Couldn't get over how much Michael Douglas looked like Shea Whigham in this (or vice-versa).
I ******* love this movie.

One of my all time favs (that isn't considered a classic) and I can't really tell you exactly why.

The score is phenomenal.

The atmosphere is so eerie and sexual, simultaneously. 
devil.gif

Last edited:
Ok, there's a red band trailer for this that's not safe for work... This looks alright.... Go 'head Arnold... :smokin
Wow this is like The Expendables and S.W.A.T. done right :pimp:

I'm watching this just cuz of the director and how much I liked End of Watch.

Cool to see Enos in this. Olivia Williams too.

**** Terrance Howard though.
Hancock was freakin weak man :lol:
Had mad potential though. Just turned it in to another white guy helps black guy movies (the equivalent to wise black guy (some times magical) helps white ppl).

Last edited:
^ Yeah the fact that the writer of training day & that he directed end of watch carries a little weight with me. Sabotage looks like a good pop corn flick. Looks like it had a decent cast too... I didn't even recognize Sam Worthington...

I meant to mention him too. Sam Worthington's look is a bigger a surprise than anything else in that trailer. I paused it when they said his name :lol:

Just finished Gravity, such a boring film. No idea why it received any praise.
If you saw it in theaters, it was a really cool, fun and innovative experience. The opening scenes are freaking brilliant visually with the use of 3d. Storyline however, it bothered me how incompetent Sandra Bullock was. It ruined the experience for me that she was basically a random woman in space as opposed to some genius nerdy astronomy lover. And Clooney being the cheesy, flirty, look at me I'm cool Clooney, took away from his character. Would've liked if he tuned it down some.

I tend to dislike and not be enthusiastic about those movies where somehow it becomes more about the visuals and experience of being in a theater than the actual story.

My imagination > current tech when it comes to the visuals. Give me a good story any day.

Did you watch it in theaters or on your computer?

This is the type of film that is really dope to see in theaters, but would be average as hell to view for the first time at home, imo.

I think it's a tad overrated, but I give it credit for holding my attention with basically only 1 actor the whole movie.

I'm watching Arbitrage right now on Netflix starring Richard Gere, Susan Sarandon and Tim Roth. Solid movie with a good score and cinematography.

To the folks that use websites to view movies, how do you guys deal with missing subtitles? Thor 2, captain phillips, and wolverine all had missing subtiles, so i had to imagine what they were saying by thier facial expressions lol.

To the folks that use websites to view movies, how do you guys deal with missing subtitles? Thor 2, captain phillips, and wolverine all had missing subtiles, so i had to imagine what they were saying by thier facial expressions lol.
Eh, same way I deal with movies where they momentarily speak a different language or have whole scenes in other languages and don't provide subtitles = * :smh: :rolleyes "The ****? Oh well guess what they're saying aint important to the story, **** them!"*

If you saw it in theaters, it was a really cool, fun and innovative experience. The opening scenes are freaking brilliant visually with the use of 3d. Storyline however, it bothered me how incompetent Sandra Bullock was. It ruined the experience for me that she was basically a random woman in space as opposed to some genius nerdy astronomy lover. And Clooney being the cheesy, flirty, look at me I'm cool Clooney, took away from his character. Would've liked if he tuned it down some.

I agree with most of this.

I watched the Blu Ray on my TV. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more in the theater. Some visuals were amazing but the story itself was boring for me. I agree with you on Bullock, her character was beyond frustrating and I caught myself laughing a few times at Sandra's acting. Movie wasn't bad but I will never watch it again.

Last edited:

It's usually pretty easy to tell what they are talking about. Normally it's simple stuff like "The good guy did this! I can't believe it! I have to stop him!"

Yo, dem Harry Potter movies go hard.

esp. DH1/2, Half Blood Prince.

LOVE the cinematography on HBP

watching Order of the Phoenix now. only seen it once.......on ABC Family Channel
mean.gif

my main nitpick was that if i remember Dumbledore vs Voldemort > Harry vs Voldemort

never seen Sorcerers Stone or Chamber of Secrets.

Prisoner of Azkaban is highly overrated.

Cedric Diggorys death
eek.gif
  that **** was OD sad.

dudes dad was HURT " thats my booooooooyyyyyyyyy, my sonnnnnnn "
frown.gif

That girl harry met in the diner in HBP
pimp.gif

I'm watching Arbitrage right now on Netflix starring Richard Gere, Susan Sarandon and Tim Roth. Solid movie with a good score and cinematography.
Has anyone seen this flick? Me and my pops watched it under the premises this would be finance based, but it's more of a murder-mystery. Solid flick, but the ending is a little meh. Kinda reflects I guess the notion that the rich are invincible. Would've liked a little more from the daughter. Her character and the dynamic between her and Gere could've been exploited a little bit more.

I agree with most of this.

I watched the Blu Ray on my TV. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more in the theater. Some visuals were amazing but the story itself was boring for me. I agree with you on Bullock, her character was beyond frustrating and I caught myself laughing a few times at Sandra's acting. Movie wasn't bad but I will never watch it again.

The Blu-ray eh? The one that's not out for two weeks? :lol:

Just started watching Dexter and the actress that plays Deb is probably the worst lead actress ive ever seen on a major show before. Just horrible.

Show is great so far (season 2) but the supporting roles are always poorly written.

Also Crazy Stupid Love is one of the greatest movies ever. Watch it every time its on tv

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom