Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It's hard to explain what makes Robocop so awesome. It's what I hope the 80s were like. It's like if Tarantino made a sci-fi movie before Reservoir Dogs. It's that revelation from when you just saw it on cable, to when you finally see it uncut on VHS. It's the quotables, the characters, the this is the future except everything's already dusty as hell. It's that Clockwork Orange-ish ultraviolence.

I mean, did you hate Total Recall or Starship Troopers? Cuz Robocop's a classic in the same way those are. Maybe someone convinced you that you were gonna get Blade Runner or T2. Nah, Robocop is a classic in the same way Hobo With a Shotgun is.

Quit trying to make Hobo happen. :lol:

I like Starship Troopers and I have no damn idea why. :lol: :lol: (probably the cast more than anything, alot of B-grade folks that I knew about back then)

I don't remember Recall that much, of course I've seen it, but it doesn't stand out to me today as anything I cared about. And I still haven't gotten thru Blade Runner yet. I have in on Blu, just need time to invest in it. I tried once a while back and struggled with it and shut it down before I ruined it for myself.

I can't think of any quotables that mattered to me in Robo outside you're under arrest, etc, which was more video game to me than the movie. You're comin with me, etc.

Rest of it, meh.

Wolf of Wall Street Blu out next week.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

i dont get paid until the end of april smh

Hobo will happen. Even if I gotta Clockwork Orange show it to everybody. :lol:

Dead or alive, you're coming with me....Your move, creep...I'd buy that for a dollar...when he shot dude in the ****...black guy with an earring's entire existence...Red Foreman...all the pasty evil corporate white guys...Miami Vice dude with the coke ******...the black police chief...That movie is so classic to me.

And missing the first 15 mins of Robocop is missing maybe the greatest part of the movie? That sets up everything and has the most unexpectedly raw scenes my young eyes had seen back then. That movie is so memorable.

Missed the first 15 minutes of Robocop OG, and wish I missed the last hour and a half as well. That movie sucks. **** was beyond terrible. Only thing I liked was seeing Bogomil on screen again. I won't be seeing that ever again. Probably skip the remake now too. :lol:

picked up 12 years a slave and og tmnt 1 and 2 this weekend. also got the island.
No one has ever or will ever pick up this combination of films again.

:lol: :smh:
a synopsis of how the selections came about:

browsed through the new releases. oh look, 12 years a slave. grabbin that. what across the row. the island is 5 bucks? why not. walking to the register a bin of blu rays on sale. browsing. oh snap, tmnt 1. minus whale. browse some more. wut? part 2 also. cant buy 1 without the other.

and that is how the selections came to be :lol: :\

Hobo will happen. Even if I gotta Clockwork Orange show it to everybody. :lol:

Dead or alive, you're coming with me....Your move, creep...I'd buy that for a dollar...when he shot dude in the ****...black guy with an earring's entire existence...Red Foreman...all the pasty evil corporate white guys...Miami Vice dude with the coke ******...the black police chief...That movie is so classic to me.

And missing the first 15 mins of Robocop is missing maybe the greatest part of the movie? That sets up everything and has the most unexpectedly raw scenes my young eyes had seen back then. That movie is so memorable.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I need you to hunt for somethin. Odd Thomas.

It's "out there" but it's also coming to disk sometime this month. Has the kid from Alpha Dog/Star Trek, Yelchin I believe, and William DaFoe, do me a favor, if you haven't heard of it, if you know nothing of it, go in blind. Just, find, watch/review. Do it blind, see if it catches you.

If you've heard of it, then no worries, just check what you think. Sommers did it, the guy from The Mummy, and I'm hoping it would franchise for sequels, but they have a big to do about it with the producers and I think it's going to get lost in the shuffle. :smh:

I'll praise Hobo for a month for you. But I'm usin your name, I ain't puttin my initials on that film. I'll just spread your word. :lol:

So many movies won't have the same impact when watched x amount if years later. Avatar, for example, is not going to be good to a generation of kids used to seeing those visuals. Also, hype always has something to do what *** good a movie is/was, the toys, the commercials, the promotions. Once something revolutionizes something then a bunch of movies copy that, the sense if revolution is lost.

Confirmed that the Blu-Ray of Wolf won't have the extended 4-hour cut, right?
Damn. Feels like every year some filmmaker hypes up an extended cut we'll never see. 11 was Tree of Life, 12 was Django. And now Wolf. :smh:

I need you to hunt for somethin. Odd Thomas.

^That's a real thing....that happened last year? The hell. :lol: Got a few things to watch first, but I'll check it out.

Also, this is important:

‘Community’s Alison Brie Joins Will Ferrell-Kevin Hart Comedy ‘Get Hard

Last edited:
Got a few things to watch first, but I'll check it out.

No rush, just get at me when you do. And like I said, if you aren't aware of the premise, try to avoid it if possible.

How the hell did Anikan just fall for Palpatine's deception like that :smh: :smh:

Then instantly regrets killing Nick Fury :rofl: :rofl:

But then submits to the Emperor like there ain't nothing wrong :lol:

What a ******* idiot and terrible movie :lol:

The prequels :stoneface:

Somebody said it in here, Sirens on USA is pretty funny. Got a Broad City vibe to it imo.

:smh: :x @ CP watching Robocop the wrong way and then trying to hate. You can't watch on tv or a censored version, you can't miss the first 15 min. Definitely up there with Total Recall and I like the metaphor/comparison with Clockwork. It really is like something QT would direct.You might as well save your time on Blade Runner if you haven't seen that yet either.

On the other hand, from my recollection Hobo with a Shotgun was trash :lol:

Last edited:
The Lords of Salem, meh

I feel like Rob Zombie has potential and could make really good horror films but damn, he keeps missing since The Devil's Rejects.

ONeg already pretty much nailed it on the head with Robocop. That said, I'll never be talking to CP ever again... :smh:

Someone tell him that the first fifteen sets up the entire film. By that point, he's already in the suit, you don't set up your villains, and everything is kind of a mess. You don't get the corruption, you don't get the amazing consumerism satire. You miss a lot. That said, the movie shouldn't be as terrible as you're making it out to be regardless if you've seen the first fifteen or not.

^I was disappointing in imdbers for a sec, before I realized the ranges were different. :lol: BB 2x?
Am I the only one that couldn't give Hobo more than 10 minutes?

It's...bad good? :nerd: :lol:

It's pure throwback like one of those late cable psycho 80s movies, like a Robocop or Total Recall or Nightmare on Elm St's.

Last edited:
Dexter with that NFL player type fall off :smh:

Last season was a challenge to watch through

Last edited:
Last season was a challenge to watch through

I've never understood this 'gotta see the end' mentality. If I stop enjoiing a show, I'm done that episode, don't much see the point in finishing a tv show/movie if I no longer enjoi it.

I can't believe Dexter ended up being a ...

lumberjack. A ******* lumberjack in Oregon. :x

What. The. ****. :stoneface:

What a waste of hours of my life :smh:

Back
Top Bottom