Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Rumor: 'The Hateful Eight' Is Back On, Quentin Tarantino To Rewrite Script
BY KEVIN JAGERNAUTH
FEBRUARY 1, 2014 4:35 PM

For a movie that, for now, isn't getting made, "The Hateful Eight" sure has a lot written about it. But then again, few unmade projects can boast the name of Quentin Tarantino alongside the kind of fiery cancellation this one did, with the writer/director yanking the cord after the script leaked. But has he had a change of heart?

According to Jeff Sneider at The Wrap, his ear to the ground has heard that Quentin Tarantino will make the movie anyway and has even reached out to Samuel L. Jackson, presumably for a role. Here's what Sneider revealed on Twitter today (noting that he was unable to officially report it):

So, what does this mean? Well, it's a rumor. So as always, take it with a grain of salt. That said, we called the script "one of Tarantino’s most entertaining reads in a long time," and perhaps as the initial anger has subsided, he's realized the same and isn't ready to put this on the shelf. Moreover, the script that leaked was a first draft, and undoubtedly was going to have to go through rewrites anyway, particularly as the ending in its current form is "somewhat anti-climactic." As for Samuel L. Jackson's being mentioned? There is a part for an African American bounty hunter that seems tailor made for him—so again, it would make sense.

Anyway, we'll see if this rumor amounts to anything, but until then, be sure to check out all you need to know by reading: Black Night, White Hell: A Look At Quentin Tarantino’s 'The Hateful Eight' Western

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...-quentin-tarantino-to-rewrite-script-20140201

Tarantino should stop talking about films he wants to make/be involved in. It gets annoying because there's more talk than actual product.

[thread="287925"]i don't know how yall do that.  I can't watch dark or depressing movies or music when I'm down.  I can barely stand it when i'm not[/thread]

Its the only way I can watch those type of movies lol. I have to be in a ****** mood to watch those movies and they make me feel ****tier but its the only way I can get it together.

The Counselor was so damn dumb. Just like Savages, so much potential but way too much BS going on. Cameron Diaz must have some good stuff to continue to have a career in acting. She was painful. Almost 2.5 hours of garbage.

Super Sized Rated R version of Anchorman 2 (763 new jokes) definitely was funny. Might have been better than the theatrical version.

Blue Valentine hits me in the feels. Wow
Glad you checked the movie out......Was all in my feeling after watching the movie

RIP

Just finish watching Dark Skies and..........

THe family didnt know what they wanted to do.

None of the X-Men movies have resonated with me. I feel the same way about them that I do about the Raimi/Maguire Spidey movies. There's something about Bryan Singer's direction that I don't like. His photography is coldly austere & his storylines as well as character development lack any soul to me. I look at the newest trailer Days Of Future Past & just feel meh. I don't feel the slightest inkling to watch this even when it hits cable.

I did enjoy some Masterpiece Theater on PBS last night. They had an "episode" entitled Page Eight starring Bill Nighy, Michael Gambon, Rachel Weisz, & Ralph Fiennes among others. Nighy played an old MI5 agent that was given a file by a fellow MI5 agent that has damning information on the Brits. It was very very good. Excellent cast to say the least. It was funny to see Ewen Bremner (Spud from Trainspotting, Mullet from Snatch) playing a "grown up" role.

Last edited:
X-Men: Days of Future Past looks visually impressive but it seems like it'll be all sorts of confusing and impossible to follow

IMDb ‏@IMDb · 23m
#AmericanHorrorStory:FreakShow is confirmed w/ JessicaLange, KathyBates, AngelaBassett, @MsSarahPaulson & EvanPeters. http://imdb.to/Q8sebG

Since I know some of you liked the first couple (three?) seasons.

Last edited:
Morpheus 4 eh? I could watch that.
It kinda gives me the same feeling the Chronicle trailer did. It'll at least be a lot better than I Am Number Four.

And um...if anyone's ever watched a few episodes of The Good Wife before...forget about catching up on whatever you missed cuz you're a completist or w/e. There were 4 seasons before this one...3 1/2 of them were great, but you can skip that. And if you've never seen it before...don't let the title throw you off. It's not what you think. The only network shows I've seen in the last....ever that this reminds me of are The West Wing and House. Ridley Scott produces it, everyone on it deserves an Emmy...in 4 or 5 episodes, the show brought Michael J. Fox back...it's smarter and better written and directed than you'd think it'd be. And it's not a chick thing or a stuffy white people thing either.

Just watch this season. It's the best the show's ever been, and quietly, between this or Hannibal, it's the best network TV show right now. It looks like the internet's been talking about hte last episode, but it's not just that...it's all of it. And putting people only 100 episodes of anything is ridiculous, so just watch this season. It explains itself enough, and it's kind of it's own thing...and so damn good.

Damn Rebhorn :smh: He was in so many good things. He's just one of those actors that kinda gets those cog roles but he does it so well. He always fits in. You never question his ability to pull off the character he's playing whether it's serious or comedy. Just a range of emotions from his voice and body language where you pretty much see it came natural to him even though he was a bit type cast in minor roles.

Blake Lively has a certain quality that could be really great in the right role/movie... she'll probably never find that right situation, but it could happen

Savages was just all over the place.

And now I want to watch True Romance.
She showed some of that in Hick with a supporting role to Redmayne and Mortez.

If it wasn't for that my post regarding her would've been about how much she sucks and is just a face most dudes want to bang while other actresses from Gossip Girl are better but she's shown me potential. Hopefully she picks better roles she can reach the expectancy or surpass.

Morpheus 4 eh? I could watch that.
It kinda gives me the same feeling the Chronicle trailer did. It'll at least be a lot better than I Am Number Four.

And um...if anyone's ever watched a few episodes of The Good Wife before...forget about catching up on whatever you missed cuz you're a completist or w/e. There were 4 seasons before this one...3 1/2 of them were great, but you can skip that. And if you've never seen it before...don't let the title throw you off. It's not what you think. The only network shows I've seen in the last....ever that this reminds me of are The West Wing and House. Ridley Scott produces it, everyone on it deserves an Emmy...in 4 or 5 episodes, the show brought Michael J. Fox back...it's smarter and better written and directed than you'd think it'd be. And it's not a chick thing or a stuffy white people thing either.

Just watch this season. It's the best the show's ever been, and quietly, between this or Hannibal, it's the best network TV show right now. It looks like the internet's been talking about hte last episode, but it's not just that...it's all of it. And putting people only 100 episodes of anything is ridiculous, so just watch this season. It explains itself enough, and it's kind of it's own thing...and so damn good.
Fam that last ep. Will. Those feels. What was going through that kid's mind when he did that.

All I know is after I watched the ep I was a bit disheartened there's no thread for it on NT. I remember thinking about after the end of the ep before this one where'd they go with the two just being competitive rivals and not vengeful enemies. Then that happened.

Show is great, has great characters. Punjabi :evil: :smokin Julianna :smokin :evil: Word to dude on Broad City fapping to her.

I am Number Four >>>>>> Hobo with a Shotgun.
:lol:

I remember fore I watched that they were already talking sequel with a I Am # 8. I only watched for Argon/Agron.

I might just have to re-watch Hobo to see how bad it is. I don't think I watched the whole thing cuz I thought it was so bad.

The Signal looks good. I can see where you might get a Chronicle vibe but this seems better. This almost had me thinking it was heading in to Source Code territory but then it veered to the more serious. I'll watch for air tank girl and Fishburne. I gotta say the look of the film kinda reminds me of MOS as well.

Last edited:
Man, Wolf Of Wall Street is a crazy *** movie. I thought some scenes dragged on too long but I still really liked it. It felt a lot like Goodfellas the way it played out.

Two of my favorite movie soundtracks. I think they should be considered among the all time great movie soundtracks; Peter Gabriel's Last Temptation of Christ (great movie in theory, horrible execution by Marty) & The Tron Legacy soundtrack from Daft Punk.

What a masterful performance by DDL. One of the all time great performances on film. Total transformation right down to the voice.

Back
Top Bottom