Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

See...the 2 funniest of the last few for me, aren't even really comedies. Django and Wolf.

But yeah...I agree with all of those. Maybe add on Goon and Lego Movie.

The Other Guys, Hot Tub Time Machine, and MacGruber but I wouldn't put any of these on the level of Superbad, 40 Year Old Virgin, Old School, Anchorman, etc.

21 Jump Street and Bridesmaids are definitely the best 2 straight comedy films of this decade so far

Last edited:
MacGruber hit me soooooooo right when I saw it. His voice. :rofl:

I can't. "I'm gonna shoot" is still. :lol:

Last edited:
"I'm gonna fill you up" 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Most of those Ferrell movies lose replay value the 2nd time you watch. Only Old School has held up for me.

Wolf has it on lock as far as the 2010s go.

The Other Guys, Hot Tub Time Machine, and MacGruber but I wouldn't put any of these on the level of Superbad, 40 Year Old Virgin, Old School, Anchorman, etc.

21 Jump Street and Bridesmaids are definitely the best 2 straight comedy films of this decade so far
the other guys is definitely up there. I always forget about that one but I always watch it when it's on and it's hilarious every time.

Last edited:
I saw MacGruber in the theater. I thought it was amazing. Easily in my top 10 comedies of the last decade. Also loved The Dictator. Those two movies got a lot of hate.

I thought Bridesmaids was a POS. Long and boring as can be.

Most of those Ferrell movies lose replay value the 2nd time you watch. Only Old School has held up for me.

See, I feel the opposite. Most of his movies, including Anchorman and Step Brothers, have gotten funnier for me on subsequent viewings. I don't go out of my way to watch them, but I can catch stuff like Semi-Pro and Blades of Glory on TV and laugh. To each his own, I guess. Comedy is really pretty subjective.

See, I feel the opposite. Most of his movies, including Anchorman and Step Brothers, have gotten funnier for me on subsequent viewings. I don't go out of my way to watch them, but I can catch stuff like Semi-Pro and Blades of Glory on TV and laugh. To each his own, I guess. Comedy is really pretty subjective.
I can catch them on tv now too and laugh at some parts but if you sit down re-watch the whole thing you'll come away feeling that was way more funnier the first time around.

It's even worse for the movies that weren't THAT funny first time around like Blades of Glory and Talleda Nights.

saw 300 rise of the Empire and sheesh was it good. surprised I was. want to see it several times. chances there will be a third?

Whether your favorite is Old School, Wedding Crashers, Superbad, etc., I think we can all agree that 2000s >>>>> 2010s (so far) for comedies.
Aw yeah. The drought started in '09, when all we had was I Love You, Man and people were so spoiled and desperate for anything, that they spazzed out on The Hangover.

I mean what are you guys' fav comedies of the last few years?
my favorite comedies:

old school

harold and kumar

superbad

white chicks

we're the millers

wedding crashers

anchorman

hangover

21 jump street

dodge ball

tropic thunder

the wedding singer

ace ventura

wolf of wall street

Conan is in Dallas this weekend for the Final Four.. which means he'll have a new, awesome remote segment each night.

Sex Tape looks to be as funn as Bad Teacher was so not very funny but something ok to watch and have on in the background.

Damn Jason Segel, he wanted to leave HIMY early and everything and now that it's finally over I get this? I want Forgetting Sarah Marshall level comedy. His next movie better be something crazy with him and Jonah/Seth.

When I saw Wedding Crashers in theaters, it had me in tears. But rewatching it over the years, it's come down.
Especially cuz I don't really care for Owen Wilson or Vince Vaughn in anything much anymore.

And it's kinda different with Talladega. Cuz I woulda told you that it was on that Anchorman/Old School level.
I watched it again last year...it's still got a lot of classic in there (I mean the knife scene is forever)..but man that movie drags.

To me, Anchorman, Old School, Superbad, and Step Brothers will be timeless.

Hell, even 40 Year Old Virgin too. And Knocked Up.

Wedding Crashers is great, don't get me wrong. But for me, it's not as high up there. Still excellent though.

Gotta say, I think this has real promise :pimp: . Doesn't hurt that I'm familiar with most of the locations they filmed in.

Back
Top Bottom