Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

If you don't like Seinfeld, you cannot be trusted.

Show is the best sitcom of all time. PERIOD.

Costanza is the ultimate relateable character, Jerry always wins, Kramer was da goat, and Elaine was just
pimp.gif

**** Seinfeld haters as a staff, Forum posters , and as a mother ******* crew.
And if you want to be down with Seinfeld haters,

Then **** you too

My review for Captain America The Winter Soldier

Man, blown away.

First off, Winter Soldier was everything I could ask for. Menacing as ****, sick with the danger, and an absolute bad ***. My lone, small complaint, was lack of dialogue. He was more Boba Fett than Vader, so to speak. Where Joker and Bane lived off their actions AND dialogue, TWS didn’t have that. He had the look, he had the action, but he didn’t deliver the powerful lines that take a movie from greatness, to iconic.

Evans as Cap tho, really blossomed. He fits, and he did his job perfectly in this one. At his core, he keeps the Cap “values” in focus. Truth, freedom, protect the innocent, right-wrong, etc. Any movie of this nature is going to hinge on the bad guy being a real enough threat but Evans managed to hold his own and balance what we as viewers really want, the good guy to pull it off in the end, etc.

Black Widow is doin work. :pimp: I did not expect Scarlett’s role to expand this much, but I am glad it did. She is doing a great job, and I absolutely support a Black Widow stand alone. She fits, she really does. The scene with the drive missing from the vending machine and she walks up chewing bubble gum had me cackling for a good while. :lol: The humor overall was much more subtle than Thor 2 was, and much more clever, imo. That scene, and her constantly mentioning dates was a great balance.

Nick Fury gettin loose was a nice touch as well. Being the 9th film is giving them the chance to start exploring these roles, and Samuel was certainly up for this one.

The foreshadow with Winter Soldier holding the shield. :wow: :pimp:

Agent Cobie and agent 13, perfect blending and balance to all the testosterone.

Crossbones was pretty bad *** as well, and looked like a good fit in the universe. Look forward to him comin back soon. Zola was sort of a cool way to bring back the old Hydra stuff, I was really intrigued by that. Speaking of, really enjoyed the go back to the pre Cap days with Bucky and skinny Evans. I liked that blend quite well. Seeing the anguish Cap had when he realized who Winter Soldier was was a nice touch, and of course having Soldier get Cap out of the river was an excellent way to show Bucky is still in there. I liked that he drug him out, but then left him there. Perfect. Doc Ock always bothered me how he went from meaning well scientist, to out of control monster, to let me save the day Ock all in 2 hours. Let Soldier do a solid, but not just cave all the way in and become some nice guy all of a sudden. He paid the respect for Cap not crushing him when he was pinned, but he didn’t just swing back right away. I loved that give and take between the two. Cap was willing to die to show his “friend” he wouldn’t fight, and the bad guy had the respect to save someone that didn’t just kill him when he was at his weakest.

Robert Redford was solid, and I agree 100 million percent with RFX, if he would have ripped his face off to reveal Red Skull, I would have passed the hell out. :lol: :lol:

The action in this film upped everything outside of Avengers. Thor 2 upped the ante, and Cap has now called and raised. Loved Black Falcon flying around, the helicarriers, the gun/knife fight in the streets, the Fury car chase, the elevator, the opening ship sequence, all of it. So well done, and the perfect follow up after the 1945 era style they went for. Really really hit home.

Loved the photos of Tommy Lee Jones, and the cast from Cap 1, solid way to blend the two together.

The Twins scene after credits. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: So, so, so ready.

I need a little time, but I expect to slot this as thee best Marvel film after maybe the Avengers. I still appreciate the effort of having the whole group on screen, and the epicness of that film to leave at 1 for now, but Winter Soldier is more than likely the better film overall. After some time, and another viewing, I might just bump it to the top of the list. It’s certainly up there. This film does not have a lot of holes.

*(one small complaint, one call to the Hulk, and those helicarriers never get in the air, I think that’s kind of worth a mention, but again, standalones are standalones for a reason :lol: )

Seinfeld might be on of those "You had to watch it back then" kind of shows. Not only was it inverting some of the standard sitcom tropes and cliches... but by now you've heard all of the catch phrases, famous quotes, been told how it's the greatest sitcom ever, etc... so it might not hit you the same way. Seinfeld coming through in the 90s basically flipped the bird to your standard network sitcom.. and THEN crushed it in the ratings :lol:

It looks more tame in comparison to the rise of single camera sitcoms in the 2000s and cable comedies as well.

It might not be for everyone, but it's brilliant. Beloved characters, dozens of classic episodes and lines, it's still one of my favorites even after seeing all the episodes dozens of times.

[quote name="Kal-El-8"]If you don't like Seinfeld, you cannot be trusted.

Costanza is the ultimate relateable character, Jerry always wins, Kramer was da goat, and Elaine was just :pimp:

Then **** you too
[/quote]See, I take sentiments like these the same way I would take someone vehemently defending sugar cookies, rice crispies, and water. :lol:

Like, why? It's so... 'meh'. :lol:

It even hails ITSELF as being about... nothing. It's nothing to get excited over, literally. :lol:

Originally Posted by Kal-El-8  
If you don't like Seinfeld, you cannot be trusted.

Costanza is the ultimate relateable character, Jerry always wins, Kramer was da goat, and Elaine was just
pimp.gif

Then **** you too
See, I take sentiments like these the same way I would take someone vehemently defending sugar cookies, rice crispies, and water.
laugh.gif

Like, why? It's so... 'meh'.
laugh.gif

It even hails ITSELF as being about... nothing. It's nothing to get excited over, literally.
laugh.gif
It's about everything. life situations that STILL apply to this day.

In my office daily i think of experiences I go through that were the exact same to what was in seinfeld.

I'm normally down with your opinion Ska, but I will defend Seinfeld till the end.

It's about everything. life situations that STILL apply to this day.

In my office daily i think of experiences I go through that were the exact same to what was in seinfeld.
 Agree totally, at least 3-5 days a week there is a seinfeld reference to something happening around the office.  Yesterday - we talked about how could we get some sleep at the office, the consensus was to build beds under our desks.

That's part of what makes it so great.

There's no lessons to be learned. No relationships to grow. No characters to develop. They're famous for having the rule "No hugging, no learning" which is pretty much the opposite of most other sitcoms. It makes it really unique and refreshing. Plus it's just plain funny and like Kal-El said being "about nothing" allowed it to be about everything and anything. Finding humor and story from little moments of social awkwardness, or with family or your parents, or with dating or friends, etc.

Agree totally, at least 3-5 days a week there is a seinfeld reference to something happening around the office.  Yesterday - we talked about how could we get some sleep at the office, the consensus was to build beds under our desks.

I have, in fact, taken naps under my desk at work before and I think about Costanza every time. In fact, I wouldn't have had the idea if it wasn't for him. Thanks, George.

[quote name="Big J 33"]Seinfeld might be on of those "You had to watch it back then" kind of shows. Not only was it inverting some of the standard sitcom tropes and cliches... but by now you've heard all of the catch phrases, famous quotes, been told how it's the greatest sitcom ever, etc... so it might not hit you the same way. Seinfeld coming through in the 90s basically flipped the bird to your standard network sitcom.. and THEN crushed it in the ratings :lol:[/quote]Speaking collectively, I agree.

But for me, my initial experience was in the break room at Best Buy, my second job. Hadn't heard about the show, but everyone was watching. So I watched.

Went back to the warehouse after break and told myyyy dude Tom "Don't know what the hell was on in the breakroom, but it was terrible. Seinfield, I think."

He looks at his watch and says all exited "Oh yeah! I forgot! 'Terrible'? You didn't like it?! C'mon!! Probably a bad episode, because that **** is HILARIOUS."

Meh. :\

Last edited:

I have, in fact, taken naps under my desk at work before and I think about Costanza every time. In fact, I wouldn't have had the idea if it wasn't for him. Thanks, George.
This.

Also

Do it everyday
roll.gif

I wish Seinfeld was on Netflix or amazon prime so I could give it a shot.

Don't really wanna stream all those episodes on those other "sites." Would require too much work

[quote name="Big J 33"]That's part of what makes it so great.

There's no lessons to be learned. No relationships to grow. No characters to develop. They're famous for having the rule "No hugging, no learning" which is pretty much the opposite of most other sitcoms. It makes it really unique and refreshing. Plus it's just plain funny and like Kal-El said being "about nothing" allowed it to be about everything and anything. Finding humor and story from little moments of social awkwardness, or with family or your parents, or with dating or friends, etc.[/quote]See, like I've said before regarding movies and TV shows: I look to be challenged, and I reserve my loyalties for intense character struggle and compromising situations. A compromising situation in Seinfeld is accidentally adding salt in coffee. :lol:

Meh.

*seinfieldleavingtheater.gif*

Last edited:
Exactly. That's why I'm not even stressing you saying it was "meh".

From what you've said in the past, it would be weird if you enjoyed Seinfeld. It's just not for you. And that's not even the elitist kind of "You just don't get it" :lol: but it's really just not for you.

I wish Seinfeld was on Netflix or amazon prime so I could give it a shot.

Don't really wanna stream all those episodes on those other "sites." Would require too much work
You listen to Lil' Wayne, you wouldn't like it.

srs.

not srs

nt sure

:lol: I know your jk but man things get blown out of proportion on NT :smh: :lol:

I listen to Tha Carter 2. I don't listen to anything else from Wayne.

By the Way, for those who enjoyed Smallville back in the day... Just finished the first season of ARROW on Netflix and it's a solid show.

Very entertaining, dark, violent, fast paced, but good character development and a very interesting story line for the Green arrow. I would recommend if you want to kill time with an entertaining show. Not breaking bad by any means but as a super hero show it's rock solid.

Iono. I like the Seinfeld I've seen, but it was just before my time I think.
Like I never saw a live episode ever. Don't think I even gave the reruns a shot til a few yrs after it was over.

The Office just hit me square is all.

I literally was just going through season 2 episodes of The Office last night before I slept.

They're timeless.
Nothing compares.
I've seen them 10x but I still die of laughter when I watch, even when I know what's coming.

Like O says, season 2-4 are classic.

Nothing else has made me tear up in laughter the way those 3 seasons of television do.

He created a username "LittleKidLover" on a dating website to show to women that he has intentions of having kids... Trying to make a positive impression...

LITTLE.
KID.
LOVER.

Bruh.

I couldn't breath bro...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom