Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Without getting into it right now.. Man of Steel did enough to satisfy. Superman actually fought bad guys, Krypton being destroyed, Costner's "You are my son" line, etc.

If you want to judge it on it's overall story, pacing, etc. then it's going to suffer. It's a good movie with a lot of great moments.. but it should have been a great movie with those same great moments.

justified is probably my favorite show on TV right now.  Boyd Crowder is an awesome character, as well as Raylan Givens, and the dynamic between the two is always captivating as well.  Cant wait for the finale this week!

What do you mean in terms of pacing/story? Drags, or too fast, where you referring?

And story lacks?

MOS should have been better.. Just felt like something was missing to me.. Maybe it was cavill.. I need to watch again..

But I left the theater feeling unsatisfied.. Not that the movie was bad

Just the movie overall... not to say everything has to be as good as The Dark Knight because that's the gold standard.. but it's just not a great film overall.

It looks great, it's got awesome action, memorable lines and moments, but it's not all there. I really haven't seen it in awhile so I should rewatch it to give it another look. Don't get me wrong, the good outweighed the bad for me and I really enjoyed it. Granted, I also really wanted to like it so that might have influenced my opinion.

I was about to post gotta believe Big J is watching Anna Kendrick host SNL right now but he already gave everybody the heads up in here :lol:

Her opening was funny just cuz of my nostalgic memories of watching the Beauty and the Beast animated movie.

I hear you guys. Give the extra watch, see if you can pinpoint it. You guys all sayin similar things, but can't exactly spot it.

I really, really loved the humaness of it, more than the action/beauty.

Crowe was great, but to me, Costner's lessons/teachings were incredible for what really was goin on, an alien, learning how to exist. That can't be easily explained, tossed aside.

It's why I mentioned his anger with Zod threatening his mom. That to me is a real key to this "boyscout" that can fly. He unleashed on the dude bullying his mother. But was gut wrenched killing the same guy who was tryin to cook innocent people.

What other comic film has that heart????

I'm expecting her to be great on here.. she can commit to a joke, she's got the talent (based off that opening number which she killed), the only issue is if the writers utilize her well.

Just finished terminator 1 with my girl.

Couldn't stop laughing Idk why :lol:
That fake *** Halloween looking mask Arnold had on with one eye cut out had us in TEARS. :rofl:

I know it was made in 84 but man, the difference in today's cgi and that cgi... Mind blowing. :lol:

Overall, decent flick. I think if i wasn't excited about getting to T2 I'd say it was "meh", but since I know a great sequel is next I was able to enjoy it knowing it was just the appetizer leading up to the main course.

Finally saw exactly where his infamous "I'll be back" came from... Talk about a late pass :lol:

I had a feeling that Reese was gonna smash and be the father to the future "john connor", called that early.

Anywhoo,
Excited for T2.
Excited to see what happens.
May not get to it tonight but definitely will get it seen by tomorrow.

I feel ridiculous for even posting about T1, I know you guys probably all saw it 15 years ago :lol:

Isn't there a T3 too? That's probably trash huh? And I never saw the one with Christian bale either, I saw horrible reviews :lol:

Last edited:
The dong song was horrible. Bad beat/melody and lyrics. They been slipping hard since Andy and his Lonely Island crew left.

The Little Mermaid skit got me wondering now if the voice for the crab/lobster was a black guy now or if it was just a white guy doing a Jamaican accent :lol: :smh:

The Dong Song was ok.. but should have been awesome. They just settled for "Women saying sexual things is funny" and didn't have to try that hard.

MOS dialogue/origins >>> Cap 2, and I loved Cap 2.

"Look Kal, you can save her, you can save them all..."
You can be the bridge between two peoples.

Every, single, word spoken by Kevin Costner.

The anger by Supes when he finds Zod at his moms house.

That stuff ain't fake man.

I almost hate that Zack Snyder directed Man of Steel, if only, because the best way I could explain what I didn't like about it, would be comparing it to Sucker Punch and Watchmen.

The difference is, Sucker Punch was something that didn't exist at all, so I could at least appreciate dude building a new world. And Watchmen was something I thought would never get realized, so I could at least appreciate the half of the movie they really got right. I could appreciate that even though they completely missed the point they thought they were making, they were still some beautiful images and moments, even if they were shallow.

But Superman...is Superman. And it's so seethrough obvious, how hollow, senseless, and fake high-art the whole movie is. I didn't hate it cuz it was all bad. I hated it cuz stole all the great big budget movie styles, shots, atmosphere and tone...and even rattled off some really pretty lyrical dialogue here and there...on the way to absolutely being full of it. You wanna believe, if they can do certain things very well in a film, it means the filmmaker is in control and it's gonna be great.

It felt like a joke being played on the audience. It's hollow. It's got the biggest fake heart of any of these. I mean it's Avatar, except at least that brought something new to the table. There wasn't a moment that movie hit on, that they didn't make you regret your faith in it, almost immediately. I almost feel like you have to have tunnelvision to appreciate MoS.

Last edited:
Didn't Cavill brought anything to the role besides really looking like Superman, his acting was subpar though I didn't think the character development was that good anyway.

BigJ right though, Nolan ****** up super hero movies for me.

I still can't believe anyone considers TDRK a good movie.

So bad. :lol:

Bane was cool, but all that toughness ruined by some lame *** death via Bat Woman's motorcycle... I was lmao. Like... Really? This just happened? Dude was invincible to anyone and anything but got taken out by Catwoman's bike?

Anyways. I have a longer list of issues but that's just one example.

Movie had it's moments of course, I'm not gonna lie and say it was boring because some of it was still entertaining. But it just wasn't a Batman movie man... Probably a total of 10 minutes total it seemed of actual Batman screen time. Seemed like no crimes were stopped, no villains were fought, Batman didn't do jack in an entire Batman movie. He wasn't even the one the kill the main villain of the movie. It just drove me nuts :smh:

It's truly a shame that Heath passed, I feel like that ruined everything for Nolan when It came to writing TDKR.

Wait..people got gripes with The Watchmen? Outside them completely changing the ending, for no conceivable reason, I absolutely loved The Watchmen...it was literally frame for frame the comic. I watch the movie once every couple of months and have read the comic more times than I care to mention. I don't even care about the ending being changed, yea ur was different but made the same point the Comic was trying to make.

But it's whateves, you ain't like it you ain't like it...

I walked out The Dark Knight Returns...I thought it was God awful, writing was horrible, constantly knocking you over the head with the theme. The plot was cool, but didn't make sense at times. Bane was a MF waste, he's a villain in his own right bit some pawn. As a Batman fan I was very disappointed with this one...only this one.

Last edited:
Anna Kendrick speaking French and dancing weirdly?

God yes.

She's a natural. It's just some of these skits... >D

It's truly a shame that Heath passed, I feel like that ruined everything for Nolan when It came to writing TDKR.

Yeah...it definitely changed it for the worse. The movie was just really ambitious and couldn't follow through with all of the big ideas it had, and all the world-building it tried to do doubletime. I mean...trying to jump 8 years, and hold a city hostage for months, and build a Gotham overrun, without cops, and have Bruce go from grizzly to primed to hobbled to primed again. And then the nuke and Ras and...too many plates spinning...a lot of them hit the ground.

Like I love pieces of the movie, but I couldn't watch it all the way through again without getting annoyed and frustrated.

Still...ain't no excuse for Bane's voice. :smh:

Last edited:
Watchmen was pretty bad. I already went in on that movie several times so I don't need to again especially since it's been revealed the movie actually could've been worse than what they released had another person directed it. For ppl that don't know I think the general feedback on Watchmen is 50/50. I don't recall mass praise for it like they did the source material justice or that they managed to pull off a good comic book movie. Most ppl just go to the visuals and that's always been my complaint about Snyder, all style and usually no substance.

Agree with ONeg's further criticisms of MOS. At this point I just keep saying at least the fight scenes were cool. Action can't be hated on until you get to the mass death and realize this is a Superman movie.

I think CP's biggest roadblock in talking about MOS is he constantly compares it to previous Superman movies and that's it. Usually that'd be fine and welcomed but it's borderline bias when you ignore the quality story telling of comic book movies of today.

Thanks Big J :lol: I didn't expect anybody to actually look up that Little mermaid part.

Last edited:
Finished Out of Sight...good movie. Everyone did their thing. So blown Clooney didn't get away at the end, but Ving did, so that was cool. Great dialogue, pretty good writing, then again at points in most movies I can't tell if it was the writing or the directing, either way, I'm watching more by either I'd the writers or the director.

I'm bored on a Saturday night.. of course I'd do it :lol:

Kendrick is awesome. She can sing, she can be funny, she commits to the skit, she's not clearly reading cue cards the whole time :lol: They just didn't use her well enough. The Little Mermaid was good because they let her sing, the opening monologue was great, the Dong Song was okay.. but they should have used that song/skit to parody Cups which would have been a nice Youtube/viral hit. But they made her just a normal cast member too often.. A random viewer on the Fox News skit? Ehh... this frontier strongman skit? She was just there. She wasn't in Weekend Update at all. She was good in the Zoo skit, and I always love that one for the Principal. I love the French dancing sketches.. but they weren't as good as the Emma Stone ones.. but I'll take it :lol:

They just needed to utilize her talents better than they did. She could have been the centerpiece of every sketch. While she wasn't used a fraction as well as Justin Timberlake, she reminds me of him a bit. She would fit in perfectly as a cast member here. But she would have been clearly the most talented person there so she'd only last a few seasons :lol:

Last edited:
Right on cue, she's singing. :lol:

SNL...Yeah, that wasn't much funny, but in a weird way the show is the most creative and weird it's been since like ever?
Almost feels like they overthink their setups or something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom