Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Search for some reviews in this thread, a few people have seen it.. the general reviews were strong and if you like Wes Anderson you should enjoy it.

Search for some reviews in this thread, a few people have seen it.. the general reviews were strong and if you like Wes Anderson you should enjoy it.

This. Although both Mr. O and I said this is a movie that even people who don't normally love Anderson films might like.

Captain America was dope!!!

Best movie of 2014 so far, too bad it won't last long due to Spider-Man coming out

Anybody see Under the Skin yet? Watching it tomorrow afternoon and like what I've read about it so far.

Also watched Speed last night, still holds up as a very good 90's action flick. Keanu is solid and Sandra is very likable but man, Dennis Hopper is so damn good as the villain. While reading up on it afterwards, I had no idea Joss Whedon was brought in to redo the dialogue but it makes so much sense to me now.

Was grand budapest good? Me and my girl are in the mood for a movie but idk what to see. Ive seen capt america and divergent already. Occulus looks corny
To me, honestly, and I may be the weirdo that feels that way but none of Wes Anderson movies seem like something I'd watch with my girl(s) :lol: Unless it's a real special girl that gets those type of movies. Maybe Moonrise Kingdom, given the kid love story.

I had a day off today, planned on getting to the theater to see Captain America... NOPE!

A co-worker had car trouble, so I covered... naturally I stayed up late as hell expecting to get to sleep in and got a text at 8:30 asking to work :lol: :smh:

So I guess I'll see it Tuesday? I've got jury duty at like 8am but hopefully I'm excused early.
With your luck you'll end up on a jury of some murder trial and it'll end up a mix of 12 Angry Men and Runaway Jury :lol: The ordeal lasts just long enough until Cap 2 isn't in theaters anymore near you.

Plus you miss out on ASM2 :lol:

Last edited:
I would enjoy reliving all my favorite court room dramas... but yeah.. that would be my luck :lol:

And of course I don't live where my permanent residence says I do because I haven't updated my info... so I have to drive into downtown and it's like 25 minutes from where I live now.. but like 50 with rush hour traffic :lol:

Oculus

I had no expectations going into this one. I knew it had something to do with a mirror, I hadn't seen a horror film in theaters since Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, which left a bad taste in my mouth. :lol:

It's not spoiling anything by saying that the film is about two siblings who try to destroy a mirror because of the misfortune that same mirror caused them when they were children.

I really, really liked the concept, the plot, and even some of the writing. The gimmick of them constantly flashing back and forth between the past and present, it worked really well I thought. The editing and the cinematography was really well done. They accomplished a lot given this doesn't have any big name actors, don't have very many genuine scares, and that they don't necessarily do a lot that hasn't been done before.

That said, the acting is completely horrible by the siblings in their "present-day," iteration. It's amazing how much better the kids are at acting than the actual "adults," in the film. Both of the kids were great, and did very well in the action scenes. Complete polar opposites between the kids and the adults in terms of believability.

There aren't really too many plot twists, and the film ends pretty much how any logical person would think it would, but it still was quite entertaining, and even a little bit tense at times. This is definitely a film that over-achieved, and wouldn't mind seeing it turn into a series.

Though, the more I think about it, none of the horror film series that turned into franchises have worked out very well.

Saw? Great. It's sequels? Nothing to write home about.
Insidious? Phenomenal. The lone sequel? Pretty bad.
The Purge? Really unique idea. Verdict is TBD there.

Depp has spent way too much time being Jack Sparrow. I just have a hard time taking him seriously anymore.

Yup...with Mad Hatter, Tonto and Dark Shadows dude....I mean, he tried with Public Enemies...but dude is King Ridiculous now.

And Transcendence seems like a big ridiculous idea movie, played straight, and with him at the front, it makes it look like a joke.

I had a day off today, planned on getting to the theater to see Captain America... NOPE!

Son, I am disappoint.

Oculus

That said, the acting is completely horrible by the siblings in their "present-day," iteration.

So Karen Gillan wasn't good? :\ That's my chick from Who.

Saw Jennifer Garner today in person when I was at the park with my son. Didn't talk to her, but she seemed very down-to-Earth, just talking normally to other parents. She looked in person like she does on screen, but skinnier.

I think she is  pretty attractive, I'd happily wife her...however, the way her cheeks are structured she always looks like she went a couple of rounds with Hiliary Swank. Always throws me off.

^^^Dude, those cheekbones are even more striking in person. Stand out even underneath big sunglasses.

Saw Jennifer Garner today in person when I was at the park with my son. Didn't talk to her, but she seemed very down-to-Earth, just talking normally to other parents. She looked in person like she does on screen, but skinnier.

That's it, I'm moving to LA.

Just watched Silicon Valley and I enjoyed it, will keep watching. Its almost an exact carbon copy of BETAS on amazon though.

Jennifer Garner fell off unfortunately. Don't think it was cuz of kids just plain aging.

No surprised that she's "down-to-Earth", I kinda laugh when I hear that phrase cuz it's assumed most celebs are narcissistic egomaniacs. Jen always seemed cool and just a very nice person. Similar to Liv Tyler.

Neighbors got wifi installed last weekend...still an open connection gettin a steady 20mbps on my laptop way better than the tethered 3g on my phone :pimp: .....going on a download spree tonight may even start the game of thrones and mad men series's since ive never seen them

I actually watched The Proposal from start to finish today. Funnier than I thought it'd be and that's mainly cuz of Sandra Bullock.

Watching her dance and shake her *** while singing Ying Yang Twin's Get Low was great :rofl: I don't know if it was cuz of tv or not but the only thing that would've been better if I heard her say "Awwhh SKEET SKEET!" It really revealed more about her personality I didn't notice before. Might actually get around to watching The Heat now.

Bout to try and watch Breakfast At Tiffany's in it'e entirety for the first time.

Last edited:
Yup...with Mad Hatter, Tonto and Dark Shadows dude....I mean, he tried with Public Enemies...but dude is King Ridiculous now.

And Transcendence seems like a big ridiculous idea movie, played straight, and with him at the front, it makes it look like a joke.
Son, I am disappoint.
So Karen Gillan wasn't good? :\ That's my chick from Who.

Easily the worst part of the film. Easily. She was horrendous.

That's it, I'm moving to LA.

Greatest place ever. Was in Target today - yes Target - and saw a smoking hot girl wearing super short Daisy Dukes; ***** hanging out everywhere. Stared hard as %#^* - no damns given. (No, my wife was not with me). Anyway, I love LA.

Back
Top Bottom