Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I just saw Godzilla. I personally did not like it. Maybe there are some things that I may had have to been a fan of the Godzilla story to get, like what the heck those two other things were but I didn't get that.

I also wanted more violence, felt that it needed more Godzilla fighting stuff in it.

There was a lot of cheesy stuff going on also, which was meh.

It wasn't Godzilla 2000 though. But those are the only two Godzilla movies I've seen, maybe I am expecting too much.

The one bright spot was that this was the first 3D movie I've watched in years and I wasn't totally disappointed by how much of it was in 3D vs how much wasn't.

Gladiator thumb down gif.
Shocking. 
laugh.gif

I just saw Godzilla. I personally did not like it. Maybe there are some things that I may had have to been a fan of the Godzilla story to get, like what the heck those two other things were but I didn't get that.

I also wanted more violence, felt that it needed more Godzilla fighting stuff in it.

It wasn't Godzilla 2000 though. But those are the only two Godzilla movies I've seen, maybe I am expecting too much.

The one bright spot was that this was the first 3D movie I've watched in years and I wasn't totally disappointed by how much of it was in 3D vs how much wasn't.

Shocking. 
laugh.gif
I didnt come in here with a hyperbolic statement and I gave you guys paragraphs. Thats all you can ask for. 

When all the stuff in the places gets destroyed who cleans that up? Whos moving all that broken building? Where are they moving it? Theres no "This place got destroyed" landfill. One day a movie will answer that question, one day...
@Antidope you should look into Stocker or some indle flims.
Will do.

Shocking. 
laugh.gif
I didnt come in here with a hyperbolic statement and I gave you guys paragraphs. Thats all you can ask for. 

When all the stuff in the places gets destroyed who cleans that up? Whos moving all that broken building? Where are they moving it? Theres no "This place got destroyed" landfill. One day a movie will answer that question, one day...
Nah, wasn't trying to 'correct' you or anything, so my fault if it came off like that.

Was just saying: not shocked at all. It's a CRAZY popular movie, so of course you're not feeling it.
Talked about this like a page ago, if you missed it. Someone had suggested a movie (comedy) along the lines of a title like The Rebuilders, where it's centered around a group who comes in and fixes the damages of Transformers and Superman and Godzilla. 
laugh.gif

Talked about this like a page ago, if you missed it. Someone had suggested a movie (comedy) along the lines of a title like The Rebuilders, where it's centered around a group who comes in and fixes the damages of Transformers and Superman and Godzilla. 
laugh.gif
Lol really? I didnt scroll through the thread in fear of spoilers, but this needs to happen.
Do you know what has always bothered me about movies filled with destruction... who cleans up the mess afterwards?

Those Power Rangers used to destroy everything in sight in Angel Grove. And they always showed them happy after victories, but what about those poor buildings they crushed. Were anyone livin in those buildings? Did they receive compensation for their losses? Did anyone die? How were the bodies identified? Were relatives notified? Did anyone file a missing persons report?

You can replace Power Rangers with any movie, that just happened to be fhe 1st to pop in mind. Like in Independence Day how'd they get rid of all of thise alien ships they destroyed. So many unanswered questions
Bro you are a genius. This crossed my mind during Godzilla three times, especially at the end.

Last edited:
That was me lol. I think it would be pretty good. Ron Swanson as the chief, Aubrey Plaza as the field supervisor who loves superheroes, Tj Miller as her dbag bf, cast some stickler dude as her love interest.

Competing company starts muscling in on their territories, turns out the competing company is a supervillian company, building faulty buildings ghat break easily, using superheroes destruction as a political tool to stop superheroes (thus allowing super villains to run amuck). Aubrey Plaza, stickler dude and Tj miller must stop them, becoming 'heroes' themselves.

I literally thought of that as I was typing it lol.

Last edited:
I watched Mommie Dearest last night I was not expecting it to be so intense, not so much the physical abuse but the the rage and the fear she instilled

was almost hard to watch.  Hearing this movie quoted and referenced my entire life, i expecting something completely campy and over the top which it was at some points but man...

I saw DOFP last night...full review later...but 2 points

1. Jennifer Lawrence and Michael Fassbender need to do a serious drama together. Their chemistry is off the charts.

2. Hugh Jackman is so damn hilarious as Wolverine, his comedic timing and line delivery is great. I'd love to see Jackman in a comedy....doubt it every really happens, but he and Tom Hanks are the 2 most under rated funny serious actors.

On the other side of the coin, I like Jim Carrey better when he is in a serious role.

Can someone recommend me an underrated Netflix movie in particular drama or thriller/suspense?
Since no none made any recommendations I went ahead and watched Paranoid Park. 

Anyone seen it?

Thought I would hate Brooklyn 199 but I really like it.

saw 500 days of summer with the gf. I enjoyed it. She was a ***** but not as bad as I expected. People had me thinking she wold be Jenny from forest gump status.

Saw Bowfinger for the second time. Very underrated movie. Eddie Murphy is hilarious. A lot of jokes about the movie industry. Steve martin great as always. Good ensemble cast.

Finally saw we are the millers. Very good but came close to falling in the 3rd act. Wish it had a better ending and better Mexican antagonist. But very funny and that R rating helped a lot.

I've been watching nothing but crap on netflix :smh: :lol:

I remember when the trailer of that was posted and I wanted to see it. There needs to be like a netflix alert for when they add their new batch of movies.

I'll watch Gimme The Loot next.

Last edited:
I see what you're saying, but I don't really know if it applies to Hanks since he started out as a comedic actor. He became a star because he's funny.

Hanks is very versatile, which is why I always champion for him to host the Oscars

I've been watching nothing but crap on netflix :smh: :lol:

I remember when the trailer of that was posted and I wanted to see it. There needs to be like a netflix alert for when they add their new batch of movies.

I'll watch Gimme The Loot next.

I gave you 6 films you could absorb and enjoy to prep for a 7th.

Your fault you keep netflixin bull ****. :lol:

This also got 99% on RT and is pretty acclaimed critically. Also on Netflix.

:smokin Brie Larson was great. I got a newfound respect for dude from Newsroom. And them kids were good too.

Just an all-around really good movie, that was maybe too short. It reminded me of Shameless, but less wacky stuff.

I hated that the movie had to end. :smh: Woulda been there for many seasons, if this was a pilot. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom