Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Lego Movie is, indeed, the goods. Caught it last night on demand. Very funny and original. Will watch it again.

The Beach better than the first time I saw it :pimp:

As I watched I thought a young Leo could've easily done justice to a Lord of the Flies movie :smokin Oh well :smh:

The Beach is a pretty underrated movie, IMO. I've seen it multiple times and enjoyed it every time. Leo is good, but all the acting is solid. Tilda Swinton is particularly excellent.

If you want to feel sad and not actually get to replacing the drivetrain on your bike watch Lone Survivor.

If not, I'd say just watch Jack Ryan. Typical action spy flick. Should be good enough.

I went for Line Survivor and it was pretty good. Forgot I had read the book a few months ago so I knew the story. Pretty wild.

40 mile ride today and drivetrain is perfect. Can't say the same for my legs though.

After Wedding Crashers, any time my friends and I played a pickup football game, pretty much everyone quoted it.

"Hot route.. hot route!"

"It's like trying to cover a ******* race horse"

"Crabcakes and football, that's what Maryland does"

"Big tree fall hard"

Jenny Slate's movie, Obvious Child, is fantastic. If you like her, or laughing, or smart movies, or movies about things that make ridiculous people uncomfortable (abortion), give it a look.

Last edited:
It wasn't that bad. Worth the $6-7 ticket I paid to watch it. Best reason to watch is Eva Green's bosoms.

just caught up on the first two seasons of The Newsroom...i liked it b/c i like the news and i can see how the personal lives of the staff intertwined, they were on call so much that things were bound to get caught up with each other, which was the main criticism of the show...

This movie is abysmal.

I'd rather be at a wake.

Ain't nothing wrong with being at a wake

will-ferrell-13-660.jpg

Last edited:
Finally watched Neighbors.

Holy **** Rose Byrne with that accent, cussing like a sailor and kissing girls has me feeling ****. That broad is so hot. :smh:

Was funnier than I expected. Lisa Kudrow was priceless. :lol:

Ready for the final season of the Newsroom, kinda sucks its only 6 eps though.
Damn 6 eps. That's even worse than the shaft they're giving to Boardwalk Empire.

Guess HBO got series to shed and have some promising stuff on the way. Hope The Leftovers is good tonight.

I watched episode 1 of the newsroom, thought it was good but not interested in it enough to watch another episode. Olivia Munn is nice to look at though.

Guys help me pick a movie for tonight:

Curious case of Benjamin button

or glory

or schindler's list

or body of lies

or the next three days

Last edited:
Schindlers list is the best out of the lot, but I can't watch that movie too many times :smh:

I've been meaning to rewatch Benjamin Button for a while now so I pick that

Last edited:
Yeah I'd have to go with Schindler's List too. Great movie but incredibly powerful in a depressing sorta way. The type of movie you only watch once.

I've still never watched it. just can't get myself to do it. too sad.

with regards to the newsroom supposedly sorkin didn't wanna do it anymore it wasn't HBO giving them the shaft

I refuse to watch the leftovers. I'm sure people will rave about how mysterious and chilling it is. i already know that show is leading nowhere important and people will say it's about the characters and emotions not the plot.

Yeah, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button would be my pick. IMO, you really have to be in a certain state of mind watching something like Schindler's List, or even Glory. Plus, Button is a beautifully shot film, and I loved Pitt and Blanchett in it.

Also, I posted this in the other thread, but just quick thoughts on T4..

Right after the movie ended I thought, wow, the best film of the franchise. On the drive home, thinking about it (which is a bad idea for this type of film), I couldn't help but realize that Bay has no idea what to do with the Transformers.

I'll give him credit, the human characters were much better this time around. Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci and Bingbing Li were probably the best performers of the entire series. Bay also kept the humor to a minimum, but of course, had to have his signature "Victoria's Secret's" shots. Dinobots looked awesome, I guess. Battle scenes just aren't that exciting anymore.

I'm not even going to go into how disappointed I was in regards to the Transformers themselves. I know at this point, given that it's the 4th film, the well runs dry, but it's just getting ridiculous.

In terms of ranking the franchise now:

1. Transformers
2. Age of Extinction
3. Dark of the Moon
4. Revenge of the Fallen*

IMO, the 6.5 rating on IMDB is apropos. For me, the $15+ on this (IMAX 3D) wasn't a waste. And hey, the Interstellar trailer looked (and sounded) awesome on IMAX.

BTW, anyone else notice Jessica Gomes in the KSI commercials? Very nice.

*Love the Optimus "forest scene," but it's not enough to overshadow the slutty human transformer.

Back
Top Bottom