Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Hypothetical here's once were kinda on the subject if you can recast any movie which one & who would you cast I've thought about this & I want to recast step-brothers with harrison ford & Clint Eastwood as Brennan & dale & Gary busey as Adam Scott's character .
:lol: @ Ford and Eastwood in that movie. Somebody should get them to just read some of the lines for lulz like Sam Jackson does.

"Did we just become best friends?!!!?"

I don't know if I'd prefer the recast but as far as the rumors went I would've really liked to see Will Smith's Matrix trilogy and Django Unchained.

I thought Mean Girls Lohan was about to become a supernova. She was flat out outrageous by the end of that film, I'd give anything to get that part of her career back. :smh:

mronegative mronegative , let's have a talk through spoilers about Black Mirror, Episode 1.
Well...outside of telling the endings, you can't really spoil this show. :lol:
Too many moving parts and tiny, subtle moments.
"Callow gonna get pig AIDS LOL"

Son.

When I first saw that I had to stop it and walk away. :smh: :lol:

The fake internet trolling was so on point.

His wife is a *****.
Yup. I mean, she looks like Cat Stark mixed with Gemma from SoA, so what could you expect?
And just think about it...she's done with him, cuz he embarrassed her on social media to save a life. :smh:

Just loved the undertones and quickfire references to the digital age. Certain scenes that are just simple conversations between two people or a group were the most enjoyable for me, personally.

Yeah...I think the first time I noticed really sly, open technology in TV or cinema was the first episode of Sherlock, when they just passively displayed text messages in such an organic way, that you never thought twice about it. It wasn't in your face and it was beyond just trying to be hip and current, and was so matter of fact about being fluent in a language we all grew up with. After that it felt like the awkward stage when shows and movies didn't know how to have the internet or cell phones be a part of stories without seeming like a 50 yr old shoved them in was over.

Black Mirror is like the pure essence of that. It doesn't just speak this language. They're pushing way past having our everyday interactions feel normal in storytelling or seeing technology as handy tools and props. They're telling stories about what those interactions can be. It's like an existential social fantasy about technology. And not in a HAL 9000 kinda way. The technology isn't the danger, what we're willing to feed it is. Every time some new breakthrough comes around, we lose a little bit of ourselves to it. Whether it's everyone dumbing down and never having to learn things, because we know how to google them or people losing basic social skills or automating their way out of having a say in things.

It's like...every time technology takes a leap, we sit ready at the altar to sacrifice something of ourselves as a collective or as individuals. And it so casually in the know about the way everyday life and interactions are married to our tech, without it feeling too preachy. This dude made an anthology show of What Ifs about from the different angles we're not too ridiculously removed away from getting to in our lifetimes.

Charlie Brooker described his own show the best:
"If technology is a drug – and it does feel like a drug – then what, precisely, are the side-effects? This area – between delight and discomfort – is where Black Mirror, my new drama series, is set. The 'black mirror' of the title is the one you'll find on every wall, on every desk, in the palm of every hand: the cold, shiny screen of a TV, a monitor, a smartphone."

The show's on another level. Some of the production choces and the scope of the episodes are kinda limited, yeah. And it's British TV so that's a barrier. But the substance is there. One day every interesting idea this show touched on is gonna be borrowed and repackaged with better, bigger actors and production value, and everyone's gonna rave about them like it's brand new. >D

The show so rewards repeat viewing and actually kinda punishes anyone trying to just watch it in the background only looking up from their black mirror.

Last edited:
It was actually on a few years ago, then came back last year...probably get another series next year.

Only 6 episodes, though.

The Brits. :lol:

Last edited:
Finally saw Edge of Tomorrow...whoever was in charge of marketing did a terrible job. The trailer did not make me want to see this movie at all.

Very good surprise. Wish I saw it in theaters.

og f&f is the best. the rest of the series slowly got away from the original intent of car racing.

The Fall Season 1 seems like 3 years ago.
Get this started already
Gillian Anderson can sit on my face.

After I watch Black Mirror I'm gonna start watching The Fall.

Impressed with Gillian lately after reports how she juggled work between that and Hannibal and that crappy Crisis show especially since it feels like she's been ghost since X-Files.

...especially since it feels like she's been ghost since X-Files.

For real. I can only think of one thing off the top of my head -- small part in a movie -- that I've seen her in since the X-Files show ended. I never saw the X-Files movie.

Robert Downey already bought the rights to one of Black Mirrors eps. Expect a garbage remake in theatres and a show on HBO SOON, if anything let AMC have the rights

Robert Downey already bought the rights to one of Black Mirrors eps. Expect a garbage remake in theatres and a show on HBO SOON, if anything let AMC have the rights
I'd rather FX. They seem down for anything. They've even managed to get around commercial breaks; make the ep however long it takes :smokin

I don't like how AMC takes a final season and breaks them up in to two or how they strong arm creators to compromise their work to make more money by extending the series as long as they can for new multi-season contracts when the show is coming to an end.

Out of all the shows I've watched though, I'm def most excited for Utopia season 2, Fall season 2 and even Love/Hate series finales. Love/Hate has been dope so far. It's Irish tele I think.

Back
Top Bottom