Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

He should just stick to music. That suit and tie song was so garbage though, should be erased from history.

And even in that film he was the third wheel behind Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield.

Cate was great in Blue Jasmine, but the entire cast was solid, especially Sally Hawkins (she was great in Made in Dagenham).

As for Woody, he is so hit or miss with his films, but it's hard to tell because he churns out a movie every year.

And even in that film he was the third wheel behind Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield.

Cate was great in Blue Jasmine, but the entire cast was solid, especially Sally Hawkins (she was great in Made in Dagenham).

As for Woody, he is so hit or miss with his films, but it's hard to tell because he churns out a movie every year.
I never realized until I imdb'd him a few months ago and legit its a movie a year since the 1960's. He's the Samuel L Jackson of directors.

Woody just stays busy and is like a baseball player... if he bats .300 he's good :lol:

Any new Woody Allen movie I expect either an interesting premise... a great performance by one or two actors.. or he'll put it all together and have something amazing like Midnight in Paris. If you're not a Woody fan, then you might not even like his classic films, but his work has always resonated with me.

Woody makes great movies. He presents a moral question, he's clearly a pedo, but do we not care?

Last edited:
Man Halt and Catch Fire gonna get canceled because nobody supports/likes it.
Why am I the only one feeling this show.
Dude is like the Don Draper (twice as smooth) of Computer Tech.
Y'all's missing out mates

I feel like we are due for another group viewing of Triangle, no?
Downloaded it again recently to give it another watch, but have been holding off on watching it.

Gotta get in the right headspace to watch that movie.
laugh.gif

Just got back from watching Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, I thought it was pretty good. Definitely better than the first one, I was digging the darker undertones throughout the film. Definitely watch it if you liked the first one.

What blew me away though was this trailer I saw beforehand, oh my god this movie looks like it's going to be incredible:

Last edited:
I had no idea Ed Harris was in Pain & Gain.

It's quite a pleasant surprise. He makes everything better.

Woody just stays busy and is like a baseball player... if he bats .300 he's good :lol:

Any new Woody Allen movie I expect either an interesting premise... a great performance by one or two actors.. or he'll put it all together and have something amazing like Midnight in Paris. If you're not a Woody fan, then you might not even like his classic films, but his work has always resonated with me.
Midnight in Paris is the only one I"ve seen besides Blue Jasmine. First go around thought it was slow at first but I ended up loving that movie.

I sat it is on a rainy day.

I enjoyed Blue Jasmine and **** that *****.
I was mixed on Blue Jamsine although Blanchett's performance was really good. It was my 2nd Woody Allen film so I maybe I need a few more under my belt to appreciate it.
I'd say watch Play It Again, Sam and Annie Hall. Oldies but goodies.
Tonight's a dope night for tele.

Halt and Catch Fire
Leftovers
Ray Donovan
Masters of Sex

Lizzy Caplan needs more roles. I used to get clowned by my ex fiancé and her fiends because I thought Janis (Caplans character) was the hotter girl in Mean Girls.
I caught my *** trying to watch all this in one night.

It went Ray, Halt & Catch Fire, The Leftovers, Masters of Sex, The Strain.

Just got back from watching Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, I thought it was pretty good. Definitely better than the first one, I was digging the darker undertones throughout the film. Definitely watch it if you liked the first one.

What blew me away though was this trailer I saw beforehand, oh my god this movie looks like it's going to be incredible:

Yup :pimp: Can't wait. Looks great.

I saw Rescue Dawn the other day. Loved it. So much despair but they had such good funny moments. I do wish we got to see what happened to the other guys and what exactly was being hinted at when they escaped and that other guy just disappeared. Great unison of hope and hopelessness.

I've never seen Triangle.
Me either or at least I don't think I have.

Me either or at least I don't think I have.

One of the first big breaks of this thread. Kev found it, mentioned it, a couple others checked on it, and suddenly, we were all in tryin to figure out what the **** we just watched. People were rewatching same night to figure out what was goin on.

It's pretty awesome.

I've never seen Triangle.

I saw parts of it when I was bored and was channeling surfing. Was at my friend's apartment and tried watching it again from the beginning. I was falling asleep near the end of the movie. Woke up wondering what the hell I watched and if I should finish it. I didn't.

Back
Top Bottom