Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching Gracepoint. Not bad so far. Weird that Tennant starred in the British version and now this one.

Girl I'm dating ordered us tickets for Gone Girl Saturday night :pimp:. Can't wait.

Django Christmas 2012, WoWS 2013, now American Sniper :smokin .

Last edited:
I'm calling it now, Clint Eastwood and Bradley Cooper (not that he hasn't already impressed) just made that leap!

:wow: Can't wait.

Watching Gracepoint. Not bad so far. Weird that Tennant starred in the British version and now this one.
They do that I notice. More money in American version given more eps. I don't know anything about the British version but I bet it was 5 eps long :lol:

I like Afflecks works.
But they are all the same character.
Like Keanu Reeves.
They only play that same faced role, Reindeer Games and a Boiler Room are two of my favorite movies though so I funks with Ben

Last edited:
not to like be a **** or anything, but this american sniper trailer and the reactions elicited is exactly what i was talking about earlier this week. break it down guys. you just saw a woman and child arm themselves against a sniper. so many levels of wrong and sadness there and i feel like the terror of war, especially war in the middle east, is being lost and swept under the rug by propaganda and the glorification of violence. and don't even get me on how little sense it makes to have the woman walk into plain sight from a building to give the kid the weapon why didn't the kid have the weapon from the jump? clint eastwood, this film is not for me.

not to like be a **** or anything, but this american sniper trailer and the reactions elicited is exactly what i was talking about earlier this week. break it down guys. you just saw a woman and child arm themselves against a sniper. so many levels of wrong and sadness there and i feel like the terror of war, especially war in the middle east, is being lost and swept under the rug by propaganda and the glorification of violence. and don't even get me on how little sense it makes to have the woman walk into plain sight from a building to give the kid the weapon why didn't the kid have the weapon from the jump? clint eastwood, this film is not for me.

I hear you.
This sniper is about to be a Rockstar.
He will be(the real guy) on every magazine cover, talk show and award show Red Carpet come Oscar time.
Are they really celebrating a "hero" or desensitizing America to how invading the Middle East is protecting our Freedom when it is quite possibly the furthest thing from the truth.

Last edited:
I hear you.
This sniper is about to be a Rockstar.
He will be(the real guy) on every magazine cover, talk show and award show Red Carpet come Oscar time.
Are they really celebrating a "hero" or desensitizing America to how invading the Middle East is protecting our Freedom when it is quite possibly the furthest thug from the truth.

He's dead. Killed by another marine with PTSD.

Last edited:
Gone Girl..whew Fincher is still a god.
Gotta read the book first, but eventually will watch for Fincher.

If you would've told me 10 years ago Ben Affleck would not only be relevant in 2014 but starring and/or directing quality films, I would've laughed at you. I give him credit for crafting out a niche.

I mean his career started off good then hit a rough patch, at least he was clapping jennifer lopez's nice cheeks.

Saw Gone Girl last night and tbh... I was a little underwhelmed. Just a little. It was a great movie, no doubt, there were parts that gave me chills, but coming from Fincher I expected a little more. Too me it just wasn't on the same level as Se7en, Zodiac, TSN, and Fight Club.

Still good nonetheless.

EDIT: BA's performance was :pimp:
Without spoiling the movie there was a scene where his character had to act. BEN killed that scene!
Everybody on Reddit is circle jerking Rosamund Pike's performance and I honestly could care less about it.
Fincher's directing :pimp:
The editing! :pimp:
The score! :x

and....

Tyler Perry's performance was

I was actually surprised at how well he did.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom