Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I've never found Melissa McCarthy remotely funny. Bullock's awkward tomboy schtick is kind of played out too.

Last edited:
I liked the Heat. I think Melissa McCarthy is funny generally and thought she was great in that. Her and Bullock had excellent chemistry. And McCarthy's on-screen family was also pretty funny in the movie too (unless very stereotypical depictions of people from Boston offend you).

Gravity is a serious piece of ****. Bullock was brutal to watch and the plot itself was boring as can be.
All style no substance. Be ready for ppl to tell you that you wouldn't get it unless you watched it in IMAX 3D.

One of those movies banking off the visual effects and not much else.

Been told this before. Some scenes were gorgeous but that movie was a ***** to get through and it's not even 90 minutes.

I've never found Melissa McCarthy remotely funny.

She's not funny. All of her roles are I'm fat, dirty, loud and annoying. Same BS over and over and over.

I can only take McCarthy in limited doses. Had to turn off Identity Theft

Right, but that movie just looked from the previous I saw that it wasn't very good all around. Same with her movie that failed this summer (Tammy). Plus, back to Identity Thief, I think Jason Bateman is based in limited quantities as well.

Last edited:
Gravity is one of those rare movies that I suggest watching on the largest format possible (IMAX). And if you can't do that, then don't even bother.

I do give Alfonso Cuarón credit though, he knew what he was putting out there and cut the film at a very reasonable 1.5 hours.

I can only take McCarthy in limited doses. Had to turn off Identity Theft

Right, but that movie just looked from the previous I saw that it wasn't very good all around. Same with her movie that failed this summer (Tammy). Plus, back to Identity Thief, I think Jason Bateman is based in limited quantities as well.

Bateman never got old in Arrested Development. MCarthy has literally never made me laugh in anything I've seen her in.

Definitely shocked at the abundance of negative Gravity feedback.
It was a pretty intense story to me. I don't think Bullocks character was as bumbling as you guys do, to me it was believable.
I guess you're trained to handle loss and pressure and loneliness when you are in the NASA program but it seemed quite natural and authentic that she seemed to lose her noodles on her First trip into space, once her Fellow Astronaut( who was a retiring Veteran) floated away to his death leaving her stranded on a shuttle that just got busted to hell by a Asteroid storm.
Movie was dope from A-B for me

I liked Gravity as well. Didn't even see it in IMAX 3D, just on DVD. I don't like Bullock all that much but it was a good and different role for her. She's one of the best skinny actresses I can think of that they could have casted. Her voice makes her nervousness/panic in the movie shine through too.

Saw Under The Skin yesterday and that was the worst movie I have seen in years. Maybe I don't appreciate the cinematography and the vision the director has. It was just bizarre and boring.

Finally saw NFS, I enjoyed it very much that I watched it twice. It was good to see another movie about racing that was not F&F(even though they have gone away from the racing aspect). Would like to see a sequel(if it's not already planned).

Blended was a funny movie. One of the better Sandler movie in years. Terry Crews was hilarious. Didn't know he was in it.

Anybody catch Gracepoint on Fox? It's a limited 10-ep series. Pretty good except for the corny slow-mo mysterious shots of everything.

I do give Alfonso Cuarón credit though, he knew what he was putting out there and cut the film at a very reasonable 1.5 hours.
Definitely one of the things I was positively shocked about when I saw the run time.

Off commercials alone I might've bet it was gonna be 2 hrs + in space.
Anybody catch Gracepoint on Fox? It's a limited 10-ep series. Pretty good except for the corny slow-mo mysterious shots of everything.
It was cool.

Anna Gunn didn't completely pull me in nor did the Dr. Who actor but the story seems like it can have a shot of being what The Killing was suppose to be with it's who killed Rosie Larsen plot. No dragging it out with endless red herrings for over 2 years with consistently degrading bad writing. 10 eps seems concise enough to tell a great story if done right. The first ep was okay since it went for the set up. It has potential. I noted stuff like how the actors playing the parents reacted, the boy's best friend's secret, Nick Nolte :smokin , and the heel small town reporter pulling a shady move that brings in the city reporter that has some history with the Dr. Who detective.

Last edited:
I watched Broadchurch just the other day and heard Gracepoint is frame for frame the same show (same actor playing lead detective on both shows) - ending was kinda meh.. but it was an ok detective show.

Man hold up. Homeland is going to be full on this Season.
After part one tonight I think my hopes of Quinn smashing Carrie this season isn't looking good. Man I need to see them ******* this season though. Loved me some Claire Daines ever since the wet tshirt pool/balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet in like 95'

Sidenote: Boradchurch (should be starting agains soon) was dope...

Last edited:
Any else kinda feeling Lisa Kudrow? I don't watch web therapy but she's looking good in the trailers for it. Courtney Cox still looking pretty good. I like her better than the super boring anniston.

Yeah, apparently Gracepoint is a carbon copy of Broadchurch... except they said it starts to change around the seventh episode and the ending is different

I saw that. I'm very interested to see which, if any, original cast members return. Its supposed to be a continuation of the original story, so it would seem at least some of the old cast will make it back. I remember the show getting a little to weird for me back in the day, but I myself am weirder now, so I might like it more.

Last edited:
Any else kinda feeling Lisa Kudrow? I don't watch web therapy but she's looking good in the trailers for it. Courtney Cox still looking pretty good. I like her better than the super boring anniston.
Web Therapy is funny.

Cool little show.

All 3 of the Friends chicks can still get it and I don't dislike them on tv/film.

Last edited:
Al 3 of the Friends chicks can still get it and I don't dislike them on tv/film.

Agree with this. And Web Therapy is hit and miss for me. I've seen some eps that I really liked and others that were meh.

Last edited:
RIP Geoffrey Holder... As a kid, I first saw him in 7-Up commercials. I later saw him in Live & Let Die & way later in Boomerang as Strangé's biggest fan lol. I always considered him the Trini James Earl Jones... Not only was he a 2 time Tony award winner, but he was a gifted painter/artist too.

Last edited:
If I got my DVR set up right, I think I'm going to be able to record every episode of The Walking Dead up to Sunday. I won't be able to plow thru all that in a week, but at least I can come up at my pace, and have season 5 recording in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom