Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Since we were talking about Nic Cage's face yesterday, I came across this picture today. I find it hilarious, not punch worthy.

Jesus Christ. I'm not sure what's worse, the absolutely plastered look on his face, or just her face. 0]

Is he filming Leaving Las Vegas 2 or something?

Last edited:
Cage is a Coppola. Mind blowing how talent skipped over him completely. Then again, Sofia isn't anything to rave about.

he's excellet in leaving las vegas, Raising Arizona, and adaptation. and surprisingly good in kick ***.

Solid in the rock, con air, and face off.

Nobody knows if he is a good or bad actor. It's a mystery.

Last edited:
I've only watched the original and it's creepy. one of my favorite endings in any movie. The music will be off puting to almost anyone who watches it but it helps create the strange atmosphere

John Wick is still better than a lot of things I've seen this year. Script has its flaws at times, but aside from that...

She directed Translation? Interesting.

Cage is an enigma. He could deliver this great performance like Dub listed, and he could provide some real duds. I guess he just doesn't care enough about the art and wings it for a check/notoriety.

Master Zik Master Zik Have you been watching The Missing?
Read up on it some time last week. Checked to see what was available on Starz or Encore (I forget which channel it's on) it was already underway so I figured after I bang out this 2nd season of Peaky Blinders (among a few other things) I'd check it out.
Nic Cage is to acting what Fast & Furious is to cinema
Stop it.

Don't insult CageGOD.
Cage is a Coppola. Mind blowing how talent skipped over him completely. Then again, Sofia isn't anything to rave about.
Stop the insanity Frank. Going too far.

If anything he wasn't skipped, he was given too much genius level talent for most modern humans to comprehend.

As for his career and overall role choices. Sometimes I think he's on his Samuel L. grind just being in a lot of movies to get a check but every now and then he comes through with a few movies that range from solid to really good like the best part of the movie good performances.

Last edited:
I think he'd make a dope Frank Castle, but I cant see them funding another Punisher :smh:

Good call on the Punisher.

But I've come in here with just a few words to say.

I don't really have the time to really go in depth these days, but I still keep up with cinema. It's my first love, it'll be my last love.

That said, I have seen Interstellar twice in the past few weeks. The first time was at the Metreon in SF where I didn't have good seats, but was still blown away. I saw it again just now, and I have to ask.

Has this quickly become anyones favorite movie? Like of all-time?

When I first saw Her last year, I felt that way. It just connected with me so much that I felt so passionate about the film. Both films have a deep connection with humanity, and those are the kind of films that touch base with me most. Pushing the limits of morality and humanity.

Interstellar was everything I wanted from Gravity, amplified by 1,000.

It's absolutely my favorite Nolan film hands freaking down. To me, he's made his masterpiece. I know that's not true for everyone, but I can not see him making another film of this magnitude. I know people love Memento, Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight, and hell even Inception. But he has achieved it in my eyes.

If it were not already in question, he's quickly becoming an elite level director. The films that he makes are on another level. There are great directors, and then there are those who transcend above all others. The Kubricks. The Ford Coppolas. The Scorseses. For me, Nolan has approached this, he is on the precipice.

What he's done with Interstellar is nothing short of what Kubrick did for cinema with 2001: A Space Odyssey. Again and of course, this is just my opinion, and I can see how many see the film as pretentious, but not me man. I buy it, and I buy what they're selling with a fist full of change ready to fork it over. I can't say I remember the last time I felt like this during a movie. Again, I loved Her, I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was a fun ride, I thought Pacific Rim and Godzilla were great tokens back to my childhood, and I thought 12 Years a Slave was a brilliant piece as well, but what this film did man...

I can dig Space McConaughey for the rest of my life. Serve me another, sir.

Bond 24 title/cast announcement tomorrow. :smokin

Bond 24 Is ‘Spectre'; Christoph Waltz, Andrew Scott, Monica Bellucci Join Cast
by Nancy Tartaglione
December 4, 2014 3:06am

And, now we know. Director Sam Mendes has revealed the title for Bond 24 which will be Spectre. Mendes made the announcement this morning from the 007 stage at Pinewood Studios where the film will shoot along with London, Rome, Mexico City, Tangier, Erfoud and the Austrian Alps.

The newest cast members are confirmed as Christoph Waltz, Andrew Scott, Dave Bautista, Monica Bellucci and Léa Seydoux. Daniel Craig will of course return as Bond along with Rory Kinnear as Tanner, Ben Whishaw as Q, Naomie Harris as Miss Moneypenny and Ralph Fiennes as the new M.

Oscar winner Waltz will play Oberhauser, while Blue Is The Warmest Color‘s Seydoux is Madeleine Swann and Bellucci is Lucia Sciarra. (Bellucci is a nice get for the Bond folks who I hear have been eyeing her for a role for a long time.) Guardians Of The Galaxy‘s Bautista is playing Mr Hinx and Sherlock‘s Scott is Denbigh.

Interstellar cinematograther Hoyte Van Hoytema will shoot the film with Mendes. And that same film’s Lee Smith is joining as editor. Also rolling in is the Aston Martin DB10 which was designed specially for Spectre.

The logline for the new film is: “A cryptic message from Bond’s past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organization. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.” (Check out the animated title sequence below.)

Bond aficionados may recognize the title from the 007 canon. It’s an acronym for “Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion.” A global crime organization, it’s previously been led by evil genius Ernst Stavro Blofeld in the Ian Fleming novels, who also appears in the films From Russia With Love, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, Diamonds Are Forever and For Your Eyes Only.

There had been speculation that Waltz would play him in this 24th Bond movie, but his character name would seem to dispel that — unless it’s a ruse. Bond lore has it that Hannes Oberhauser was an Austrian climbing and skiing instructor who taught a young James while he was on breaks from Fettes College. They formed a strong father-son relationship, but Oberhauser mysteriously disappeared.

The Daily Mail has reported that Waltz will be introduced as Franz Oberhauser, Hannes’ son, but later be revealed as Blofeld. (A long-running legal battle was settled last year between the producers and the estate of Kevin McClory which involved rights to the character and other elements of the 007 franchise.) Ers

Spectre hails from EON Productions, MGM, and Sony Pictures Entertainment with Mendes directing his second Bond film after global blockbuster Skyfall. Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson are producers. John Logan, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade are writers. Spectre releases on November 6, 2015.

http://deadline.com/2014/12/bond-24-title-1201308576/

Last edited:
I am too, but glad he's accepted it.

It reminds me of Sean Connery.

He was offered a role in The Matrix, but he didn't understand the screenplay, so passed.

He was offered a role in Lord of the Rings, but he didn't understand the screenplay, so passed.

He was offered a role in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, he didn't understand the screenplay, but no way he was passing again.

Well........
laugh.gif
So he understood Zardoz???

Back
Top Bottom