Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

That Cage flick looks like a made for TNT movie. The music even sounded very TNTish... :rolleyes

Last edited:

@a-friend  you been rating and suggesting a lot of tv shows lately. Give me your top 5 shows to watch, I am looking for something new to watch. Was thinking about starting Arrow 
Black Mirrors or Utopia -Cosnpiracy/Thought Provoking  (Utopia/UK w/ Fiona O'Shaughnessey)

The Fall or Fargo - Investigative/Thriller

Peaky Blinders or Love Hate - Illegal Operation

House of Cards or Newsroom - Political/Controversial

Vikings or Rome -Period Piece/ History

I tried to give one in each category.

I couldn't just name 5 so I gave you ten instead, in no particular order, and either of the shows listed in each category should be equal in quality and content.

If I was going to pick one to watch first, I'd recommend House of Cards or Black Mirror, right now.

Ask me tomorrow I might say Vikings or The Fall

@a-friend  you been rating and suggesting a lot of tv shows lately. Give me your top 5 shows to watch, I am looking for something new to watch. Was thinking about starting Arrow 
Black Mirrors or Utopia -Cosnpiracy/Thought Provoking  (Utopia/UK w/ Fiona O'Shaughnessey)

The Fall or Fargo - Investigative/Thriller

Peaky Blinders or Love Hate - Illegal Operation

House of Cards or Newsroom - Political/Controversial

Vikings or Rome -Period Piece/ History

I tried to give one in each category.

I couldn't just name 5 so I gave you ten instead, in no particular order, and either of the shows listed in each category should be equal in quality and content.

If I was going to pick one to watch first, I'd recommend House of Cards or Black Mirror, right now.

Ask me tomorrow I might say Vikings or The Fall
Damn I knew I wanted to watch House of Cards or Newsroom but forgot. Vikings was also up as my next tv series to watch. I started Arrow so i am going to speed through but it is ok so far
eyes.gif

Watched a few movies for the first time this week.

Mud. Bronson. And Zodiac (Kinda, I had seen bits and pieces before).

Not sure which was my favorite of the three, as they were all completely different.

Mud was a strange mix of a coming-of-age flick as well as a drama. Bit predictable, but a lot of very good performances.

Bronson was awesome, and reminded me so much of A Clockwork Orange. It was brilliant and so was Tom Hardy.

Zodiac was classic Fincher. It was kind of fun to see since I grew up all along California, having spent a bit of time as far down south as Salinas/Monterey, and all the way upto the north bay of SF. Jake was great, as were RDJ and Mark Ruffalo. I didn't put it together that both men are in the Marvel films until typing this out, :lol: John Carroll Lynch is also chilling. The hysteria felt genuine and it almost borderline went to Gone Girl parodical levels, which I'm glad it did not.

I also watched Bloodsport beginning to end for the first time. God that movie is awful outside of the fight scenes.

Last edited:
Just spent the last hour or so catching up on the last months worth of posts in here.

Man, I need to stop taking movie thread hiatus' these pages move so fast it becomes exhausting trying to catch up :lol:

--------------

- Snowpiercer was such a great film man. Chris Evans was great. Just when I thought the movie was about to end there was always a small twist and transition. Happened like 4 times, and each time it was done well. Dialogue was important to pay attention to but man DAT CINEMATOGRAPHY. Amazing visuals. Great deep thought story.

-Will Smith is finally turning his career back towards the right direction. Man it's been a tough 6-8 years for my dude. He turned down one too many great roles, and made one too many goofy *** movies. It's a shame with the momentum he got from I Am Legend that he didn't captalize with Dicaprio type role selections. But I see a nice comeback from him coming soon. 'focus' looks like it might be solid. It's about time he goes back to playing his charesmatic self. Enough goofy roles. Play a con artist and do it well, it will be entertaining. Then after that he's currently filming that NFL concussion drama, so MAYBE that could be an Oscar worthy performance since it's obviously based on a true story and being taken very serious. Again, about time... Thank you for finally choosing something that can help you, not some garbage sci fi junk.

Then after that a block buster like suicide squad that guarantees him millions of looks. A good opportunity to keep the momentum rolling. Overall, he has a lot of making up to do for lost roles/lost time and I'm glad he's finally beginning to realize it. Put the damn ego away and start getting to work on some solid flicks.

And lastly for now...

- first page I saw when I was catching up I saw someone tell ska the "Hunger games books are better than the movies." Sheesh. Even after all this time, that's still happening Huh? :smh: :lol: darthska darthska

Some things will never change in here ie Ska needing convincing and me watching movies 5-10 years after their release.

"This Is Where I Leave You" was pretty good. I liked the cast, thought it was funny and I liked the individual stories.

The book is ok. Nothing fancy about it whatsoever. Like a more comedy based lighter less literary version of Franzen's work.

Jake Gyllenhaal is fantastic as Lou Bloom in Nightcrawler. What a a gripping thrill ride. His character feels like a off-shoot cousin of Ryan Gosling's sociopath The Driver in Nicolas Winding Refn's Drive.

he definitely did a good job because I just watched it and i'm sitting here wanting to strangle that little weasel Bloom

Last edited:
Watch Black Mirror. Netflix recently began streaming it.

Every episode will leave you awestruck.

Jake Gyllenhaal is fantastic as Lou Bloom in Nightcrawler. What a a gripping thrill ride. His character feels like a off-shoot cousin of Ryan Gosling's sociopath The Driver in Nicolas Winding Refn's Drive.

I agree, his performance made the film. He shined.

I only watched the first 5-10 minutes of the first episode so far. So every episode is a new story right?

I only watched the first 5-10 minutes of the first episode so far. So every episode is a new story right?
Yup.

If you ever watched Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Night Gallery, The Outer Limits it's a lot like that but just modernized and not always so hard on the sci fi. It's a real grounded approach to some very out there concepts and if not that there's a real surreal twist on things.

The one with Hayley Atwell would be a good example of that and the one where the chick wakes up with amnesia is one of the latter.

^
Can't wait to get to the Hayley episode. I thought the show was going to be on some fringe, x-files steez until I saw the descriptions on netflix and there were only a few eps.

I've skipped the last 2 new eps of SNL.

Might have to watch tonight with James Franco and a Minaj performance.

Horrible Bosses 2 is the only good sequel comedy film of 2014. It wasn't great but it was good. I laughed more at that movie than D&D2, 22 and Anchor2 combined.

As Above, So Below

Worst. Ending. EVER.

Movie itself was... tolerable.

But that ending :x Just... lazy.

As Above, So Below

Worst. Ending. EVER.

Movie itself was... tolerable.

But that ending :x Just... lazy.

Never expected you to watch something like that, :lol:

I thought it was decent, I thought the idea/premise was pretty neat actually, just lacked a bit of execution. Kind of like The Purge, but not as intolerable.

What was everyone's thoughts on THG: Mockingjay? I'll get into a bit more later, but it's actually been my favorite thus far.

Back
Top Bottom