Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching the Interview lets see how this goes
........this movie sucks I would be upset if I was Kim. Im just going to go to work early today
mean.gif
  Another Seth Rogen flim, dont know why I keep watching his awful movies

Last edited:
Been watching Mad Men. I'm in the middle of season 5.

Really awesome show. Besides loving Don, Sterling is that dude; also Pete is cool as well.

venom (and others as well), what are your top choices for the Oscars? Clear cut favorites or who you think will/should win?

I slacked towards the end of the year with seeing movies and I know we all posted them, but what would everyone say are your must see movies?

I need to see Foxcatcher, Birdman, Boyhood, The Grand Budapest, Whiplash, and a few others I keep forgetting. I saw all the blockbusters but missed out on some of the smaller releases. My work schedule was insane and I was traveling for my job for about a month so I missed a ton.

venom (and others as well), what are your top choices for the Oscars? Clear cut favorites or who you think will/should win?

I slacked towards the end of the year with seeing movies and I know we all posted them, but what would everyone say are your must see movies?

I need to see Foxcatcher, Birdman, Boyhood, The Grand Budapest, Whiplash, and a few others I keep forgetting. I saw all the blockbusters but missed out on some of the smaller releases. My work schedule was insane and I was traveling for my job for about a month so I missed a ton.

Best Actor - Steve Carell

Best Supporting Actor - JK Simmons

Best Actress - Julianne Moore

Best Supporting Actress - Patricia Arquette

Best Picture - Will probably go to Selma, Whiplash would be my pick since it's my favorite of the year

So what are the opinions on exodus? I'm thinking of catching it tonight.

And I'm not so concerned with the religious/historical context as much as I just want to see a good movie.

Foxcatcher had great, great performances. But the film seemed a bit too long and certain scenes were drawn out.

The use of animals is great in shaping their characters.

Just got back from the theater. Saw:

Christoph Waltz's personality was on a collision course for a role such as this. He pulled it off with ease, and Amy Adams was good playing off him. I don't think she was tremendous in this film however. Not bad, but the character (Margaret Keane, a real person whose real story is being told) didn't have the radiating personality that would allow for her to make it her movie, but she still was solid.

Terrific, genuine tale that you should check out if you can.

Last edited:
I watched Foxcatcher last night.
First thought on Tatum were: What an epic role for him to kill. I didn't think he killed it like he could have, but he did do it justice. I saw him dip in and out of character far too often. The first 10-20 minutes he was out of body, a totally different person and I was impressed. Really impressed. As the film wore on though, I felt more of the Magic Mike Tatum and not Mark Schultz. He had some amazing scenes though.

:as mentioned in Venoms review: The one scene in the hotel after he lost, smashed things, and binged, was very well done. 

Steve C. was perfection

Ruffalo was perfection

The movie was pretty damn good.

It felt like a Hitchcock thriller in so many ways. It's a film I will see many times over. 

Last edited:
I watched Foxcatcher last night.
First thought on Tatum were: What an epic role for him to kill. I didn't think he killed it like he could have, but he did do it justice. I saw him dip in and out of character far too often. The first 10-20 minutes he was out of body, a totally different person and I was impressed. Really impressed. As the film wore on though, I felt more of the Magic Mike Tatum and not Mark Schultz. He had some amazing scenes though.

:as mentioned in Venoms review: The one scene in the hotel after he lost, smashed things, and binged, was very well done. 
Steve C. was perfection
Ruffalo was perfection
The movie was pretty damn good.
It felt like a Hitchcock thriller in so many ways. It's a film I will see many times over. 

I watched it this morning. Agreed on the Tatum statements. He was brilliant at times. At times I could tell it was just different.
That whole scene was great though, he killed the role.

I went and did some research after the movie, the castings were perfect. I couldn't picture anyone else in the 3 roles.

trying to figure out what i would compare battle of five armies too

its kind of like an expendables movie set in middle earth with way better acting

Love Johnny Depp and I love weird, zany character pieces like he does but Mortdecai looks like a bootleg Mr. Bean. Give me a weird, complex character not some 70s comedy knockoff.

When I seen the commercial for Mortedcai I was like where did Depp find the time to even do this poor comedy after being shamed by Transcendence.

When I seen the commercial for Mortedcai I was like where did Depp find the time to even do this poor comedy after being shamed by Transcendence.
I can't even consider Transcendence a "Depp Film." I truly believe that Depp was on set for a day or two then Skype'd the rest of his scenes.

With that said, I'm not a big fan of Johnny Depp. The last film I liked him in was Public Enemies. Well, that and Rango.

Type of movie I'd expect from Steve Martin.
Exactly.

Depp can't think he could fill that role.

If he wants to find some sort of comedy movie franchise he should look elsewhere. His sort of acting for that movie should be saved for things like that recent Vamp movie he did.
I can't even consider Transcendence a "Depp Film." I truly believe that Depp was on set for a day or two then Skype'd the rest of his scenes.

With that said, I'm not a big fan of Johnny Depp. The last film I liked him in was Public Enemies. Well, that and Rango.
:lol:

I'm a Depp fan but I can definitely point out his duds.

I never do  Major Network shows. (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX)

I think Hannibal has been it for me.

I think this new show Empire might be a watcher though.

Will wait and see how they edit the background music before I say I'm in.

Last edited:
I never do  Major Network shows. (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX)
I think Hannibal has been it for me.

I think this new show Empire might be a watcher though.
Will wait and see how they edit the background music before I say I'm in.
ABC - I got nothing unless you're really in to the Marvel movies, then watch AOS. Even their comedies aren't the best to me but good to have on in the background.

FOX - I got nothing other than a comedy. New Girl, ******* hilarious. I'm keeping my eye out for Backstrom. I tend to not like much with Terrance Howard unless it's in spite of his presence, I'll check Empire but my girl Taraji is gonna have to shine.

CBS - Person of Interest (great show about an artificial intelligence knowing when ppl will be in danger before they happen and how certain skilled ppl save them in NYC), Elementary (Johnny Lee Miller is Sherlock Holmes I shouldn't need to say more than that but also Lucy Liu is Watson, show at it's best isn't far beyond the British series, Sherlock)

NBC - The Blacklist (real good international crime fun), Hannibal (by far the best show on the network and at a time the best show on tv)

Looking back on the shows I'm bringing up that I'm really high on. I'm really in to the thinking man's super genius protagonist, intricate crimes with a good dose of action and suspense.

Last edited:

All the actor races are pretty wide open right now I feel like. The only favorite right is probably Julianne Moore for Best Actress.

Keaton and Redmayne are probably gonna battle it out for Best Actor, but I wouldn't be surprised if Oyelowo starts making some noise. I think Carell should just be happy with a nomination (and even thats not for certain yet), his performance was very subtle and not the traditional baity type that wins the big awards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom