Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

i qualify this by saying there's a tone of stuff I haven't seen, but my favorite movies of 2014 are Chef, Grand Budapest Hotel and GoTG.

Under the Skin is such a weird film. But interesting. I kinda want to read the book.
Scarlett Johansson got a nice body btw

That was the Natural Voloptuos Scarlett too.
Not that twig stick I'm trying to catch up with Jessica Alba's kind of slimmy Scarlett.

I watched Foxcatcher last night.

First thought on Tatum were: What an epic role for him to kill. I didn't think he killed it like he could have, but he did do it justice. I saw him dip in and out of character far too often. The first 10-20 minutes he was out of body, a totally different person and I was impressed. Really impressed. As the film wore on though, I felt more of the Magic Mike Tatum and not Mark Schultz. He had some amazing scenes though.

:as mentioned in Venoms review: The one scene in the hotel after he lost, smashed things, and binged, was very well done. 
Steve C. was perfection
Ruffalo was perfection
The movie was pretty damn good.
It felt like a Hitchcock thriller in so many ways. It's a film I will see many times over. 

i really liked how Steven C embraced the birds. I didn't notice until he mentioned bird watching, but every time he was on camera, he positioned his head in a way he was "looking down the barrel of his nose" in my opinion. Much like birds with a beak.

Tatum filled in the role of the ape that was just a brute, while Ruffalo was the "thinking" ape figure of the film.

Like i said in my previous post, the director really worked that symbolism for me.

Last edited:
Have any of you seen Short Term 12? I think i've pitched that film in here before. But I watched again yesterday. My god, it's so so good.

It really was. I kind of thought "ehh maybe it won't be as good as everyone says".. but no, it was just as good.

Hmmm should I watch Under the skin since dude said it was interesting or Gone Girl wince we are on that topic?

i tend to stay away from movies that i think will be bad but the only two terrible 2014 movies that come to mind are spiderman and lucy

Have any of you seen Short Term 12? I think i've pitched that film in here before. But I watched again yesterday. My god, it's so so good.

It really was. I kind of thought "ehh maybe it won't be as good as everyone says".. but no, it was just as good.
All of this.

When Marcus did his rap....

That story about Marcus at the end.....

Movies I've seen in the last week:

Dawn of the planet of the Apes: PHENOMENAL. Cesar is that dude. Can't wait for the next one.

Gone Girl: I loved it. on the edge the whole movie, but I hated that ***** 
laugh.gif

Nightcrawler: Louis Bloom was a sociopath, but the acting job was amazing. Great movie.

Fury: Again, acting was amazing. You could really see the chemistry they all had. The ending was kinda a cop out though.

No Good Deed: Meh, watched cause of Idris. Was a waste of time. Saw that twist coming. 

Fed Up: Great documentary about the food industry. Trying cut down on sugar now 
laugh.gif

The Interview: Was pretty funny. Tiger scene had me 
roll.gif

This is where I leave you: I Liked it alot. Batemen always brings it.

Horrible Bosses 2: Great! Better then the first one imo. These guys need to make another comedy idc the subject. The chemistry is great.

Theory of everything: Meh. Boring as hell, but the acting was great. Felicity and Redmayne really brought it. He'll probably get the Oscar Nod.

Secret Life of Walter Mitty: Meh, wasn't funny, wasn't bad. Just didn't understand why. I like Ben stiller so I sat through it.

The Judge: I liked it alot. Downey Jr is really a great actor. But the movie was okay. I hated his Paps. Dude was *****

Inception: Never seen it before. Still iffy on the ending, but great movie. I think he was in reality.

Left Behind: Turned it off after the first 15. Was HORRRRIBLE. 

Godzilla: Movie was great. I thought they shoulda used Cranston more. But he was great. Aaron taylor Johnson was surprisingly good too. 

Foxcatcher: PHENOMENAL. That's all. Casting was on point. Carrel was spooky. Great flick. 

Lets be Cops: Wasn't funny at all. Didn't like the black dudes character at all.

If you're wondering how I've seen so many movies in one week, I had back surgery a week and half ago. Been laid up in bed mostly 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Watched State of Grace today. Good movie. Really loved how it captured NYC. Felt good, looked even better.

Most impressive thing about it was Gary Oldman. Seeing a young him in that role was a curve a bit. He's a really great actor. It also reminded me that Sean Penn is older than I think. Ed Harris as per usual was intense as ****.

I also realized I really prefer my Robin Wright milf age.

Unsatisfying ending though.

The Judge was one of my favorite movies of the year. I hated his pops too, but not in a dislike way, more because he made me feel like I should be better, like I was getting a scolding too as the movie went on, like the small things aren't small and you have to do even those right. That even the small things should be approached as if they were just as important morally as any big thing. That movie brought every feeling or kind of emotion I have, out of me, before it ended. I think I cried.

Sidenote: Just started Mozart in the Jungle. I'm in after the first ep. Again, in what's become the standard for Amazon Originals, it's on 27 minutes per EP, and it's a comedy, too. Surely they can hit a drama soon. Jesus CHRIST. Anyway, on to episode 2

Last edited:
Those who have kids that are in Band, and are self conscious because kids laugh at them for it, Mozart in the Jungle is a ripe way to show them that it's a pretty dope art.
It's an R rated series so that can be a downfall, but I guess that also depends on how you raise them.

Last edited:
I hated being in the band in grade school and middle school. By high school, half the people quit. The band teachers were begging people to continue.

I did love Chef. Where is The Hunger Games on that list though 
nerd.gif
give me 4 reasons why I should watch and like Mockingjay

give me 4 reasons why I should watch and like Mockingjay
nerd.gif
Fair question. I keep seeing Anti tout the Hunger Games as the best movie of the year, but have yet to see him articulate exactly why that is.
I just love that series. I'm biased so dont listen to me at all.

Going to run thru some movies before the New Year

Gone Girl....Watching right now

Nightcrawler

Work out break

Foxcatcher 

Fed Up

Venom I started Foxcatcher last night.

Made it halfway before NyQuil knocked me out, was really sick :lol:

But I was enjoying it thus far. Cannot wait to get home from work today and finish it. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom