Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching The Grand Budapest Hotel had me about to post the movie reminded me of Moonrise Kingdom 
smokin.gif
 and Fantastic Mr Fox. Until I look the director up and Wes Anderson did them all.

2015 gonna fix a lot of what ails Hollywood/Box Office. Zero doubt.
starwars comes out in december though

a lot of the money will be made in 2016

Star Wars will pass 200 million just in December.

The year will still have A2, Jurrasic, Antman, Furious 7, FF (will need some luck there) Bond 24, 50 Shades, Mockingjay and whatever "surprise" hit drops.

GotG did 340+ this year, right? A2 will murder that.
Cap 2 was just over 200+, SW will get that in 2 weeks.

Hell, that's just Star Wars in December, Dec also has MI5 and Hateful 8. They will both add another 100-150 million total in that final week of the year. (50-75 each)

I saw "My Left Foot" last night. Really cool movie.

DDL killed it of course. Was the lil boy an actor as well? If so, he killed it as well.

Re-watching "My Own Private Idaho." Ethan Hawke mentioned it on the Actors Roundtable and it gave me the itch to watch it. River Phoenix as Mike is one of the best performances of all time.

Last edited:
Just finish watching The Enemy with Jake Gyllenhaal, the movie was good all the way up the end. I like the concept that kept me guessing but going to do some research to see what was the point of the ending. 

Nevermind... the version i "went to see" was dubbed in Russian. :stoneface:

Any "theater" i find to watch it at only plays it in Russian. So frustrating.

Im usually really good at finding high quality English "theaters" to see my films, but this ones been difficult to find a proper showing for. :nerd:

I guess i'll have to wait a little longer...

Last edited:
Unthinkable was a great movie. Samuel L. and Sheen were just excelling in this. Love me a movie with all of those moral implications and philosophical questions about humanity and it's ability to harm. The use of torture in this was great given the weight of the situation. A close to no win scenario. Don't think it could've been improved upon. I like how it definitely goes to the ideal of sacrificing w/e you principles you may have for the benefit of others. That little twist in the end too :wow: 7.7/8 Don't even want to say much more about it, I was greatly pleased by this. I recommend it to everybody

Lilies of the Field was a good movie. Not sure why that's the role Portier got an Oscar for though. Guess it's a 1960s thing where firsts play a role. Will admit religion can pull you in with that gospel. It was like any other good wholesome movie.

The Flying Scotsman was really interesting. Johnny Lee Miller was really good. Thought he was just playing a regular guy until the depression angle came in. Of all the bike/cyclists movie I've seen (probably less than 5 :lol: ) I can say for sure this is the best one and a more serious note as far as a film about an athlete, overcoming huge obstacles to victory it was well done. Could've been a bit longer to really hit all the right beats though 5.5/8

Organization :pimp: Mr. Tibbs :smokin This movie reminds of how you have some series mostly the British ones that are the length of movies but are all apart of a season. Actually it reminds me more of Columbo in it's style and execution. Real hard nosed detective flick dealing with a conspiracy, corruption, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed and plan on working backwards to catch the other flicks.

The Bounty :pimp: Anthony Hopkins is the man. Type of movie make you remember why he's such an excellent actor. I'm also calling this a simple cameo by DDL :lol: When I saw him I was like :wow: and then his character was gearing up to be such a heel only for Riggs to come in and be the traitor. :lol: @ a young Liam Neeson too. The movie was great. Just the look of it reminded me of when I watched Apocalypse Now. Great cinematography. All of it just felt very present. Gotta say story wise I was siding with Bligh until he was trying to return home through the Horn again :smh: Son gone mad with ambition. His crew definitely went native though. Since it's based on a true story I can't be mad at the ending giving the documentation of the century it happened in but I was hoping Fletcher Christian got caught and hung for that super simp ***** move he pulled. 7/8

Agent Carter: I would like a female lead where the ad doesn't seem to be overly promoting the lack of expectations in women during that time. Instead of highlighting that, do it through the "show" way of storytelling, where she's just special because she's a special person, not special in a time where women weren't thought to be.

Marvel straight owns the U.S. economy.

Watched analyze this, enjoyed it.. Couple cringe worthy over top gangster isms.. But very enjoyable

Just finished watching hot fuzz.. And I've seen scott pilgrim vs the world.. While I enjoyed both movies and would have been interested to see Edgar wright's take on the Antman film.. I don't think he would have properly fit within the marvel cinematic universe

Marvel straight owns the U.S. economy.

I think what you mean is that Disney owns the world. Marvel is just another Disney property, along with Star Wars, Pixar, Indiana Jones, etc., etc. It really is incredible how much one company dominates the entertainment universe, especially when it comes to kids.

Unthinkable was a great movie. Samuel L. and Sheen were just excelling in this. Love me a movie with all of those moral implications and philosophical questions about humanity and it's ability to harm. The use of torture in this was great given the weight of the situation. A close to no win scenario. Don't think it could've been improved upon. I like how it definitely goes to the ideal of sacrificing w/e you principles you may have for the benefit of others. That little twist in the end too :wow: 7.7/8 Don't even want to say much more about it, I was greatly pleased by this. I recommend it to everybody

maaaan

I remember seeing this film the day it hit dvd. It was banned in the US for the longest time so getting a hold of it was so hard. I knew and read all about it and that was the first real time I began to notice how amazing of an actor Michael Sheen was. I LOVE that movie

Back
Top Bottom