Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I just read through the last four pages, and I multi-quoted the hell out of pretty much all of you so bare with me for a minute:

Rosamund Pike. Crazy dangerous yambs appreciated.

She delivered a "I won't ever see her as a sane person in any film she's in going forward." I think there's a lot of layers to a person that can be so very good at playing that part. Interesting to me.

Just found out my neighbors daughter is also the Stephen hawking dudes publicist. Pretty dope.

Dope, but:

Dude scrapped his honeymoon to be at the Golden Globes and he'll probably win nothing else the rest of his life... the rest of his married life. His wife already had to deal with that **** and now she's going to deal with his increasing frustration as his acting career never tops this.

Can we think for a second about what the word "awful" means? Basically terrible, with no redeeming value.

Thank you for giving me the perfect definition of awful. Can't stand when people use it on any and everything they weren't high on.

A movie is only awful if it's on the level of Transformers 2. After watching that movie, I can honestly almost watch any movie on earth

Transformers 3 might top that for you, since you'll see a transformer ride a dinosaur transformer when the damn transformer doesn't need to be strapped to riding anything. He's a transformer himself, just transform into a T-Rex. :stoneface:

I never actually saw Spring Breakers. I just mentioned it because I remembered Venom raving about it. I'm fairly sure I wouldn't like it, but I willing to accept that it's not awful.

0]

Wait, Venom uses 'awful' for Grand Budapest Hotel but raved about Spring Breakers? I don't want to compare Wes Anderson to Harmony Korine but the elements and allure to both are identical. Visual and Gucci Mane villain in both.

john wick was very entertaining to me. lacked female influence in the movie though.  a good action movie needs some eye candy.

It absolutely doesn't need that, and I feel like that's become such an assumption that it's carved out role after role after role where females have no personalities to speak of and are only really there as a "oh well, we have to do this somewhere in the middle" and because of that it's always throwaway, horrible and rashly put together.

Just saw there's going to be a "Now You See Me 2" Any info?

Yeah Dave Franco is going to add another movie to his resume where he's playing Dave Franco

Watched philadelphia, movie did not age well

Agreed. Saw it for the first time a couple of years ago, thought the same thing.

John Wick - Enjoyed the movie, no matter how implausible the plot and poor an actor Keanu is. I usually hate movies like this, but it wasnt terrible.

I said this when I saw it, but I've sort of come to the realization that Keanu Reeves is virtually emotionless in his regular, scene-to-scene standard acting. But when asked to be emotional -- like we saw in the scene when the package came to his door that one night -- he's, I mean, brilliant.

It's really the word I would use. For example, when he goes to talk to Diane Lane in Hardball and the "I think you like me, I just got this gut feeling when you..." scene and his eulogy at G-Baby's funeral. Then the scene with the package in this movie, incredible. Seriously. It's just that he brings almost none of the elements of that to the other broad majority of his performance.

Last edited:
Good looking out I'll remember not to watch

On a related note I hate the term "cash grab" every movie ever made is a cash grab that's kinda the point of why they make them..

not necessarily true.
Although at the end of the day it is their profession, clearly more often than not these A-list actors do want their work respected on top of getting paid.

If performances and the art of these movies didn't matter and it was all about money, we'd have no award season.

Affleck in Runner Runner was clearly just grabbing an easy check.

After you watch what he created with Argo, and the work it took to create that art, you can tell how effortless and meaningless his role in Runner runner was.

not necessarily true.
Although at the end of the day it is their profession, clearly more often than not these A-list actors do want their work respected on top of getting paid.

If performances and the art of these movies didn't matter and it was all about money, we'd have no award season.

Affleck in Runner Runner was clearly just grabbing an easy check.

After you watch what he created with Argo, and the work it took to create that art, you can tell how effortless and meaningless his role in Runner runner was.

Agree. I guess it could be argued that all big studio movies are a cash crab on some level, but some are definitely way worse than others.

And a lot of independent movies get made knowing that they're not going to make a lot of money. They do it for the exposure or to get a message out there. Documentaries, in particular, are not made for the money in most cases.

IMDb ‏@IMDb · 51m51 minutes ago
Sean Penn, Javier Bardem, and Idris Elba man-off in the new trailer for 'The Gunman': http://imdb.to/1AIv0Ul

This is the first I'm hearing about this movie. Heck of a cast.
can't wait

Stringer Bell finally makes it out legit and joins a secret govt organization 
embarassed.gif

Last edited:
American Sniper is straight up propoganda man. Making people hate Muslims for no reason, making people wanna join the army just to shoot Muslims, etc.

Smh. The reaction on Twitter is just sad and surreal. So many ignorant people hating the Nation of Islam just because of a ******* movie.

Makes me not even wanna watch to be honest. This world is too cold man.

Last edited:
American Sniper is straight up propoganda man. Making people hate Muslims for no reason, making people wanna join the army just to shoot Muslims, etc.

Smh. The reaction on Twitter is just sad and surreal. So many ignorant people hating the Nation of Islam just because of a ******* movie.

Makes me not even wanna watch to be honest. This world is too cold man.
proganda? Its war ... They hate us we hate them is the mentality you need to have to continue on. I'm sure the extremist sure do hate Americans because of their own propaganda. Nothing new ..

I like watching movies about War and Terrorism.

I like the unique insight it gives me into the mind of a Soldier. Such a sad and dejected yet proud and beautiful position a Soldier is.

I can  watch such Films because I am also wise enough to interpret and internalize it outside of its propaganda. and without it inspiring me to rise for a cause that I am being led to believe is right. 

America isn't smart enough to discern between a testimony and an instigation.

thanks CP. great breakdown. sounds like a real heavy film. too heavy for me, but it does sound very well made with a wrenching story.

I'm a sucker for any movie with an NY settings. Die Hard w/a V, Cloverfield, Cruel Intentions, Paid in Full, Adjustment Bureau etc etc

Add to that list 25th Hour, Devil Wears Prada, Serendipity, You've Got Mail, He Got Game, Black & White.

Having lived in New York City, its a bit nostalgic for me to see it on film. Especially places I used to frequent often.

IMDb ‏@IMDb · 51m51 minutes ago

Sean Penn, Javier Bardem, and Idris Elba man-off in the new trailer for 'The Gunman': http://imdb.to/1AIv0Ul

This is the first I'm hearing about this movie. Heck of a cast.
can't wait

Stringer Bell finally makes it out legit and joins a secret govt organization :wow:
Repped just cuz you gave me something new to imagine.

Reminds me of somebody mentioning how they connected Idris showing up on The Office to Stringer somehow surviving and going in to witness protection and then going legit with a paper business :lol:

Reminds me of somebody mentioning how they connected Idris showing up on The Office to Stringer somehow surviving and going in to witness protection and then going legit with a paper business
laugh.gif
I think that was me 
laugh.gif

pretty much anytime Idris Elba plays an American role, I just try to imagine its Stringer's alter ego
laugh.gif

I think that was me :lol:

pretty much anytime Idris Elba plays an American role, I just try to imagine its Stringer's alter ego:lol:

Even in that movie with him, Beyoncé and the crazy, stalker white girl?

Last edited:
Gunman looks like a great Saturday afternoon matinee complete with a run to Five & Below for some candy with pop corn from the theater...

Sean Penn looks really old & that tan (which looks like spray on) makes him look older...

I don't know if this is the right place, but i wanted to start a thread on NT's favorite time travel movies.

With that Project Almanac (Welcome to Yesterday) releasing soon, I'd like to know what are some of your favorite movies with time travel.  Its my favorite genre within the Sci-Fi spectrum.  My favorite Harry Potter movie was the one with time travel in it, i dont even like Harry Potter.

Someone help me out and name me some.  Off the top, i can think of

BTTF series

Butterfly Effect

Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel

Triangle

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Looper

Terminator

Primer

Star Trek

Put me on some new ones.

Back