Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Well, Fincher and Affleck are going to do a Strangers on a Train remake, so we'll get a glimpse of someone attempting to match what Hitchcock managed.

Not sure how a Rope remake would do tho. That was a damn unique film. :lol:

The team behind Gone Girl are hoping to capitalise on the film’s success by making another thriller.

Deadline Hollywood reports that actor Ben Affleck, director David Fincher and Gone Girl author and screenwriter Gillian Flynn are set to create a new version of Alfred Hitchcock’s 1951 film, Strangers on a Train.

Based on a 1950 novel by Patricia Highsmith, the original film is predicated on a conversation between two men in which they discuss “swapping” murders – agreeing to kill someone disliked by the other in order to hide the motive.

The new version, retitled Strangers, will feature Affleck as a film star who is offered a lift by a wealthy businessman after his private jet breaks down in the middle of an Oscar campaign.

Affleck will also produce the film. The studio, Warner Brothers, will be anxious to replicate the success of Gone Girl, which grossed $350m worldwide, almost six times the film’s $60m budget.

Strangers is set to be shot at the end of this year after Affleck has starred in and directed his adaptation of the Dennis Lehane book Live By Night, which co-stars Sienna Miller. David Fincher is about to direct the HBO series Utopia, itself a remake of a British series originally shown on Channel 4.

Last edited:
I think there's a thread on that and my first reply was leave Hitchcock's work alone. I love Fincher's work but I didn't like the idea of it.

Just make your own thing.

Like the whole Magnificent 7, 7 Samurai thing was just brought up. I feel changing the location, time period, and genre to an extent makes it a pretty much different movie. 7 gunmen as opposed to 7 swordsman is a big enough change imo. It begins to be a different movie.

Last edited:
can't hurt.  The originals will still be 
pimp.gif
  I've never been crazy about Ben Affleck though so i dunno 

Just picked up Gone Girl on blu ray for $15 at Target. Couldn't pass on that deal. Favorite movie of 2014.

I wanna see a live action akira movie after chronicle (which is partially influenced by akira) I think it would be great..

I would like that Kurt Russell film, Soldier, remade.

I'd like the Kurt Russell film, Escape from New York, remade, but still starring Kurt Russell.

Or how about a remake of the Warriors? They could cast Shaq to be the guy who says "can you dig it?!!!!!"

I would like remakes of various movies like everyone else but I want to opt for rated R versions of the new remakes. Mortal Kombat would be great but with the violence like the newest games? [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

You can fill the rest of the ideas of other movies that would've been good with violence but given the times and leniency of censorship back in the day some directors probably felt held back. But art can be created beautifully with what you have

I like Chris Pratt & all, but I wish they'd just leader Indiana Jones alone...

I'm with you, but there's no chance that happens now that Disney owns the franchise. That company pretty much milks everything for all they can. And some of it is undeniably great, but not all of it.

Just saw a classic Seinfeld - when Kramer installs a garbage disposal in his shower. Putty, J Peterman and James Spader appearances. So good.

One of my favorites. This one on now w puddy as a car salesman is great as well. Costanza losing it cause of the mechanic stole his twix :lol:

The Movie is my GOAT Seinfeld episode. :rofl:

Is The Americans the hardest show in history to "find"? I swear man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom