Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Sally's a G.

Roger Sterlings daughter needs the belt. 

And thanks to whoever mentioned the Like Crazy movie being messed up.

Turned me on to Felicity and to a good movie.

I liked the male actor since his role in Alpha Dogs.

Last edited:
Don's secretary just dying at work :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  

His daughter is the reason why parents hit their kids :x  

Peggy might be the ugliest character on television.

Peggy looks kinda good now. She was really gross looking in the early seasons.

She's on a roll right now. My friend who co-produced Like Crazy swore to me she was going to be a superstar. I think it took a little longer than he expected, but it appears to be happening.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that movie Like Crazy soooo much. No one I have ever talked to ever saw the film, and critics who I know who saw it hated it. Yet I adore that film and all 3 performances in it

Daredevil trailer for upcoming Netlfix series April 10th in 4K no less (13 eps). Series stars Charlie Cox as the title character as well as Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson, Vondie Curtis Hall, Ayelet Zurer, Bob Gunton, and Scott Glenn. Looks like Glenn is playing Stick...

BTW, I saw A Most Violent Year with a free movie pass I had. I liked it. Director J.C. Chandor definitely pays homage to God Father I & II without ripping it off. The cinematography, the lighting... Great performance from Oscar Isaac too. I'd even say it was a break out performance. Good performances from Jessica Chastain & David Oyelow too. Also liked seeing Albert Brooks as Isaac's lawyer. Interesting fact, Isaac & Chastain were classmates at Juilliard. I thought they had great chemistry on film.

Ryan Gosling's directorial debut... Cannes took a fat **** on this movie last year, but I'm probably gonna love just based on the cinematography alone :smokin

BTW, I saw A Most Violent Year with a free movie pass I had. I liked it. Director J.C. Chandor definitely pays homage to God Father I & II without ripping it off. The cinematography, the lighting... Great performance from Oscar Isaac too. I'd even say it was a break out performance. Good performances from Jessica Chastain & David Oyelow too. Also liked seeing Albert Brooks as Isaac's lawyer. Interesting fact, Isaac & Chastain were classmates at Juilliard. I thought they had great chemistry on film.

my man...

Last edited:
The Chromatics score/soundtrack in that trailer gives it that Drive feel to it sound wise...

The other thing about A Most Violent Year is that director J.C. Chandor created the same kinda quiet intimacy of the Godfather flicks. Isaac's character kinda invokes Michael Corleone in his struggle again without ripping off what Al Pachino did.

Has anyone else seen "Beyond the Lights." I saw it last night and thought it was decent. It was from the director of "Love & Basketball."

Don with them hands while in a cold sweat 
eek.gif

Spoiler the Mad Men stuff from now on. I'm trying to catch up as well.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that movie Like Crazy soooo much. No one I have ever talked to ever saw the film, and critics who I know who saw it hated it. Yet I adore that film and all 3 performances in it

It was really well received at Sundance, but just never took off when it was released theatrically. The studio did a decent job of marketing too, I thought. I really can't figure why it didn't get any traction. Everyone I know who's actually seen it liked it a lot, including myself.

I loved Like Crazy.

I recommend it to everyone and it's always met with high praise.

Like Crazy hit me in the feels something fierce. 
embarassed.gif
mean.gif
 I told my buddy that and he was like, don't watch Blue Valentine then, it'll mess your day up. I've gotta find a day to watch that, maybe chase it with a comedy after or just let it simmer. 

Odd, I don't recall anything about Like Crazy. Like no trailer, commercial, etc.

But another movie I don't remember hearing much about, The Next 3 Days with Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks was pretty good. Usually these movies ends with the guy failing when he does something bad but it was a real nice escape plan he had.

Banks looks hot as prison inmate. Wilde was in this too looking cute.

I especially liked the ending how they revealed the murderer and how it went down, the cop's hunch, and it being all unresolved. 6/8

The justice system sucks.

Like Crazy hit me in the feels something fierce. 
embarassed.gif
mean.gif
 I told my buddy that and he was like, don't watch Blue Valentine then, it'll mess your day up. I've gotta find a day to watch that, maybe chase it with a comedy after or just let it simmer. 
those are my two favorite lock-myself-in-my-room and consume a bottle of hard liquor type simp movies 
embarassed.gif

Odd, I don't recall anything about Like Crazy. Like no trailer, commercial, etc.

But another movie I don't remember hearing much about, The Next 3 Days with Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks was pretty good. Usually these movies ends with the guy failing when he does something bad but it was a real nice escape plan he had.

I especially liked the ending how they revealed the murderer and how it went down, the cop's hunch, and it being all unresolved. 6/8

Might have to catch this on the pure strength of Wilde.

Girls got chops for real.

In today's episode of "That's Justin Theroux?"

Was watching Zoolander and always wanted to know who the DJ was... and to my surprise!

Last edited:
A John Wick Sequel Is Already In The Works

We’re happy to report that if you were completely blown away by the action and thrills in John Wick, the directors tell us they’re in the works on another one.

During our chat with Chad Stahelski and David Leitch for “Director’s Notebook,” the stuntmen turned directors revealed that they definitely want to give the fans what they want and are currently working on a sequel to their hit debut, which not only proved that Keanu Reeves is still a viable action star but introduced us to some spectacular new action sequences like “gun fu” and “car fu.”

“We’re in development right now,” Stahelski told us.

They didn’t go into any specifics on story or if Reeves would return, though Stahelski did hint, “If we could work with Keanu Reeves for 10 movies you’d have a really cool career.” The two admitted that pressure of a sequel isn’t coming up with more action, but keeping the character relatable.

“We have ideas for days and without blinking twice we know we can outdo the action from the original,” Stahelski said. “It’s the matter of story and how much you like the character. That’s always the most important. If there’s great action but you have a character that no one likes and doesn’t have charisma you’re not going to watch it. Look at any great action star, whether it’s Harrison Ford or Liam Neeson or Robert Downey Jr., pick a name, you love the guy first. Good action, bad action, you just love them in action. So we want to make sure we have a story and a character that everybody loves and then we’ll dress it with action that we promise will be awesome.”

“You gotta go on a journey with the guy and have to like the guy,” Leitch added.

Stahelski and Leitch are hot commodities in the action world at the moment as news broke last week that they are in early talks to helm Cowboy Ninja Viking, starring Chris Pratt.

John Wick is now available on Blu-ray. Look for our full interview with the directors later today.

They didn’t say if Keanu Reeves would return for the sequel but they would like him to.

:smokin

Might have to catch this on the pure strength of Wilde.
Girls got chops for real.
I didn't think I did but I wouldn't oversell this like Wilde was in this heavy. More of a guest spot with a few lines.

Whole thing is Crowe on his beautiful mind planning this prison break and the rest is Banks and their son.

Back
Top Bottom