Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

•  

vinny chase and the reporter boyfriend in house of cards are supposed to be the average man for the audience to feel bad and root for but i hate both of those bums and wish them the worst 
I'd have to agree with you, hear. A couple of punks.

edit: Inglorious Bastards is on in the background, not a bad background movie.

Chef is about to replace it though.
what makes chef great is that there was no random throw in bad guy trying to ruin everything. just good vibes of a guy finding his dream job throughout the entire second and third acts of the movie 
pimp.gif

ironman 2 was on last night. Forgot rockwell was in it. A shame they made 2 ironman sequels that people don't really care to watch again.

That's very true. IM2 has some takeaways, but IM3 was absolutely horrible. Oh, Gwyneth Paltrow can be in a suit now? This is just dumb ****.

Maybe it's because I'm not steeped in the Iron Man canon, but I loved IM3. I even bought into the Mandarin twist near the end. I remember seeing it in the theater and felt it was one of the best 3D movies I had seen. There were some great moments in IM2 (BW fight scene, Tony Stark hearing, any scene Sam Rockwell was in, etc..) but as a whole I thought IM3 was better.

IM > IM3 > IM2

i'm marathoning Tarantino movies again and I just noticed the chick that was Calvin Candie's sister in Django is also

the stripper in Kill Bill 2 that tells but about the toilet

what makes chef great is that there was no random throw in bad guy trying to ruin everything. just good vibes of a guy finding his dream job throughout the entire second and third acts of the movie 
pimp.gif
what you said
pimp.gif

the kid
pimp.gif

the soundtrack
pimp.gif

the entire cast
pimp.gif

Maybe it's because I'm not steeped in the Iron Man canon, but I loved IM3. I even bought into the Mandarin twist near the end. I remember seeing it in the theater and felt it was one of the best 3D movies I had seen. There were some great moments in IM2 (BW fight scene, Tony Stark hearing, any scene Sam Rockwell was in, etc..) but as a whole I thought IM3 was better.

IM > IM3 > IM2

The fact that they butchered The Mandarin was actually the worst part of it for me. That said, I'm not a huge fan of IM2, so I still agree that it's better than IM2.

For me IM3 became almost unwatchable as it went along.

Thanks to those that talked about Chef ... A great movie ... Agree that the fact that it was positive for the most part really made it that much better.

I was waiting for something to happen Especially during the trip ... Glad nothing came.

4. Streep, Tucci, Anne, and Blunt.

Tucci and Blunt were more comedy/quirk type additions, not Oscar buzz or anything, just well done,well acted characters. Both witty with dialogue, interacted well with Anne, facial expressions (Blunt mostly) the whole 9.

The Mentalist and Vinne Chase were merely token pieces, but useable enough.

It may run a smidge long, but it's still a viable film on the select few who determine a billion dollar industry. Like the scene with the near identical belts that damn near got Anne decapitated. To us, same belt. To the industry, vastly different. Crazy, but it worked. Be like doin a movie about Napa Auto part warehouses or somethin. :lol: They pull this off.

I don't place it as a 10 or Oscar or anything, just a solidly done film, well performed, likeable characters, enough humor, and a peak behind the curtain of how that industry moves. We as men may not have the interest in it like women would, but that's kinda why some of us may like it, it's not even really meant for us, but still has qualities to it.
I can understand your reasoning I just disagree with the part that the movie was watchable quality wise. Perhaps if it was cut down to like 1hr 20 min.

It damn near gave me a headache. Last movie that gave me a full on headache was when I tried watching one of the Twilight movies to see what the fuss was about.

Last edited:
I think I've literally seen Chef at least a dozen times (after eating of course). It's one of those films that's completely predictable, but it executes the "feel good movie" moniker to a tee. In the summer it was my favorite film, and it still wound up being in the top 5 at year's end.

I have to give tons of credit to John Leguizamo, though. If you really think about it, that was really a thankless role that could have been given to anyone, but his energy really elevated that cross country trip. Wish he was featured on more films.

And as for the soundtrack, John Courtney's "Lucky Man" is such a great song. I consider it my "summer anthem." :lol:

I bought the Soundtrack before the movie ended. 

The scene where the Critic came back and they had just fired Chef and he was at home cookiing while his Sous Chef was serving the critic; Is the exact spot I was on when I logged on iTunes.

Cavern: Liquid Liquid was the song playing. I was hype and it was 4:30am CST, I went for a jog as soon as the movie ended and knocked the Soundtrack out.

Last edited:
Anyone else want val kilmer to make a comeback? Would like to see a sequel to The Saint.

Anyone else want val kilmer to make a comeback? Would like to see a sequel to The Saint.

I think he's unfortunately about to die soon.

He's a Christian Scientist and refusing any medical treatment for throat cancer or something like that.

I think he's unfortunately about to die soon.

He's a Christian Scientist and refusing any medical treatment for throat cancer or something like that.

Wow. Forreal? Didn't know that. Last new film I saw him in was MacGruber.

Real Genius ... 40 Years Later

Or a Tombstons spinoff stand-alone Doc Holliday movie.

Forgot about Real Genius. Lasers.

I rewatched John Wick earlier today for the 3rd time now and this is already one of my favorite scenes of all time...

I love everything about it, from the lighting to the choreography to the music. It's just beautiful to watch

I want to already say it's a classic action scene but let me see how it holds up over the years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom