Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So, how about Miles Teller as the next Spider-Man? :nerd:
He's already Mr. Fantastic in F4 but no. I've yet to see this great up and coming young actor a lot of you have been raving about. I just don't think he's good enough or a good fit.

Besides Marvel/Sony are going with a much younger (I assume 20 or teenage) Spidey.

I thought miles teller was the douchey friend in The Girl Next Door so I didn't care what he was in.

Still have yet to see anything Teller is in, so I can't comment on him as Spiderman.

Puhlease, I barely even know 80's films.
Too hard to scrape together a nickel to go see a show, eh? or were you too busy bootlegging?
the dementia is kicking in 
tired.gif

actors these days have it so easy, watch a classic chaplin movie and he busts out 20-30 second takes. these days most movies cut every 3 seconds 

actors these days have it so easy, watch a classic chaplin movie and he busts out 20-30 second takes. these days most movies cut every 3 seconds 

Chaplin was a great guy too. Used to enjoy hanging with him and drinking Manhattas at the Brown Derby.

i actually took a class on silent films in college :lol: what y'all wanna know :nerd:
why was Chaplin so Great?
his physical comedy was so perfect, modern times still holds up today as a great movie
piggybacking on my tripartite gag comment, because he has an itch he misses some of his work and has to catch up, because he has to catch up the forman gets on him, because he defends his case to the forman he falls behind again and has to catch up, because a fly gets in his way he swats at it and gets behind on his work again, because there’s a fly around him a coworker hits him in the face swatting at it, because he gets hit he gets behind on his work again, because his wrench gets stuck his coworker gets frustrated and hammers his hand, because he’s hurt they have to stop the assembly line—it's the little stuff like that and the depth of each gag—the cause and effect factor of everything going on—that really made him brilliant and silent comedies funny. there's always that depth to each action, that layer upon layer that creates a funny situation.

as a current cinema student I have seen way too many silent films. As pioneers Chaplin and others are just copied into modern times

I saw Metropolis again in class last week and noticed that a specific shot of the main protagonist coming down the stairs in the dungeon was the exact same shot of Luke coming down to Jabba's palace in Episode VI. You see so many original ideas and realise that Spielberg and them are dope and all but some good shots, plot are just to pay homage to the originators

Finally saw Mommy today....probably my favorite movie of 2014

2.99/3

Ganna finally catch Whiplash tomorrow or over the weekend.

if you liked everything in man with iron fists except for the A list actors then ive got good news for you!

Pete running into his father in law, and then describing the events to Cosgrove.... OMG 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I seriously replayed that scene like 10 times, real tears 
laugh.gif

original.jpg

Last edited:
OMG apdancing Cosgrove, ITS MY JOB 
roll.gif

cosgrove-dance.gif

Last edited:
'Focus' will likely be predictable and more for entertainment value than quality or substance, but I'm still contemplating a theater viewing. Margot Robbie being an added bonus.

He's really good in The Spectacular Now too but he needs to get himself out of those Divergent movies
Teller is also very funny in 'That Awkward Moment.' Excellent chemistry with Michael B. Jordan to pick up Efron's slack. Imogen Poots is also easy on the eyes, she was in 'Centurion' with Fassbender as well.

I didn't mind 'Divergent,' bit of a guilty pleasure. Caught it free on HBO. Bit of a soft spot for Shailene Woodley. Offers little to no substance, but worth the entertainment value of not having to think while viewing. Will see 'Insurgent,' when released for free on movie channels.

'Focus' will likely be predictable and more for entertainment value than quality or substance, but I'm still contemplating a theater viewing. Margot Robbie being an added bonus.

I'm just glad to see Will Smith doing something other than producing lame remakes and appearing in movies with his kid.

Back
Top Bottom