Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

yeah man 
frown.gif

and then Julie breaking down an the Academic Smackdown when talking about Look Homeward Angel and You Can’t Go Home Again 
frown.gif

why can't those two just be together and happy forever?!? 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

yeah man :frown:

and then Julie breaking down an the Academic Smackdown when talking about Look Homeward Angel and You Can’t Go Home Again :frown:

why can't those two just be together and happy forever?!? :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Man that episode killed me.....Zach Gilford should have won a damn emmy for his performance for the ep prior to that man :frown:

tumblr_ls3uo3NbDW1qaqgmso1_500.png

Felt for my boy Riggins in this episode too

tumblr_mh0a9jgTTS1qmzknko1_250.gif
tumblr_mh0a9jgTTS1qmzknko2_250.gif

tumblr_mh0a9jgTTS1qmzknko3_250.gif
tumblr_mh0a9jgTTS1qmzknko4_250.gif

tumblr_mh0a9jgTTS1qmzknko5_250.gif
tumblr_mh0a9jgTTS1qmzknko6_250.gif

Last edited:
^Word. Looking like they pointing to the little daughter being the killer now :smh: Hope they sell it as a mistake and not that she's a psychopath.

Speaking of that show, Ryan Phillipe might be getting the break of his career now that he says Marvel is considering on adding him to one of their netflix shows.

It's pretty incredible how great of a job Taylor Kitsch did with Tim Riggins. It's probably one of the most underrated performances on TV the last decade. Coach and Tami obviously carried the show and I was thrilled when Kyle Chandler finally won an Emmy, but Kitsch was phenomenal as Riggins.

And I loved the switch to East Dillon. It's such a change of pace and it breathed new life into the show, they followed through on that looming threat of the boosters vs the Coach and all the influences and egos involved and it worked. And now you got to see Coach Taylor be the true underdog, and it just works.

And I loved the switch to East Dillon. It's such a change of pace and it breathed new life into the show, they followed through on that looming threat of the boosters vs the Coach and all the influences and egos involved and it worked. And now you got to see Coach Taylor be the true underdog, and it just works.
agreed on Kitsch

I'm starting to come around to the East Dillon story. It's making more sense why they took this route, the whole everything on a silver platter type environment that OG Dillon offered was getting a bit stale so it makes sense that they flip it on its head and take the viewers to the other side of the story (and literally to the other side of town :lol:)

It's pretty incredible how great of a job Taylor Kitsch did with Tim Riggins. It's probably one of the most underrated performances on TV the last decade. Coach and Tami obviously carried the show and I was thrilled when Kyle Chandler finally won an Emmy, but Kitsch was phenomenal as Riggins.
Good or bad, I don't even see Taylor Kitsch anymore. I see Tim Riggins in all his movies. That's not even a diss. Hoping True Detective changes that up so he gets more work. And TIL that Kyle Chandler won an Emmy, that's great 
pimp.gif

Yeah, he won it in the last year of the show's eligibility. 

If Jon Hamm doesn't win one "We owe you" Emmy for his last chance with Mad Men I'll be so bummed.

Ex Machina was great.

Enjoyed it, the dance scene was awesome and all 3 actors killed it.

Oscar Issac hopefully is up next.

Enjoyed him in Sucker Punch and Drive.

Hopefully this Mojave film is dope.
Seen Inside Llewyn Davis? A Most Violent Year? 2 of his best imo.

I just dont see how a most violent year was a great movie.

I mean what made it great in everyone's eyes?

FNL is why I still have hope in my boy riggins.. Just needs to pick better movies

Also still holding out hope for my boy jax.. Dude was ruthless in hooligans

So we all read that during the Sony leaks they discussed a 21 Jump Street and Men in Black crossover movie.. well apparently they're pursuing it for real.

http://www.thewrap.com/jump-street-...female-driven-spinoff-men-in-black-crossover/

At first it sounded like a really dumb idea, but when you actually think about it... it will probably work. Like the article points out, the 1st movie hit on reboots/cop movies/high school comedies, then the 2nd one tackled the sequel concept and all the cliches and jokes there, so the 3rd would focus on shared universes and then you have the whole alien concepts to play with. I think at first I imagined Will Smith and Jonah Hill yucking it up together and that sounded dumb, but it doesn't seem like they'd necessarily need Tommy Lee Jones or Smith, they could just do it without them and it be better... save it for a cameo at the end or something. 

Then there's the female version of 21 Jump Street, which could be interesting.

FNL is why I still have hope in my boy riggins.. Just needs to pick better movies

Also still holding out hope for my boy jax.. Dude was ruthless in hooligans

Kitsch is cool as an actor, just Hollywood tried so hard to push him as a star and A lister

He needs to just stick to ensembles, supporting roles, and leads in smaller movies and tv

I mean it's ridiculous enough to work.

I don't think most thought the 1st Jump Street would be as clever and funny as it was. I think it's just that it's a "MEN IN BLACK CROSSOVER" it sounds less than appealing. But if they just said "23 Jump Street will involve the paranormal and aliens" it might be a little more tolerable. The crossover concept makes it sound more like a money grab (which I'm sure it is, of course), but still.

I just want to see if they can pull off a great comedy trilogy, if they can make a Men in Black crossover work, then just give Lord and Miller the keys to the kingdom and the freedom to do whatever they want. 

if someone could give me a small list of good movies I need to check out that have dropped this year, would be appreciated.

i'm trying to find it follows somewhere but am having no luck.

Sounds like the Jump Street remake series finally jumped the shark.

Some were already saying it wasn't a good idea from the jump and I was happy it ended up very funny but now it just sounds they're too big headed off the success of the sequel.

Back
Top Bottom