Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'd just like to see more new/different people in Hollywood movies, period. Asian, Latin, black, white or otherwise. Too much of the same faces again and again, great as some of them may be.

Studios are scared to use anyone that's not established. They'd rather use old faces and hope people want to spend money on seeing someone familiar. I love action movies but can't think of many good ones recently. Keanu isn't new but I enjoyed John Wick. Of course Mad Mad: Fury Road was piff.

It's too bad Brandon Lee died (for multiple reasons). Although I think the Crow is just an OK movie, I think he would have been a big star had he lived longer, which maybe could have broken down some barriers. Then again, he's probably a special case since he was the son of literally a legend.

Convincing an old enemy to suicide bomb a current enemy.

Walt playing chess while everyone else playing connect 4

Speed, point break and John wick are classics

I would add the original Bill & Teds to that. Original Matrix too (not the sequels). Keanu was also in Parenthood, which is a very good movie, but in a smaller role. Guy's filmography is overall very solid.

Did he poison Brock?

Back
Top Bottom