Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Spartacus is like McDonalds.. You know it'sfar from the greatest quality, but sometimes you just want a Big Mac.. Their fries.. Maybe an egg mcmuffin

Definitely was entertaining

I tried watching Everest the other day.. Couldn't get through it.. Was just depressing.. Maybe one of these days I'll finish

All the hot naked women and orgies on the spartacus are like Mcnuggets and some freshly fried fries. The new actor they cast for spartacus was a beta and frail though. They would've been better off casting someone who was an alpha instead of someone who kinda looked like Andy.

Last edited:
only watched episode 5. great movie that never felt dull or anything. pacing was solid, movie moved quick. few thoughts, cp3 is such a yellow little wuss :lol: the millennium falcon having no hyperdrive is basically a running joke the entire movie its just 120 minutes of no light speed :lol: the whole story of darth vader and the dark side of the force and how hate drew him to it is great and makes me really want to watch the prequels, but i know i'll be letdown basically when i do see them, which is a shame. does light cauterize injuries when limbs are lost or is that just a typical lazy george lucas plothole? good movie, cool sequel for the franchise, but ill be honest, I'm confused what makes this franchise this behemoth. it's a good universe, good story, but it still blows my mind how much love it has. looking forward to watching 6 this week potentially.

Lightsabers does cauterize the wound, yes.

Don't watch the prequels, read my posts about how the prequels should have been done. It'll be better for your interest in Vader. :lol:

And as for how/why. 1977. 1980. 1983.

Everything you've seen from then on had a ton of influence from those films. "Franchises", sequels, all had true connections to the way these films came to be.

The character introductions, the expansive possibilities. Ice planets. Degobah. Cloud City.

Emporer, Boba Fett, Yoda, Lando, Lobot, Mynocks, Tauntauns, Assassin droids. Asteroid fields. Carbonite. At-At's. You could introduce any idea and not have it feel "crazy".

The force is strong in you.....but you are not a Jedi yet.
Do, or do not, there is no try.
Judge me by my size, do you?
We would be honored, if you would join us.
Would it help if I got out and pushed? It might.

The good guys getting their ***** kicked for 2 hours.

In 1980. When they had rotary phones and black and white TV's. These movies had all this insane technology and beautiful imagery.

Easy to see how that franchise took every dollar.

Makes a lot of sense, CP, considering the time period and how revolutionary the ideas and execution was. Easy to lose sight in that with that kind of stuff being rudimentary today. Looking forward to 6 and eventually 7.

Don't watch the prequels, read my posts about how the prequels should have been done. It'll be better for your interest in Vader.
laugh.gif

Donde?

they was going to grow up to be over privileged cartel bosses . My guess is that was his reasoning .
no.
Or maybe because those kids father was responsible for the gruesome death of his wife + daughter 
doing the family first so that their scumbag dad could witness it, was the worst/best thing he could do to hurt the guy. he died knowing his family was dead and it was his fault.

I know he didn't direct it, but I kind of count True Romance as a Tarantino film. Not that I'd rank it above any of his official films, but his fingerprints really are all over it so, to me, it's his.

Absolutely agree! The Elvis references, the dialogue, the violence.

Don't watch the prequels, read my posts about how the prequels should have been done. It'll be better for your interest in Vader. :lol:

Everything you've seen from then on had a ton of influence from those films. "Franchises", sequels, all had true connections to the way these films came to be.

The character introductions, the expansive possibilities. Ice planets. Degobah. Cloud City.

Emporer, Boba Fett, Yoda, Lando, Lobot, Mynocks, Tauntauns, Assassin droids. Asteroid fields. Carbonite. At-At's. You could introduce any idea and not have it feel "crazy".

In 1980. When they had rotary phones and black and white TV's. These movies had all this insane technology and beautiful imagery.

There were some good moments in the prequels worth watching.

Her crazy outfits.

Liam Neeson as a Jedi Master yes

Mr. Snakes on a Plane with his purple lightsaber. kinda cool.

Yoda being a badass with his little lightsaber vs. palpatine.

The underwater city of gungan and Boss Nass were pretty cool. (basically minus Jar Jar)

Podracing was effing awesome all right. Don't let CP's old grumpy *** tell you any different!

Anakin Vs. Obi Wan was EPIC! There's some bad dialogue thrown in there, but the fight scenes are well worth the watch.

Another entertaining fight scene. This dude Grievous rocks 4 lightsabers!!

And the grand daddy of them all.....at least watch this one on youtube....Darth Maul VS Qui Gon Jinn VS Obi Wan. Maul rocks the double-sided saber. absolutely badass!

I would never recommend NOT watching the prequels, they absolutely deserve a watch. Just don't get hyped over them. Watch them as if you were watching the latest season of The Walking Dead. They will never compare to the first season, but they can still be entertaining at time and you really don't care about the characters anymore, you just want certain people dead.

Donde?

There's a couple of them, over the years, so some of the language is rehashed. But this is the gist of them

Now, I surely would have liked to have seen more. For instance, had he done better in 1-2, he could have had Anakin become Vader within the first 45 minutes of Sith, and spent the next hour and a half killing Jedi in a way that would have probably ended me with happiness right then and there. I mean, from the very first movie, the first 35-40 minutes, Ben Kenobi tells us of Luke's Father, who was a great Jedi and fighter pilot, who was murdered by Darth Vader during the Clone Wars. In Jedi, Luke asks Leia about her mother…..”she died when I was very young”….(no ****, you were 3 minutes old) “But I remember she was very sad” Padme died from, sadness. Sadness bruh. The ***** died cuz she haz the sadz. What in the blue ****? And Leia somehow picked this up, fresh out the birth canal? I mean……. That lore sat with everyone the entire time from 1977 to 1999, and somehow, he couldn't get it right? The ****? How could he possibly have almost two decades to go over his story, piece by piece, and be ready to properly show what he himself, said in his own films? Vader hunted down, and destroyed the Jedi. We do 3 freakin movies on the subject, and we don’t see no **** like that, so what the ****?

Vader should have been choppin fools down for 90 minutes in Sith, not killin kids and gettin his *** kicked by Owi Wan.

But like I said, despite all that, the tone was MUCH darker, the severity of everything was felt, the killing of all the Jedi, while done wrong, was still powerful. The creation of Vader was awe inspiring, my theater was SILENT while that **** went on. And when the breathing kicked in.......... *wipes tear*

I remember walking out, happy, feeling good, but also ANGRY that I knew this kind of stuff was still in him, in the franchise, and that he had wasted my ******* time with the first two prequels that completely let me down.

Star Wars was the beginning, and a HUGE moment in movie history.
Empire upped the ante and is one of the best 3-5 films in movie history.
Jedi was a fulfilling close, albeit a bit too fluffy.
Menace was a piece of crap, with Darth Maul
Clones was a piece of crap, with the start of a famous war that should have stolen my breath.
Sith was a solid conclusion, with much darker tones, and the right feel as the 6th film closed and you knew how 4 would be.

Had he just gotten 1 and 2 right.........

Revenge of the Sith could have been the best movie ever made. It would have made Empire look like a childrens book. It could have been the darkest, saddest damn story ever told. Shoulda sent Ben and Yoda hiding, scared to their cores. Could have seen Vader in his prime, young, angry, completely lost following Palpatine. Jedi slaughtered, Boba Fett helping Vader hunt down Jedi, a complete, utter altering of the galaxy, til closing credits. Knowing, the next film would restore all "Hope". Think about that. Imagine the closing of the Star Wars saga, the final 30-60-90 minutes, of Vader, Palpatine, Boba Fett, clones, whatever, chasing down Jedi after Jedi and murdering them all. Picture that. That was the story we were told in 1977. And he didn’t do that. She showed some nobody, random, 2 second split scenes of Jedi we never heard of, saw, or knew killed by clones, faceless clones at that, in less than 3 minutes. 3 films, that’s what we got. So we could see 8 year olds, podraces, Jar Jars, Senate meetings, and Anakin/Padme rolling around in the flowers. Oh, and more Artoo and 3P0. Blatant, stupidity.

He still could have closed with a “positive” vibe, in Luke being delivered to Uncle Owen, and Leia on Alderaan, and Yoda heading off to the swamps. We’d know, and understand what all that meant, what happened next, 18 years later. We would understand. But our guts would be PUNISHED for 2 hours, watching the Jedi Order get obliterated in the most awesome of ways, by 2 enormous fan favorites in Vader and Fett. Hell, you could have used Anakin and Fett, and kept the Obi Wan defeated him enough to cause him to become Vader. I’d be ok with that. We would have lived with just seeing Anakin wreak havoc, and not the actual full black mask and cape and all that as Vader.

Damn it George.

It just amazes me that the man was able to screw up one of the easiest stories to tell in cinematic history, something that would have been so amazing, he would have probably tripled what he made anyways.

When you break it all down, the OG trilogy was Luke's story. Very simple, Luke Skywalker became the galaxies hero.
The Prequel trilogy was very simply supposed to be the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker, who becomes Darth Vader.

How on earth do you **** that up?

Now look at the 3 movies as they are. First two suck, third one is much better. And guess what, Anakin, is a child in the first two. Hellllllllooooooo George.

While he was busy trying to fascinate kids, he lost what made the OG's so great. Story, fear, heroes, backstory, drama, acting, and dialogue.

Ewan McGregor is a great actor. He was literally worthless in the first two films. Natalie Portman, Samuel L freaking Jackson. Liam Neeson. They all sucked. Not because they didn't do their jobs, the writers didn't do theirs. Horrible plots, dumb storylines, pointless scenes, just watered down, dumbed down, stupidity. Pathetic dialogue. Green screens. Just brutal. The OG trilogy was wise sounding, almost mythical, Shakespearian even. “I’ll not leave you, I’ve got to save you…” Even if it sounds weak today, in 1977-80-83 that **** was poetry.

By Sith, the story was locked in, they had no other Jar Jar **** to screw around with, they stayed in the lane they shoulda been in the whole time, and guess what, all of them played MUCH better. Ewan was great, he really was Obi Wan. He was decimated by Anakin turning. Samuel was better. Portman was MUCH better. Even Jimmy Smits did solid work as Bail Organa. All because the story was clearer to tell. The hurt/anger/anguish/stakes were much clearer, so much better and worthwhile.

Lucas completely screwed himself with all that sepratist crap in Menace, and podracing children, and born of the force, blah blah blah. Get the **** outta here.

#2 is Attack of the Clones. They fight for 12 minutes at the end of the film.

Darth Maul gets 19 minutes of screen time.

The story of Anakin, the rise of Darth Vader, and Vader gets 2 minutes of screen time.

How in the blue **** do you do stupid **** like that, in 7 hours’ worth of movies? My God, Lucas should be brought up on charges.

Anakin in 3 films kills some Tusken Raiders, an 82 year old Sith, the Viceroys, and a bunch of kids. Darth. Vader.

Obi Wan, same 3 films, kills Darth Maul, General Grievous, battles toe to toe with Jango Fett and kicks the crap out of Anakin. What the ****? Did we get the wrong chosen one or something????

You start Menace with some Sidious, Maul, Padme in danger, upper teens/lower 20's promising young Jedi Anakin, they get together, battle some Sith, spaceships, mix in some political positioning, Senates, etc like the first one eludes to. Two sides opposing, creation of a clone army, on the brink of war, roll credits. My **** is hard.

Come back for 2, Clone Wars pop off (cinematic history!!!) Jedi fighting, Maul out there dancin, Anakin is able to take him, but has to dance on the darkside to get there. Stuff goes on with Padme, Sidious uses her as a pawn, gets Anakin viewing things differently, tension with Obi Wan, etc etc. By the end of the 2nd film, you can see Anakin is swaying, the Clone Wars are in full effect, mix in some other plot points/storylines, you close the film, we're all ready for the final chapter.

Sith, like I said, in the first 30-40 minutes, Anakin is turned. He faces off with Obi Wan, doesn't work out, black suit, Vader emerges, here we go. Boba Fett comes in, other bounty hunters, Vader hunts the Jedi down, kills them one by one. Hell, have him storm the freaking Jedi Temple with Sidious and Fett, and watch people like myself suddenly become one with the force and die in their seats. Yoda escapes, runs into hiding. Padme delivers twins, Vader doesn't know (nor care) and Ben takes Luke to Tatooine, Bail with Leia, no problem there.

The whole point would be, you would have 3 full movies of Anakin, just like you did Luke, only darker, sadder, and move evil. Vader in his prime, slaying Jedi would be about the most epic story ever told, and it would make more money than The Notebook on Valentines day. Prime Vader with his red lightsaber, not the old man that fought his own son 25 years later.

The story of Anakin, and we didn't get one single glimpse of Darth Vader and his red lightsaber doin work.

The Prequels SHOULD have been the greatest Trilogy ever shown. Hands down.

The OT legacy and lore told us about Anakin Skywalker, Vader, the Clone Wars, Jedi Knights. Stuff that people desperately wanted to know more about.

Outside of Yoda, Mace, Qwi-Gon, Obi Wan, name another Jedi. In fact, you already knew Yoda and Obi Wan. So in 3 films, we met 2 knew Jedi that mattered to the story.

Vader betrayed and hunted down the Jedi. But all we saw was him killing kids.

We should have seen an already strong Anakin training with the Jedi academy and Ben taking interest and thinking he could finish his training outside of the Council.
We should have seen Anakin rise thru the ranks with those teachings but be awfully shaky with his decision making over time. Conflicted, angry, aggressive. Using rage to finish off opponents, even killing say Darth Maul after he was disarmed.
Ben tries to reign him in, but Anakin gets more and more powerful, believes he is above Ben, Made, Yoda, and any of the other Jedi you could flesh out. Should know at minimum 10 elite Jedi counsil members.
Palpatine remains in his ear at all times.
Anakin meets Fett, they do business together in secret. (Imagine seeing them fight alongside each other)
Eventually his rage and anger takes him over. He believes he is above the Jedi way of thinking. Meditating is for *******. He wants the Jedi to be proactive. To hunt the Sith, take the fight to them. But Jedi always play defense, slow play.
Palpatine finally gets Anakin to see his vision, of the Empire running the galaxy the "right" way. (From a certain point of view).
From the inside, in the Jedi Temple, Anakin Strikes, and takes out 2-3 elite Jedi. He has turned. Anakin is gone.
Padme is pregnant, but he doesn't know.
By the third film, he is hunting Jedi, planet to planet, his Dark Side power is supernova. He can't be stopped. Jedi after Jedi die at his hands.
Until Obi Wan. Obi puts that work in. Anakin is placed in the Suit, he is now Vader. You still have an hour of film him wrecking other Council members, Mace, etc. Yoda dips, Ben takes Luke. Organa takes Leia. Padme doesn't die, she goes to Alderran. (Leia remembers her mother, who dies when she is very young)
As a final showdown, the last group of Jedi make a "Final" stand. 7-8-9 Jedi vs Vader and his group of Stormtroopers (Clones) Maybe even has Fett fight alongside him. Vader defeats them all. He has betrayed, and murdered the Jedi. As we were told. The way Ben told Luke in that hut.

That story, fleshed out, would have made George a God. He would have cleared a billion with each film. Fans would be crying in their seats. We'd all wear Lucas T shirts. I'd call him my dad. We were promised that.

We got Jar Jar. 8 year old boys. Roger Roger, Viceroy's, blockades, and Senate meetings. And Anakin/Vader never killed a single Jedi. Not. One.

I will never understand what the **** Lucas was thinking. :smh:

I know he didn't direct it, but I kind of count True Romance as a Tarantino film. Not that I'd rank it above any of his official films, but his fingerprints really are all over it so, to me, it's his.

Her crazy outfits.

The underwater city of gungan and Boss Nass were pretty cool. (basically minus Jar Jar)

Podracing was effing awesome all right. Don't let CP's old grumpy *** tell you any different!

Anakin Vs. Obi Wan was EPIC! There's some bad dialogue thrown in there, but the fight scenes are well worth the watch.

And the grand daddy of them all.....at least watch this one on youtube....Darth Maul VS Qui Gon Jinn VS Obi Wan. Maul rocks the double-sided saber. absolutely badass!

I would never recommend NOT watching the prequels, they absolutely deserve a watch. Just don't get hyped over them. Watch them as if you were watching the latest season of The Walking Dead. They will never compare to the first season, but they can still be entertaining at time and you really don't care about the characters anymore, you just want certain people dead.

You really just made my point(s) for me.

Her clothes. That was important, to Vader's story? :lol:

Liam is great. Yet he was more Jedi in Batman, than he was as an actual Jedi. Even Liam can't do nothin with crappy dialogue and nothin worth sayin.

Sam, see Liam.

Podraces.............important to the trilogy, or just a fun way to waste a half hour of the movie? :nerd: Woulda been real nice to have some Maul background, or maybe an older Anakin, or maybe some more Obi Wan, or hey, have Liam and Sam actually have great dialogue together, but no, podraces.

You pointed out a lot of visual things about the prequels, but none of the actual depth, despair, pain, emotion, that 2.5 of the movies didn't have. That was the problem. All that focus on visual green screen stuff, and no attention paid to the script(s)

But but.....they go into the back story of how C3PO was made........But seriously, my point is that you don't have to avoid the films all together. Just maybe avoid buying them on special edition Blu-Ray. There are some entertaining parts. And they absolutely make you appreciate the acting/story/dialogue of the originals.

:lol: @ asking for Maul background.

You got some nerve CP.

When I real all those criticisms for the PT I feel like you could go just as hard on the OT.

Last edited:
so rogue takes place between episodes 3 and 4? i read that we might see vader :nerd:

But but.....they go into the back story of how C3PO was made........But seriously, my point is that you don't have to avoid the films all together. Just maybe avoid buying them on special edition Blu-Ray. There are some entertaining parts. And they absolutely make you appreciate the acting/story/dialogue of the originals.

This. They're worth watching (once, just once) just for compare/contrast purposes.

On a sort of related note, I got an e-mail chain started at work today about TFA. I started proceedings by stating it was "awesome" and was kind of surprised by the negative feedback I got. Everyone who responded acknowledged that it looked great, but I also got a few people saying "it was just a remake of Episode 4" and that all the new characters were "dry," "flat," etc. I get the criticism about the plot of TFA following very closely to A New Hope, but its not a negative to me. I chalk that up to JJ and the writing team getting the franchise back to its roots after the wayward second trilogy. The other critiques I saw I disagree with. Finn, Rey and Kylo Renn were all interesting to me. To be real, if you've really followed the series, Star Wars has never given you tons of back story about the main players. Like, what do you really find about in Ep. 4 about Han besides the fact he's a smuggler, has a bounty on him and has a wookie for a best friend? The introductions of Finn and Rey were pretty much on par with that. People really do look to nit-pick sometimes.

/endrant

You got some nerve CP.

When I real all those criticisms for the PT I feel like you could go just as hard on the OT.

You'd just be looking to be the contrarian in that case. No way, absolutely no way you can compare to he two.

That getting back to their roots comment throws me off. Makes it seem like SW doesn't really have roots to begin with if there's so little source material you're not mining the best stuff but copying the first movie.

I feel like JJ and the writers just played it really safe in that regard. The movie still ended up being fun but they could've made this all more clear cut and precise even if they were going this hard with redoing ANH. Don't make Rey so powerful, make Kylo Ren more menacing, do something with Phasma, etc.

Like the main thing I feel they came in to do with this new trilogy was not be the prequels but they wanted ppl to leave feeling they watched a SW movie and not saying "THAT WASN'T STAR WARS!" so they re-did ep IV.

You got some nerve CP.

You'd just be looking to be the contrarian in that case. No way, absolutely no way you can compare to he two.
I just left the other thread where ppl are telling me a min on screen and one line makes a character cool. That what makes Fett a fan fav is mysteriousness which I didn't feel. Then you talking about lets learn more about Maul. Characters need to be fleshed out a big if you want to prop them up.

And yeah, looking at all those long quotes you posted I can see some SW hater come up with stuff just like that for why the OT isn't good :lol: Not compare the PT to the OT just **** on the OT just as much as you did the PT. Really no different than when I see ppl post 20 + min vids on how to fix the PT or what was wrong with the PT.

You could call it contrarian or just accept that person simply didn't like the movies.

Last edited:
That getting back to their roots comment throws me off. Makes it seem like SW doesn't really have roots to begin with if there's so little source material you're not mining the best stuff but copying the first movie.

I feel like JJ and the writers just played it really safe in that regard. The movie still ended up being fun but they could've made this all more clear cut and precise even if they were going this hard with redoing ANH. Don't make Rey so powerful, make Kylo Ren more menacing, do something with Phasma, etc.

Like the main thing I feel they came in to do with this new trilogy was not be the prequels but they wanted ppl to leave feeling they watched a SW movie and not saying "THAT WASN'T STAR WARS!" so they re-did ep IV.

As I said, I get your line of thinking. And I don't think there's really any way to dispute that they played it safe. They did. I just happen not to see anything wrong with that approach. And when I talk about getting SW back to its roots, I'm not only talking in terms of story. I'm talking the whole package - story, characters, heart, humor, storytelling priorities, etc.

As I said, I get your line of thinking. And I don't think there's really any way to dispute that they played it safe. They did. I just happen not to see anything wrong with that approach. And when I talk about getting SW back to its roots, I'm not only talking in terms of story. I'm talking the whole package - story, characters, heart, humor, storytelling priorities, etc.
I think what's wrong with that is the end result is it's really not better. That sort of approach can get stale and it's a bit insulting to fans.

Don't get me wrong it's done a lot but I'm not in favor of it. It's too close to remakes.

To give an example, look at Pitch Black and the movie Riddick. Pitch Black is basically bounty hunters after Riddick on a hostile planet, Riddick or the environment takes them all out horror movie style (where the killer kills all the teenagers). That's basically the same thing they did for Riddick. It's kinda seen getting back to basics, your bread and butter, even though they only spent one movie, Chronicles of Riddick, doing something way more sic-fi with more world building that was very different. Now the Riddick franchise is doing well but it's not the most successful so it can be seen as the creator and Vin wanting to get back the OG fan base to get that grass roots thing going for another trilogy. Visually, Riddick is superior to Pitch Black in every way. All the alien monsters look better but it aint really better than what we saw in Pitch Black.

I feel the same way about ANH and TFA. I feel like George did a better job of establishing the main cast than JJ did with TFA. A lot of replies to questions or complaints is wait for the next movie so a lot of TFA seems like a set up for VIII.

Her crazy outfits.

This is exactly why the prequels are garbage and not worth watching though

Literally every "cool" moment is just George being a terrible screen writer and throwing more and more lightsabers in the story to keep people distracted.

It's basically a fan fiction.

*Sigh*

I'm not talking about me at all in any of the posts.

I said the same way you just posted all those long quotes saying what was wrong or what should've been done in the prequels I can see somebody who doesn't like SW or specifically the OT do the same exact thing to the OT.

What I said isn't that confusing. I say that to say some of the stuff you're complaining about is petty as **** and ignores intent. Some of the stuff you're talking about is like somebody promised you something about the PT.

Last edited:
I was just asking to clarify. Wasn't sure if you liked or not.

But no, that's not really sure he same. OT is original content. That content contains info about the PT. The PT was then inconsistent with that content.

The OT was the starting point, you can't lament what should have been about stories we didn't know we're coming.

We were told about the PT, and the movies did not match up. Sure, "technically" they matched up, he did become Vader, etc, but the story getting to that point got lost.

You can't do that with the OT.

Back
Top Bottom