Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

picked these up today 
pimp.gif

Sam Jackson has been in the most movies of any one actor ever, right? It's in the Guiness Book or something? Has to be. He's in SO much stuff.

Jackie Brown's not credited for being one of Tarantino's better movies, and I'd say it is (Pulp > R.Dogs > Jackie Brown > Inglorious > Hateful Eight > Django Unchained .... > Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2.).

But the movie needed SLJ more than SLJ needed Quentin in this particular case. Movie's terrible without him, mostly because I think it would be hard to execute that part.

Last edited:
Still haven't seen Inglorious Bastards and Tarantino Is my favorite. Watched Hateful Eight this week and it was great. Gonna watch IB tomorrow.

Jackie Brown was a great movie. I'd say one of his better movies too. His movies are really all preference on what you like the best imo

Inglorious Bastards is the best Movie ever made in comparison to The Hateful 8, and TH8 is amazing.

That's how good I think IB is though, it's my favorite QT film by a mile.

Last edited:
Still haven't seen Inglorious Bastards and Tarantino Is my favorite. Watched Hateful Eight this week and it was great. Gonna watch IB tomorrow.

Jackie Brown was a great movie. I'd say one of his better movies too. His movies are really all preference on what you like the best imo
i agree.  Jackie Brown is up there at the top for me along with Death Proof, while RD is not.  I liked H8 but I don't think it has overtaken any of my favorites from him

Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Reservoir Dogs
Inglorious Basterds
Django Unchained
Hateful Eight
Jackie Brown
Death Proof

^ Strongly agree with that list.

Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bill's are my favorites. I still need to finish Inglorious Basterds though, and I don't think I'm gonna watch Hateful 8 anytime soon. Not interested in hearing all that N word right now.

reservoir dogs is overrated. it's a great movie but it's basically a trial run for the fully realized masterpiece that is pulp fiction. i liked it, but not nearly as much as some of you guys seem to rate it.

Reservoir Dogs is a classic. The dialogue, the music, the menacing characters, Mr. Blonde, the swerve, the way it's edited.

Last edited:
reservoir dogs is overrated. it's a great movie but it's basically a trial run for the fully realized masterpiece that is pulp fiction. i liked it, but not nearly as much as some of you guys seem to rate it.
:smh:

Yall dudes say some weird ****. Just cuz RD and PF were set in the same area and time period does not mean one was a trial run for the other. They're vastly different movies just from how it's shown. A good deal of RD is in one spot.
michael madsen needs to be in more movies

he just naturally looks like an interesting person
I wish his character had more lines in TH8.

I know the role was for Tatum, he did real good with what he had to work with, and I like him as an actor but I think things could've been way more interesting if Madsen was the leader of the gang and Daisy's brother (of course then names or the story would have to be changed).

Yall dudes say some weird ****. Just cuz RD and PF were set in the same area and time period does not mean one was a trial run for the other. They're vastly different movies just from how it's shown. A good deal of RD is in one spot.
yes i understand and i shouldn't have implied that one movie directly spawned the other. reservoir dogs just feels like it lacks maturity or the realization of tarentino's full potential as a writer and director. i think pulp fiction shows that full potential. the actors inhabit their roles much more comfortably in pulp fiction and most of the later movies. i it's a good movie, just not "a classic" imo. well, maybe the tipping convo and the use of stuck in the middle with you are pretty outstanding.

michael madsen needs to be in more movies

he just naturally looks like an interesting person
I wish his character had more lines in TH8.

I know the role was for Tatum, he did real good with what he had to work with, and I like him as an actor but I think things could've been way more interesting if Madsen was the leader of the gang and Daisy's brother (of course then names or the story would have to be changed).

I really wish he had a bigger role in H8. I was rolling everytime someone walked through the broken door and all you could hear was him screaming in the background. "The ******* things busted! ONE AINT GOOD ENOUGH! " crine :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

^ That was hilarious :lol:

yes i understand and i shouldn't have implied that one movie directly spawned the other. reservoir dogs just feels like it lacks maturity or the realization of tarentino's full potential as a writer and director. i think pulp fiction shows that full potential. the actors inhabit their roles much more comfortably in pulp fiction and most of the later movies. i it's a good movie, just not "a classic" imo. well, maybe the tipping convo and the use of stuck in the middle with you are pretty outstanding.
:lol:

The main story of protecting this bleeding out undercover cop was outstanding enough for me before the naming them scene, the tipping scene, or the ear scene. That's the main plot. The whole who is the traitor thing was good enough.

i loved both parts. perhaps part 2 slightly above part 1 and i know i'm in the minority there. i can't help but wonder if it would have been even better with a different lead. maybe? maybe not? nothing really against uma thurman but maybe tarentino's obsession with her may have blinded him from finding someone even better? (i have no one particular in mind though) on most days kill bill ranks #2 just below pulp fiction for me.

Back
Top Bottom