Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So everyone has a couple of those movies that for whatever reason, they just never got around to watching. Despite considering myself a film buff, one of my movies that I never sat down and watched from start to finish is The Shining.

I think between catching bits and pieces, knowing the general story and pop culture history/references, and it just slipping through the cracks.. I just never fully watched it. I'm fixing that tonight and so far so good.. as expected.

So everyone has a couple of those movies that for whatever reason, they just never got around to watching. Despite considering myself a film buff, one of my movies that I never sat down and watched from start to finish is The Shining.

I think between catching bits and pieces, knowing the general story and pop culture history/references, and it just slipping through the cracks.. I just never fully watched it. I'm fixing that tonight and so far so good.. as expected.

I hadn't watched it until I was in my mid 20's. But yeah it's one of those movies you're obligated to watch if you're into movies at all.

Did anyone get around to watching that Vin Diesel flick "The Last Witch Hunter?" I need any reason to watch it.

Proud of you, Big J. The Shining is one of my favorites, made me a fan of Kubrick before I'd seen his other films.

I'm not sure what I haven't seen, that would be considered film buff sin. But I know they exist.

Watched Creed tonight..6.5/8..Thought Sly did a great job and MBJ was really good..Just a little too predictable and felt really familiar to past Rocky films..

After watching hateful 8 again in 70mm

Sam Jackson might have jumped passed fassbender for best lead actor

Dude controlled the screen

Been on a horror kick lately. Watched this movie from 2015 called "It Follows" that got a 97% on RT. Anyone else seen it? I have no idea how it got this rating. Movie was awful.

Last edited:
Between the Heroes/Villains/Civilians and across 2 movies, I don't think that's bad.

Just feel like its a recipe for having too much going on, like I felt was the case with Days of Future Past.
If you end up liking Civil War which is probably juggling 33 characters you'll be fine with Infinity War.

Keep in mind 67 characters doesn't mean 67 heroes and villains. Plus it's over the course of 2 movies.

Been on a horror kick lately. Watched this movie from 2015 called "It Follows" that got a 97% on RT. Anyone else seen it? I have no idea how it got this rating. Movie was awful.

I have not seen it, but a lot of the regulars on here have. Seems to draw either love it or hate it reactions. They people who liked it, liked it a lot. And the people who didn't, really didn't. Its interesting.

A couple of things:

1.I fell asleep on Steve Jobs but am finishing it now, if I watched it in 2015 it'd be the best film I watched in 2015.

2. It was said Leo is the favorite or has a great chance to get his win this year: Well, Steve Jobs is only the second movie I have seen on the predicted Best Actor list, The Revenant being the other and I'll just say this, Fassbender's role and the job he did with his role absolutely crushes Leo's role AND what Leo did with it.

3. If the competition is slim, they must be the only two real contenders and I don't need to see Martian, Trumbo or The Danish Girl to see if there are real competitors, I'll just assume their are and Leo isn't a shoe in.

4. There is no way, absolutely no way, that Leo wins Best Actor

Last edited:

Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Anna Kendrick

Brie Larson

Aubrey Plaza

Scott Pilgrim vs the world has a solid AWG lineup 
Love me some Brie Larson.

Been a fan of hers since she was a webcam girl squishing birthday cakes with her tooshie on United States of Tara 
devil.gif
embarassed.gif

Oh wow, Jobs baby Mother is the girl from The Babysitters.

Man I loved her. I need to check IMDB for more of her work.

Between the Heroes/Villains/Civilians and across 2 movies, I don't think that's bad.
Just feel like its a recipe for having too much going on, like I felt was the case with Days of Future Past.
If you end up liking Civil War which is probably juggling 33 characters you'll be fine with Infinity War.

Keep in mind 67 characters doesn't mean 67 heroes and villains. Plus it's over the course of 2 movies.
yeah, if that asian doctor woman in AoU counts as a character than 67 isnt that many for 2 movies

does this mean they are bringing in the netflix squad? 
nerd.gif

Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Anna Kendrick

Brie Larson

Aubrey Plaza

Scott Pilgrim vs the world has a solid AWG lineup 
Love me some Brie Larson.

Been a fan of hers since she was a webcam girl squishing birthday cakes with her tooshie on United States of Tara 
devil.gif
embarassed.gif
they should have cast danielle panabaker instead of the girl who was the drummer for the AWG starting 5

2. It was said Leo is the favorite or has a great chance to get his win this year: Well, Steve Jobs is only the second movie I have seen on the predicted Best Actor list, The Revenant being the other and I'll just say this, Fassbender's role and the job he did with his role absolutely crushes Leo's role AND what Leo did with it.
FAX

I really do hope sam jackson gets nominated for hateful eight

I'm sure im forgetting a few roles but Walton Goggins should be a lock for best supporting actress

Jennifer Jason Leigh deserves a supporting actress nom too

cliffnotes: lots of greatness in the hateful eight 

yeah, if that asian doctor woman in AoU counts as a character than 67 isnt that many for 2 movies

does this mean they are bringing in the netflix squad? :nerd:

I hope so.

I enjoyed It Follows a lot but it's definitely not for everybody. The score was amazing though, you have to admit that

After watching hateful 8 again in 70mm

Sam Jackson might have jumped passed fassbender for best lead actor

Dude controlled the screen

I'm still upset he didn't win best supporting actor for Jules in Pulp Fiction

Saw it the other day.. Didn't think it was the greatest thing in the world.. It was aiiright

Thought it was far better than the babadook though, I couldn't get past the annoying kid in that..

Back
Top Bottom