Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

VOaTg1H.gif
You & MjWizKid always come thru w/ the creep gifs.

You two are unsung heroes...

Just know, you guise are appreciated :pimp:

Last edited:
IMDb ‏@IMDb · 23m23 minutes ago
‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’ delayed until end of 2017: http://imdb.to/1nyDwq3

Ep VIII getting moved from May to December 2017. Cool with me. I liked the December RD for Force Awakens.

Y'all saw there is going be a neighbors 2..

Chloe moretz needs to make better career choices
I feel like she's looking to be an actor that has a large volume of work instead of just movies that show off how good of an actor she is and a bunch of Oscar bait.

Her other movie 5th Wave looks like it'll be trash too. This at least looks like it'll have some laughs like the first one regardless of the thin plot.

I feel bad for Seth, son is stunting his growth. Boxing himself in as a dad or the son of Barbra Streisand's son. I wish he'd go back and make a real stoner epic comedy classic. Get back to those Pineapple Express/Super Bad quality days

Is her best movie kick ***?

Would not mind her in more movies

I don't recal her being in great movies but somehow she's the most famous actress for her age group, so to an extent whatever she's doing is working

Kick-*** really worked for her fame wise.

I also like she could also play a role like she did in The Equalizer. Nothing special or big but that she didn't think it was too small for her.

I feel like she gets in the right kind of movie with good drama scenes and she'll really get that recognition.

have not seen it yet but im guessing hugo is her best movie

strange that she's such a big name (compared to others her age) with only one real memorable role

she's only 19 i think so plenty of time for her to get into a good movie

I always felt that if I was a top tier actor, I would probably end up doing some stupid action movies just to fool around in 
laugh.gif

Yeah but I can now see why a guy like Will Smith had a set plan for what kind of movies he'd do for like 2 decades. Granted he did become a star and had to be a bit more conscious of the roles he took sorta like Denzel when it came to certain issues.

I know if I was young like when she started I'd be doing nothing but action flicks from kung fu to shoot em ups. I would've found a way to be in Kill Bill :lol:

EDIT

I wish Dane Cook would stop acting.

Last edited:
How many roles are there for 16-20 year olds like that, though? She's finally getting old enough to play college aged characters, in a few years, she'll be able to land those 20 something roles.

Just because she's been around for years, doesn't mean she's had all these options available. Most 16 year old girls aren't given the starring role in a big franchise.. Lawrence and Woodley were both 21/22 when their franchise movies first came out. I agree that she's a more talented actress than her roles have shown.. but there aren't many roles available. 

Those great teenager aged roles usually go to young actresses in their early 20s.. not actual teenagers, even when they're talented like Moretz. She'll land those roles now like Woodley had in The Descendents or Spectacular Now.. maybe get her own bigger franchise, etc.

I think people are getting sick of jennifer lawrence's goofy self. I don't really care for her anual movies with bradey cooper either. She's like bestfriends with amy schumer now and have been filming a comedy, barf.

jennifer lawrence has grown on me over the years

still dont like her in xmen though and have yet to watch a hunger games movie

Coming off Kick-*** 2 right around when JLaw established a female led action drama movie could be profitable it would've been nice to see Chloe get one of her own but yeah the role and movie didn't exist.

Lots of range stretching roles simply do not exist for 16-20 yr olds in the biz. However, I think she should've been trying to snatch up all of those coming of age/slice of life/growing pains teenage flicks with all the white kids in them. She could've been the daughter in Transformers, could've been in Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl, defintiely could've taken any role that model Cara something had in that movie with teenagers, etc. Of course those are more indie flicks not feature films but still.

I remember watching an interview or something about how the only reason she got the role in hugo was that the casting people didnt know who she was so she went in pretending she was actually british 

wasnt she up for jean gray for the upcoming xmen movie?

I find it interesting looking at the career choices of very talented people. like liam neeson can do anything but he chooses to do dumb action movies that make him look like a badass. Depp is also super talented but for some reason he just loves to play wacky tim burton characters.

My favorite is QT who might have the most seemingly effortless method of making awesome movies but most of his influences are obscure b movies that most people would not consider that great. He's a legit genius but chooses to end most of his movies in a big bloody shootout. 

Then you have people like Leo who is a very good actor but not an all time great in terms of acting ability, yet he is seen as one of the best because he chooses amazing roles and works with the industries best directors. If a new Leo movie is coming out I'll get excited more so because I trust his choice of script over his acting. 

Suicide Squad is gonna be the movie of the summer :pimp: even with an August release. Cannot wait.

:lol:

Why the laugh? :wow:
Cuz these are the movies coming out this summer:

Captain America: Civil War
X-Men: Apocalypse
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Warcraft (for the sake of argument lets assume it's possible every WoW fan goes to see it)
Independence Day: Resurgence
Ghostbusters
Star Trek Beyond
Suicide Squad

I'm sure I left a few out even if we exclude animated movies.

Then in Sept. The Magnificent Seven comes out.

I don't see how SS becomes the movie of the summer with that competition.
I remember watching an interview or something about how the only reason she got the role in hugo was that the casting people didnt know who she was so she went in pretending she was actually british 
:lol:

wasnt she up for jean gray for the upcoming xmen movie?
She dodged a bullet there.

I find it interesting looking at the career choices of very talented people. like liam neeson can do anything but he chooses to do dumb action movies that make him look like a badass. Depp is also super talented but for some reason he just loves to play wacky tim burton characters.
At some point I think they figure they need a paycheck and by establishing a specific brand they foster a fan base.

There are ppl that absolutely love Depp as those kind of characters and yall know how I feel about Liam Neeson, he could've ended up like any other aging solid respectable actor but he turned himself in to a huge figure of his own sub-genre of movies where he is king :pimp:

QT created his own movie universe for his movies so I feel like he can do what he wants. At this point he's sticking to what he's established. I don't feel like everyone dies at the end of his movies though but that type of violence is usually present when possible. He is doing the movies he wants to do though and sticks to them. I like that about him.

I disagree about some things said about Leo but yeah he always make sure to choose some of the best scripts out there.

Last edited:
Neeson also said he made a shift to those kind of action movies because it kept him busy and working after his wife's death.

no complaints at all about QT movies, they are all great. kill bill vol 1, H8, django, IG, RD all end in a big explosion of violence where basically everyone in the room dies. that's like over half his movies 
laugh.gif

I just find it really cool that he is IMO the most talented filmmaker in hollywood and all his movies are 100% his creation and he strictly does material that without his touch would probably be awful. My favorite QT movie is kill bill, its just a string of very risky directorial choices that can all seem out of place and corny but somehow he makes it all work together perfectly. 

This is coming out of left field, but Jamie Foxx about to take all the awards for the Tyson movie. It's directed by Scorcese and this interview he did last summer got me sold. How he breaks out his characters towards the end is a MUST WATCH:

Jamie describes the opening scene:

Crazy you bring that up, I am just now seein Jamie pulled a dude out of a burning truck the other day. :wow: :smokin

Back
Top Bottom