Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched The Florida Project last night. 6.5/8

This was a VERY good movie. It's funny seeing the hardness of these kids who are raised with awful parents in terrible environments. This is what we got with Mooney and her friends for 99% of the movie. When Mooney went to Jancey at the end of the movie and started tearing up and sucking her fingers, it was in that moment it puts things in perspective that she's JUST a kid...also, you get a glimpse of Mooney being a "kid" when she's just innocently playing with her bath toys while her mom is turning tricks. You can't blame these kids out here in the world for being wired the way they are. They're starting life off with everything stacked against them.

I really likes A Quiet Place. It was an original movie that kinda borrowed some themes from Alien but took it to another place.

Totally agree with @big j 33, Emily Blunt can act her a** off. That scene & those steps... My wife was withering in anxiety while holding my hand watching that scene.

Kudos to Krasinski on an excellent film & wife’n up Emily Blunt...

I loved seeing my son & his friend jump at them raccoons... :lol:

Only disappointment tonight was that the Hawaiian/Polynesian restaurant got veto’d for Five Guys... :rolleyes

Ready Player One -- 4 / 8 --> great graphics; main actor is so damn stale

Truth or Dare -- 3 / 8 --> blonde chick pissed me off; ending was so crappy

Paterno 5/8

****ed up.

There's an irony here that a movie is being made about him during this child sex abuse scandal while in story they're trying to say hey this shouldn't be about JoePa but the victims.

Also seems Joe was a scumbag if he knew about this since 1976 0] :sick: :smh:

Last edited:
Blockers 6/8 - A ton of laughs. Not "the female Superbad" but I thought each daughter brought something different. John Cena has a future with these types of comedies.

Not really movies but... The Walking Dead finale was on point and Seth Rogen's Hilarity for Charity is a solid watch on Netflix.

A Quiet Place was outstanding.

Real thrills, well directed, interesting premise. It kept the fear real and grounded, and gave you enough info so you could understand the threat but didn't make the mystery the whole point of the movie. Emily Blunt can act her butt off...
When she started having contractions, her holding back the screams, fighting through the pain, good god.. outstanding
Krasinski can direct, man. I'm officially excited for anything he makes from here on out.

I need to see it again. There was someone with an assistance device for the visually impaired, so within the 1st 20 seconds I heard a very subtle out loud reading of the subtitles and description of the action on screen. I noticed it but put it out of my head and didn't bother me.. but I think it's ironic that in all my years of seeing movies.. the one time I recall hearing/seeing anything like this was in which a movie's primary focus was on being quiet :lol:

I really likes A Quiet Place. It was an original movie that kinda borrowed some themes from Alien but took it to another place.

Totally agree with @big j 33, Emily Blunt can act her a** off. That scene & those steps... My wife was withering in anxiety while holding my hand watching that scene.

Kudos to Krasinski on an excellent film & wife’n up Emily Blunt...

I loved seeing my son & his friend jump at them raccoons... :lol:

Only disappointment tonight was that the Hawaiian/Polynesian restaurant got veto’d for Five Guys... :rolleyes

Agree and Agree

It's why I placed Blunt in my list of Actresses top5 that we all did a month or so back....

She makes any Film, watchable.
Just seeing her is pleasant, but watching her work....man it's so fun.

Devil Wears Prada is a top rewatch of mine because even though it's such a vain topic, at every turn there is the Greatest Actor/Actress doing their thing.

Paterno 5/8

****ed up.

There's an irony herr that a movie is being made about him during this child sex abuse scandal while in story they're trying to say hey this shouldn't be about JoePa but the victims.

I want to watch this very badly.
I can't push Play, though.
Don't think I will ever get it in.
I finally erased it from my DVR last week.

Paterno 5/8

****ed up.

There's an irony herr that a movie is being made about him during this child sex abuse scandal while in story they're trying to say hey this shouldn't be about JoePa but the victims.

they did a good job of portraying peen state student body as deplorables who only care about football not victims

I want to watch this very badly.
I can't push Play, though.
Don't think I will ever get it in.
I finally erased it from my DVR last week.
Its weird when I looked ahead and saw HBO was premiering this weeks ago I was like great another expected great performance by old Al Pacino. Son just seems to be thriving in old age with these roles.

But then I thought about what its most likely about and it took me back to when this went down. Extremely disturbing and troubling. I never followed the story in depth but I knew enough where I didn't want to dwell on it.

I was weighing the pros and cons of learning new info about the scandal and the cons of being creeped out. Today had nothing else to watch so I sat through it. Now its not as bad as I assumed since its mostly about Paterno going through this scandal and not this sick **** Sandusky but what is disgusting is some of the aforementioned blatant dismissing by the Penn state student body that several children were molested and raped for at least 6 years (possibly decades), many of the acts occurring on campus. The willful ignorance of the president and vice pres, etc.

Even worse if you consider JoePa may have been confronted with this in the 70s and did nothing. Like these dudes were really more concerned with winning football games and protecting their image :smh:

Then the lack of involvement and action taken by law enforcement and the DA reminded me of the similar willful ignorance displayed in Spotlight by ppl who claim to have morals.

can someone who saw rampage put in spoilers if george dies?
In the original script he died along with the other 2 animals.

The Rock hated it. Threatened to leave the movie if it wasn't changed so they changed the ending to a fakeout death playing off an earlier joke by George in the movie to show he was in fact not dead.

Inside out probably one of Pixar/Disney best films. Peter Docters a special dude especially with his background with toy story, up and monsters inc.

This season of Homeland has been the best one so far. Sad only 2 eps left...

Billions has been good too. We should all be lucky enough to have a friend like Wagner...

Had season 3 of Mr. Robot on my DVR for a while now & just started it. Still love that show. The TV nerd in me loves how they do the intro titles & just walk into the show.

The Americans has been good too. Love that Elizabeth & illPhil are pitted against each other & Paige is going in deep. Damn dirty russians...

Back in 91 I shared an elevator with Markie Post... She was not only even more beautiful in person, but she smelled soooooooooo good.

Saw Blockers over the weekend, forgot to post about it. 6/8 for me. I laughed more than I thought I would. Cena definitely held his own and Barinholtz was :rofl:. I wish Hannibal was in it a bit more tho.

No doubt he was a scumbag. I never knew until watching the film that he knew since '76 :sick: .

Can’t wait to start the new season of Bosch on Amazon Prime. Titus Welliver is that dude... Does an amazing Al Pachino too at his various ages. Gotta finish season 3 of Mr. Robot though.

Hotel Artemis looks like a new fangled version of Smoking Aces.

Last edited:
Saw Blockers over the weekend, forgot to post about it. 6/8 for me. I laughed more than I thought I would. Cena definitely held his own and Barinholtz was :rofl:. I wish Hannibal was in it a bit more tho.

No doubt he was a scumbag. I never knew until watching the film that he knew since '76 :sick: .
come on dog back when that all came out we all knew he knew all them years. joe p IS penn state. nothing gets past him.

Back
Top Bottom