Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

"The Lost City of Z"
6.2/8

Charlie Hunnam, Robert Pattinson, Tom Holland, Sienna Miller. I'm partial, David Grann a good writer. Definitely plan to read the book. "Killers of the Flower Moon" was fantastic.

Delves into Percy Fawcett's obsession with an ancient lost city deep in the Amazon. Exploration in an attempt to salvage his family name. The father-son dynamic, Holland's character initially not understanding why his father is always absent and seemingly abandoning the family on this quest. Briefly touches on anti-Indian sentiment, commonly shared at that time in the UK. Obviously lacking some historical accuracy. Fawcett was thought by some to be a racist. Although the film frames Hunnam as understanding and receptive to Indian culture.

Just watched inside out. Brilliant movie imo. They painted sadness as the bad guy early on but in actuality she was a needed all along for dose of reality.

955A7A88-AD6A-4D34-B04B-2DB08E7C8589.jpeg

Soul was good but I didn't like the fact that they had the character behaving in a feminine manner for half the movie. I rarely play the race card but I don't think that's a coincidence. First black lead in a Pixar film and he has the soul of Tina fey. Programming at it's finest.
I hear you. I don't think there was any malicious intent behind it, though.

We have to keep in mind that this film has esoteric messages, about genderless beings aka... souls. The Jerry characters were a good representation of this, and the lead Jerry broke it down somewhat : "I am the coming together of all quantized fields of the universe" Screenshot_20210103-094159_Firefox.jpg
which is why they had both, a male, and female design. ALL humans have masculine and feminine energy.

22 may have been voiced by a woman, but the character itself wasn't strictly a "female". This was displayed when 22 used the ability to use different voices, after Joe asked why it sounds like a white woman.

low key Scott Adkins could be a legend if he was born about 20 years earlier, he been holding it down for this era of budget action tho.

160 movies - 8 in theaters - Here's my top 5 of 2020:

Soul
Da 5 Bloods
Promising Young Woman
Birds of Prey
The Invisible Man

Still a lot I haven't seen but really enjoyed these. Ewan McGregor... meeeeeedium talent. :lol:

When I talk to kids about the great film years & experiences, 2020 won't even get a mention

Top 5 w/ a Cheat:

Soul
The Social Dilemma
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
The Last Dance
The Gentlemen

Anyone seen Blood Simple? Older Cohen bros movie with Frances McDormand. Oddly had never heard of it, but had a cousin raving about it recently.

Anyone seen Blood Simple? Older Cohen bros movie with Frances McDormand. Oddly had never heard of it, but had a cousin raving about it recently.

I saw it about 10-12 years ago or so, young Frances McDormand. It looks aged, but there were a couple good scenes. Classic something was planned and it ended up way different Coen-type movie. I’d say though I only liked it more than A Serious Man of all their movies.

Back
Top Bottom