Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Does anybody have the Critereon Channel streaming service? My gf got me a 3 month subscription for Christmas, and the first thing I wanted to do was add Memories of Murder to the watchlist. Turns out, it's not on there. Neither is any Bong Joon Ho film except Parasite, which we've seen at least 3 times. Then I start browsing what is available... I am SUPER let down. So many iconic films missing that have been given the Critereon treatment. Hopefully they start adding movies en masse because I'm not going to re up at this rate.
Add Cure (dir. Kiyoshi Kurosawa) to your watch list if it’s still on Criterion

Still waiting for MajinZuub MajinZuub to watch it 😒

How are your symptoms? Feel better bro

Appreciate it my man.
Super fatigued, I slept for a good 13 hours last night and woke up still super tired. Been taking long naps after being up for a couple hours. Head/bodyaches, dizziness and cloudy headed, I'll be thinking of something and it'll just disappear and I won't be able to recall it. Sore throat/cough and fever. My equilibrium has felt off, it's not often but I'll get shortness of breath too.

I'm vaxed+boosted but I think my pops got it from work then exposed me to it when I saw him last. It's not fun :lol: I'll be straight though

I think it is. Surprisingly Kurosawa has like ALL his films on there. I booked marked a few last night.

Feel better MajinZuub MajinZuub !
Haha I think youre talking about Akira Kurosawa. Kiyoshi Kurosawa is a more recent director although he has a couple of his films up on Criterion too.

Cure is a mystery/horror movie. Comparable in vibe to Seven

Haha I think youre talking about Akira Kurosawa. Kiyoshi Kurosawa is a more recent director although he has a couple of his films up on Criterion too.

Cure is a mystery/horror movie. Comparable in vibe to Seven
Oh **** I thought that was the OG :lol: Even better then. I'll see if its available and add it to the front of the list. Been needing a good new horror lately.

Without Batman Begins, I don't think we have IRONMAN

i disagree

in these types of convos couple movies before begins don’t get enough credit

like ‘89 batman and returns.. blade 1 and 2.. but the market realized comicbook movies were a thing by ironman and ironman was a combo of a few films that proceeded it

i disagree

in these types of convos couple movies before begins don’t get enough credit

like ‘89 batman and returns.. blade 1 and 2.. but the market realized comicbook movies were a thing by ironman and ironman was a combo of a few films that proceeded it
I think we would’ve got more of those Ben Affleck type DAREDEVILS.

I think you're a lil harsh on Begins, Zik.

TDK is the better film imo. I don't get too upset over the either/or.

But Begins was great. The story of him challenging Marconi, the cast, the dialogue with Liam, the ninja-esque training, even the humor was well timed.

Freeman, Caine, Rutger, Bale, Oldman, Liam, Scarecrow, Marconi, just an elite group of talent for a comic book film more based in "realism" than most.
I don't hate it. I don't think its a poor film in the least especially among superhero flicks.

I just don't think it did anything groundbreaking or impactful. Like I watched it, it was cool, things I liked, things I didn't care for. Its almost exactly how I felt about Captain America: First Avenger.
I probably shouldnt have even spent more than one sentence comparing it to TDK cuz it is unfair.

I just know when I was done watching it, I wasn't super hyped for the sequel.

I think we would’ve got more of those Ben Affleck type DAREDEVILS.

you missing a key point

fox did daredevil and we saw how the butchered multiple great comic characters

ironman was actually done by marvel plus have jon favreau who is a huge ironman fan plus having someone extremely talented as RDJ who’s life mimics the characters on several points

I see your point, though.
I'm scrolling through so many more MARVELS right now, trying to make sure I've seen what I think I have.

The Martian is excellent. And also one of the rare times when the movie was better than the book.

TDK is better. Begins is really good, but I feel like it's lowkey a take to say Begins is better just going against the grain. The Dark Knight is a masterpiece
I feel like when ppl say that its like they're trying to convince themselves it was better than TDK :lol: A going against the grain take indeed.

Cuz when it comes to Batman/Bruce Wayne Begins barely scratched the emotional surface of the character but that's an issue with Nolan in all 3 Batman movies. Got more character work from Alfred than Bruce.
Without Batman Begins, I don't think we have IRONMAN
This is 100% false.

But it kinda takes knowing what it took to create Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige's vision along with Jon Favreau's approach when they decided to make Iron Man the first movie in the MCU. The tone, the approach, character work, the upgrading and adding to the character, and the improv were all things running counter to what came before it.

That aside the two movies ain't even in the same vein. I'm not sure what they have in common; story wise, character wise, pacing, cinematography, etc.

Tonights viewing 🔥

*****in_the_sound_and_fury_of_rick_james-206094100-large.jpg

I was. That ending. :wow:

“Now take this guy. Armed robbery, double homicide, has a taste for the theatrical, like you. Leaves a calling card”.

After what they did with Scarecrow and Ra's I was unsure what Nolan would or could do with Joker given this style and tone.

Batman Begins is really what got me into Sci-Fi, Fiction and The likes.
Before that film I wouldn’t even watch films for like that unless it was a chance to stunt to the Theatre with a broad and show off my Outfit/Kicks etc.

It put some things into perspective for me.
I was already a Big Fan of Bale because of his American Pyscho.

Even Blade, I was out on that **** outside of a chance to stunt, and when I saw it I did like it, but Begins changed my thoughts.

I wanted my FILMS to be something that I could relate to and for sure experience, “real life” stuff.
Not after Batman Begins.
I Was a changed Man.

Who are the best actors entering their prime movie and TV shelf life? Chalamet, Lily James, Laketh, Liu, Ana.

Batman Begins is really what got me into Sci-Fi, Fiction and The likes.
Before that film I wouldn’t even watch films for like that unless it was a chance to stunt to the Theatre with a broad and show off my Outfit/Kicks etc.

It put some things into perspective for me.
I was already a Big Fan of Bale because of his American Pyscho.

Even Blade, I was out on that **** outside of a chance to stunt, and when I saw it I did like it, but Begins changed my thoughts.
Damn, you cheated yourself out of decades of great sci-fi and fiction. Now I get it though. You got a lot to catch up on.

Back
Top Bottom