Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched Above The Rim for the 30th Anniversary with my 16 year old daughter last night. I've been easing up a bit and showing her more R movies because at her age she's hearing and seeing a grip of **** at school I can't shield her from. Still some of the language and a few Marlon Wayans scenes had me cringing sitting her next to her 😂🤦🏾‍♂️.

I had planned on starting off with Menace or Boyz, into my venture of showing her my favorite hood movies and wasn't quite sure when I was going to break her in but with the anny it seemed like a good time.

She said she enjoyed watching it because she hasn't really seen Tupac in video form she only hears me listen to him all the time since she was little. She had never seen how he moved or talked on camera or anything like that so that was interesting to her. She said the story wasn't really that good nothing grabbed her and made he wonder what was coming, or engaged her enough to make her want to see what was coming or what would happen to any of the characters. She hated Kyle thought he was just a jerk. Explained some of the nuances of his character and how his background plus age could have him react and be so angry all the time she hit me with the yeah that's a reason not an excuse I hit her with the zo shrug and was proud. Her overall opinion was that it was worth seeing just because of my attachment but it looked really outdated and had a weak overall story. Which is fair.

IMG_3973.gif

What an absolutely unimaginable piece of NonFiction. The times that I loved and cherished most in life were the same years this Man operated. I knew very little about the Unabomber until watching this and I cared ZERO about his headlines that happened during my PRIME YEARS(I cared none)…..:so it’s not a coincidence that I was in love with living my life in the exact way this Man found was destroying the moral fabric of the entire World.
To learn he was educated, had a PHD, graduated Yale and Harvard, taught at Berkeley and did more schooling at Michigan(schooling and teaching that HE ONLY DID long enough earn enough money to buy a piece of land completely off the grid with no running water even and manufacture bombs for the next 20years).

It wasn’t until he was okay with getting caught that the authorities caught him. BRead crumbs that only the Bone Collector or Alex Cross could follow? Yes precisely. Those in charge were never going to catch this Man, such brilliance.

7.5/8

So I saw Late Night With The Devil

4/8

Interesting premise, which devolved (as all horror does nowadays) into a rip-off of the Exorcist and ends with a nonsensical CGI-fest. Y'all might like it but my frame of reference is too wide to sing its praises :lol:

Throwing in a few Rosemary's Baby easter eggs can't save it either

Then I watch this......

And know I will never actually get it out. :lol:

The breakdown of that film is phenomenal.
I’ve never seen anything like it.
I remeber watching one on camera angles and sound and shots during the club scene where the Victoria Secret story is told to Sean, I was blown away. Sorkin in next level clinical in every way. Everything in his films is instrumental. I’ll see if I can find it.

Back
Top Bottom