Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched Crazy Stupid Love and X-Men First Class last week, enjoyed both.

Really surprised at how good First Class was. Had low expectations for the movie based on the 1st set of previews, but First Class is one of the better comic based movies I've seen.

Anyone still reading the Game of Thrones books? I have 200+ pages left to read in Book 3 and
eek.gif

pimp.gif
frown.gif

tired.gif
 at some of the stuff that has gone down in this book. I enjoyed the 1st two books but this is the best one in the series thus far. Can't wait to see how these events translate to the TV show.

Finally picked up the 1st 3 seasons of Breaking Bad. Gonna try and knock them out by the end of the year and see if the hype for this show is justified.

Watched Crazy Stupid Love and X-Men First Class last week, enjoyed both.

Really surprised at how good First Class was. Had low expectations for the movie based on the 1st set of previews, but First Class is one of the better comic based movies I've seen.

Anyone still reading the Game of Thrones books? I have 200+ pages left to read in Book 3 and
eek.gif

pimp.gif
frown.gif

tired.gif
 at some of the stuff that has gone down in this book. I enjoyed the 1st two books but this is the best one in the series thus far. Can't wait to see how these events translate to the TV show.

Finally picked up the 1st 3 seasons of Breaking Bad. Gonna try and knock them out by the end of the year and see if the hype for this show is justified.

im 300 pages into book 3. so far it's my favorite one.

unfortunatley i learned about 2 differant spoilers. one IN THE +%$!#*+ NEW YORK TIMES. How the $#%# do you put a huge spoiler IN THE BLURB OF A BOOK

im 300 pages into book 3. so far it's my favorite one.

unfortunatley i learned about 2 differant spoilers. one IN THE +%$!#*+ NEW YORK TIMES. How the $#%# do you put a huge spoiler IN THE BLURB OF A BOOK

I'm 300 pages into the first right now.. I wanna jump ahead because I already saw the show, but I figure I'll just fight through.. Wanna finish this one by the end if the week...

Where does the show stop in the first book?

I'm 300 pages into the first right now.. I wanna jump ahead because I already saw the show, but I figure I'll just fight through.. Wanna finish this one by the end if the week...

Where does the show stop in the first book?

it has some parts of the second book.

just fight through it. you wont miss much, but it goes into more depth that the TV show

it has some parts of the second book.

just fight through it. you wont miss much, but it goes into more depth that the TV show

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Quick question. When the Akira live action movie rumors were flying a week ago I downloaded it. I need to clean up my HD. I'm not an Anime fan at all, but is this worth watching?

Really understand that it was from 1988, not 1998. The animation is
eek.gif
. The movie itself is like Blade Runner and Equilibrium mixed with The Warriors and A Clockwork Orange. The story is hard to describe, but so much of the film is just iconic to me. The pills, the bike, Kaneda and Tetsuo. It makes what's happening with the remake so much more disgusting.
It's pretty epic for what it is and feels like they fit 2 or 3 movies into one (like X-Men: First Class), but it holds up really well after so long. Watch it...if only to get the references in that one South Park episode.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Quick question. When the Akira live action movie rumors were flying a week ago I downloaded it. I need to clean up my HD. I'm not an Anime fan at all, but is this worth watching?

Really understand that it was from 1988, not 1998. The animation is
eek.gif
. The movie itself is like Blade Runner and Equilibrium mixed with The Warriors and A Clockwork Orange. The story is hard to describe, but so much of the film is just iconic to me. The pills, the bike, Kaneda and Tetsuo. It makes what's happening with the remake so much more disgusting.
It's pretty epic for what it is and feels like they fit 2 or 3 movies into one (like X-Men: First Class), but it holds up really well after so long. Watch it...if only to get the references in that one South Park episode.

^^^ Speaking of GOT, I saw on HBO this weekend that season 2 is in production right now. They showed a few scenes, glimpses of new characters, etc. Looks like it should be good.

^^^ Speaking of GOT, I saw on HBO this weekend that season 2 is in production right now. They showed a few scenes, glimpses of new characters, etc. Looks like it should be good.

To you guys who are readin GOT, I've read the first book, but did so after I watch the whole first season of the show. Should I read the second book now or wait to watch the 2nd season of the show first again?

To you guys who are readin GOT, I've read the first book, but did so after I watch the whole first season of the show. Should I read the second book now or wait to watch the 2nd season of the show first again?

I couldn't wait. I haven't ever read such an expansive "fantasy" book before so watching the show first helped alot.

But now that I get what its all about I think it's better to read the books first because then you get to find out how they will adapt it. I mean seriously alot of this stuff just doesn't seem filmable. (is that a word?)

plus after watching the first season my imagination doesn't work with the characters already introduced. They look like the actors to me and nothing can change that even if they are described a bit different in the book.

I couldn't wait. I haven't ever read such an expansive "fantasy" book before so watching the show first helped alot.

But now that I get what its all about I think it's better to read the books first because then you get to find out how they will adapt it. I mean seriously alot of this stuff just doesn't seem filmable. (is that a word?)

plus after watching the first season my imagination doesn't work with the characters already introduced. They look like the actors to me and nothing can change that even if they are described a bit different in the book.

Dirk, check your PMs bro. 

Ima start settin up the draft board here in a bit, uh, is Shabooyah still alive? 
nerd.gif
  I haven't seen that thread yet today, but things were lookin dicey, Shab you gonna be able to participate on Monday dude? 
laugh.gif
  If not, I need to know.  I'm making arrangements if not so that we're covered.  For now, here will be the draft order.......
  1. MrO
  2. Noskey
  3. Big J
  4. Dub
  5. Shabooyah
  6. Chester
  7. CP
  8. Johnny
 I haven't ever read such an expansive "fantasy" book before

30t6p3b.gif

Dub, this quote right here sucks man.  Sucks.  I know it's not trendy but if you read the Star Wars novels that are out, they would DESTROY what you're reading right now.  And it's not even close.  Ask someone that has read Timothy Zahn's novels that involve a character named Thrawn and they will tell you that stuff is some of the best "fantasy" work ever done.  It is WAAAAAY more expansive, and I can only dream about it ever being put into a movie form.  Which is exactly why I hate Lucas so much.  I know everyone thinks Star Wars fans are nerds, but Game of Thrones ain't exactly Jay Z unrealeased mixtapes man. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I think Chester has read them as well, he would def back me I bet, and I think he likes Game of Thrones as well. 

Dirk, check your PMs bro. 

Ima start settin up the draft board here in a bit, uh, is Shabooyah still alive? 
nerd.gif
  I haven't seen that thread yet today, but things were lookin dicey, Shab you gonna be able to participate on Monday dude? 
laugh.gif
  If not, I need to know.  I'm making arrangements if not so that we're covered.  For now, here will be the draft order.......
  1. MrO
  2. Noskey
  3. Big J
  4. Dub
  5. Shabooyah
  6. Chester
  7. CP
  8. Johnny
 I haven't ever read such an expansive "fantasy" book before

30t6p3b.gif

Dub, this quote right here sucks man.  Sucks.  I know it's not trendy but if you read the Star Wars novels that are out, they would DESTROY what you're reading right now.  And it's not even close.  Ask someone that has read Timothy Zahn's novels that involve a character named Thrawn and they will tell you that stuff is some of the best "fantasy" work ever done.  It is WAAAAAY more expansive, and I can only dream about it ever being put into a movie form.  Which is exactly why I hate Lucas so much.  I know everyone thinks Star Wars fans are nerds, but Game of Thrones ain't exactly Jay Z unrealeased mixtapes man. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I think Chester has read them as well, he would def back me I bet, and I think he likes Game of Thrones as well. 

Alright, draft board set up in the OP.  I put it near the top so you don't have to scroll all the way down as much.  So you can start lookin at who you want, which characters to ride with, etc.

I believe I have a copy of Warrior and Cowboys and Aliens for the weekend, lookin forward to checkin those out.  Hopefully I don't go broke on Black Friday from all the stuff I plan on pickin up. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Alright, draft board set up in the OP.  I put it near the top so you don't have to scroll all the way down as much.  So you can start lookin at who you want, which characters to ride with, etc.

I believe I have a copy of Warrior and Cowboys and Aliens for the weekend, lookin forward to checkin those out.  Hopefully I don't go broke on Black Friday from all the stuff I plan on pickin up. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Ok I finally watched all 3 seasons of Breaking Bad on Netflix....and wow what a damn show...where can I watch season 4 online??? I need links ASAP I think I'm addicted
laugh.gif

Ok I finally watched all 3 seasons of Breaking Bad on Netflix....and wow what a damn show...where can I watch season 4 online??? I need links ASAP I think I'm addicted
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom