Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Hold on... Did my man say Memento may not pass any of the 3 Batman movies? REALLY?

Memento > Prestige > TDK > TDKR/Inception > Begins.

Stop it with that nonsense about Memento.

As far as trilogies that immediately come to mind in the "Best of..." discussion:

Nolan's Batman
Toy Story
Godfather (weak third)
Aliens (weak third again)
Terminator (another with a terribly weak third leg)
Original Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Indiana Jones
Clint Eastwood's Dollars Trilogy

That's 9 that I think are definitely Top 10 in some order for me, then I could see an argument for rounding it out with Bourne, BTTF, Die Hard...

Matrix gets no credit for me because I hated everything but the original. Pirates doesn't have one really great movie to hang its hat on. Spider-Man was one great, one OK and one terrible, so I dunno there... Same with X-Men.

Man I loved Matrix Reloaded, it was Revolutions that made me wanna cry. I thought 2 was top notch tho.

And yes, maybe I went off track a bit with Memento. But TDK is on par, I'll notch the other two just below just fine. That I can handle. Prestige and Insomnia above them, that I can't support. Inception I can live with as well, yes.

Bourne has a solid 3, but nothing spectacular. Just no complete drop off like the Spidey's or X-Men. Ironically, Die Hard 2 is the weakling of the trilogy, even tho I liked it, 3 was so much better than 2 was. Very strange. Agree with Indy tho, to me he has to be top 3-5, somewhere in there. (God I wish 4 never happened.)

I'm a Star Wars homer for life, but Nolan is making me question if I should knock Wars to 2, that's how impressed I am with what he's done. It's ridiculous what transpired since a reboot that I was sure was going to be George Clooney 2.0, until I started seein the names on the cast and my eyebrows kept raising. Each name that got added, I was like, wait, what? The previews made me more queasy, I was losing hope, and then it came out. I've been in love ever since. I'm not sure why all the knocks right now on TDKR or the downplaying of the trilogy that seems to be happening, but maybe it'll settle itself here shortly. Maybe 2nd and 3rd viewings are in order to clear some heads.

Batman trilogy isn't seeing original Star Wars and it's not close...

Never saw Indy 4, so I feel sorry for you suckers that did.

As far as Bourne, I feel like the third is a really strong feather in that trilogy's cap. It's really damn good. The other two are solid, though not spectacular, but Ultimatum is awesome.

And yeah, Die Hard 2 is the weakest, but it's still pretty damn entertaining.

Matrix Reloaded :x :smh: Garbage.

A weak second leg is as crucial to me as a weak third. Toy Story 2 makes that trilogy lose something.

It's really difficult to have your trilogy rank among the best while also boasting its third film as the best of the trilogy. That's why to me The Star Wars trilogy is awesome... specifically because every film built upon one another and then it climaxed at the third. 99% of Star War fans agree that Return of the Jedi was far and away the best of the trilogy.

I still need to watch The Godfather trilogy, Bourne Ultimatum, Alien (aside from the first), Indiana Jones trilogy, and Terminator trilogy. Lots of work to do.

Godfather, Alien, AND Indy!? Get busy JPZ. :smh: I get the Bourne trilogy, but those three?

C'mon son.

:lol: speaking of The Matrix, one of the Wachowski brothers is now a woman.

I'd include (maybe not in the top 10 but close):

Hannibal Lecter Trilogy (weak 2nd)
Romero Trilogy (I personally can't think of a weak one)
Vengeance Trilogy (Lady Vengeance weak one)
Evil Dead

:pimp: Dollars Trilogy. I never see anyone bring up Westerns in here :lol:

It might be the only time you ever see me bring up a Western, but all three of those movies are SERIOUS. I might give that one a strong run for #1...

Vengeance and Evil Dead... :pimp:

since when do people think return of the jedi is the best star wars movie? I don't think you got that right JPZ

boba fett even got the bane treatment too. anti climatic way for top notch character to go out.

watching the star wars with the terrible new CGI takes me out of my experience. really really hate that.

and good point about the clint eastwood trilogy

As far as trilogies that immediately come to mind in the "Best of..." discussion:

Nolan's Batman
Toy Story
Godfather (weak third)
Aliens (weak third again)
Terminator (another with a terribly weak third leg)
Original Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Indiana Jones
Clint Eastwood's Dollars Trilogy

That's 9 that I think are definitely Top 10 in some order for me, then I could see an argument for rounding it out with Bourne, BTTF, Die Hard...

Matrix gets no credit for me because I hated everything but the original. Pirates doesn't have one really great movie to hang its hat on. Spider-Man was one great, one OK and one terrible, so I dunno there... Same with X-Men.
I don't think The Godfather is a trilogy. Same with Terminator and Toy Story.
There's a cultural time limit IMO...When you pass it, you can't be anything but a soft reboot/spinoff.

I mean Indy IV and T3 are both failed reboots.
Toy Story 3 is a reboot of the franchise ie why there's a Toy Story 4 coming and the Star Wars prequels are a spinoff to the og trilogy.
The Alien movies...I think of them as an anthology, like Mission Impossible or Friday the 13th. Every one of them after the first is a spinoff, but Prometheus could legit become a trilogy.

Godfather III came 15 years after the first 2...and was only made cuz Coppola was broke.
But on the other hand...if Quentin makes good on his promise of a Kill Bill Vol. 3, I could accept that as a real, intended sequel, rather than a spinoff.

Last edited:
I can easily see The Prestige being better than TDK cuz to me Heath over powers and overshadows the rest of the film imo. I've always had problems with how limited Bale was as Bruce Wayne more so than Batman and story wise I'd say Heath's Joker made it THAT great. So when I consider those things it's kinda like well Joker aside for a moment and what do you have? And I really liked The Prestige for a gang of other reasons so I can see it edging TDK out.

However, I have Inception being better than The Prestige no question in my mind. Inception just did a lot for me imagination wise. The concept was so vast it was akin to world building that most trilogies do/attempt.

99% of Star Wars fans think WHAT!???!!!!????!!!! ***** please, stop tryna get me and Chester banned, not cool bruh.

Ska, Fist full of Dollars, Good, the Bad and the Ugly, and a Few Dollars More, Clinton Eastwood westerns. Sergio Leone I believe.

MrO, your new thoughts? Go on, ya know ya wanna.

99%....... :lol: Son......

99% of Star Wars fans think WHAT!???!!!!????!!!! ***** please, stop tryna get me and Chester banned, not cool bruh.

99%....... :lol: Son......
For god damn real. I'm thinking to myself that it's just a message board, nothing I do on here will be able to teach JPZ a lesson for that foolishness he just posted. But, christ man. NO. *insert Tracy Morgan 'no' .gif* Tauntaun and Wampa > Return of the Jedi. And I love the final film.

That's why to me The Star Wars trilogy is awesome... specifically because every film built upon one another and then it climaxed at the third. 99% of Star War fans agree that Return of the Jedi was far and away the best of the trilogy.

:stoneface:

ESB, and it isn't close.

Skyfall looks HOT. :wow: :pimp:

Well, minus the blonde hair for Anton.

Last night, mid season 3, I got to witness Avon v Stringer I. My goodness that was outstanding. Season 3 is killing it so far. Love this season.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: far and away......

Skyfall looks HOT. :wow: :pimp:
Well, minus the blonde hair for Anton.
Last night, mid season 3, I got to witness Avon v Stringer I. My goodness that was outstanding. Season 3 is killing it so far. Love this season.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: far and away......

Season 3 is the series' zenith, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom