Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Now that I rewatched RockNRolla & Black Hawk Down, I wanna rewatch Children of Men, Wall-E, The Incredibles, 25th Hour, & Mad Max 2 in the next couple of weeks...

Saw this & thought it was cool. What Star Wars could/might look like if Pixar rebooted the original trilogy...

Last edited:
mad max 2 was always the best out of the 3. IMO

interesting to see how the new one will turn out. They should have just got an old mel gibson to reprise instead of recast with Tom Hardy. Or just reboot it with Tom Hardy

actually looking at the new mad max cast and its a pretty good cast. filled with hot women, tom hardy, and dude from warm bodies...

whenever someones brings up mad max i always think of blaster getting his *** whooped in the thunderdome. pretty sad. if they had left the scenes they had took out I think the movie would have been way stronger and complete...

Last edited:
I know there are some Terrence Malick fans in here... Don't remember seeing the trailer for To The Wonder posted. Javier Bardem is a great actor (also a fellow Barca fan). The synopsis of To the Wonder (by Collider.com):

TO THE WONDER tells the story of Marina (Kurylenko) and Neil (Affleck), who meet in France and move to Oklahoma to start a life together, where problems soon arise. While Marina makes the acquaintance of a priest and fellow exile (Bardem), who is struggling with his vocation, Neil renews a relationship with a childhood sweetheart, Jane (McAdams). Bold and lyrical, the film is a moving, gorgeously shot exploration of love in its many forms. Written and directed by Terrence Malick.

Got Holy Motors from Netflix yesterday. Anxiously waiting for Saturday night so I can sit down alone and watch it.

Anybody seen this?
It's definitely a hard film to get a hold on. Probably best to think of as an anthology of disparate short films connected by a bizarre framing device.

Got Holy Motors from Netflix yesterday. Anxiously waiting for Saturday night so I can sit down alone and watch it.

Anybody seen this?

It is without a doubt the most odd, obscure, bizzare, holy what the f am I watching film I have ever scene. Go in it with an open mind it's unlike anything you have ever seen.

Here is my review when I saw it at the New York Film Festival - http://afterthecut.com/2012/10/04/review-holy-motors/

Yeah, I was watching that To the Wonder preview last night too. Looks legit, cast looks solid. Reminds me a little of Closer.

To the one who asked about The Americans, I am digging that show big time. I thought The Following would be the better new show, I was wrong, this one is. It's weird seein everyone with no cell phones, no computers, nothin, just old school spy stuff. Wigs and ****. :lol:

I don't know where it's headed, or what they can do, but I have enjoyed the start to the show so far and like the main 3 characters so far, I'm willing to see how long it lasts.

Yeah, I was watching that To the Wonder preview last night too. Looks legit, cast looks solid. Reminds me a little of Closer.

Going to a screening of it on Tuesday.

IDK if I'll be allowed to talk about it, there may be an embargo, but I hated Tree of Life, walked out of the theater, and I'm just not a Malick fan but I'm gonna try n sit through this which I heard is worse that TOL.

First teaser trailer for Soffia Coppola's The Bling Ring - based on a true story of girls who robbed famous celebs houses starring Emma Watson - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2Ie

Regardless if she got where she was via nepotism, she's a very interesting director...Plus she's married to Phoenix singer Thomas Mars... Looking forward to seeing this....

LOL, the producers should've gotten Larry Clark to direct this...

Last edited:
First teaser trailer for Soffia Coppola's The Bling Ring - based on a true story of girls who robbed famous celebs houses starring Emma Watson - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2Ie

Regardless if she got where she was via nepotism, she's a very interesting director...Plus she's married to Phoenix singer Thomas Mars... Looking forward to seeing this....

I dont think thats fair, she's a pretty legit director, and has made some good movies, including "Lost in Translation"

Plus shes Nicolas Cage's cousin, so shes cool by me

^ I think you missed what I said or maybe I wasn't clear enough. Sofia Coppola is a solid director IMO regardless if she got to where she is via her father. I've liked a lot (possibly all) her films... There was a point where I kept catching Somewhere on cable & kept watching it...

I dont think thats fair, she's a pretty legit director, and has made some good movies, including "Lost in Translation"

Plus shes Nicolas Cage's cousin, so shes cool by me

She's definitely proven herself as a director on her own merits, but a lot of us will still never forgive Francis Ford for giving her a prominent role in Godfather III.

Regardless if she got where she was via nepotism, she's a very interesting director...Plus she's married to Phoenix singer Thomas Mars... Looking forward to seeing this..

Yeah, her movies are always worth a look at.
I saw her newest one, Somewhere last year.
It felt kinda simple and incomplete, but I really liked it for what it was.

Is Jason Reitman the best child of a director director?

Last edited:
Sofia gets a lot of crap because of Godfather III - it was a poor decision, she didnt want to do it and knows it was a mistake

Jason Reitman could be but I'd have to look at a list of whoever's out there but he & Sofia def stand out at the top...Anyone else think Sofia is hot? I do...

Jason Reitman could be but I'd have to look at a list of whoever's out there but he & Sofia def stand out at the top
I know it's not a director's kid, but Duncan Jones is legit too for Moon and Source Code......David Bowie's son.
...Anyone else think Sofia is hot? I do...
Uhhhh.... :lol:

Last edited:
10 Minute Study Of Paul Thomas Anderson's Use Of Steadicam Across 5 Films

In case the vimeo clip doesn't embed.

I think I'm gonna have to watch Blade Runner again in the near future for me to fully grasp this film. It's one of those movies ill have to watch a couple of times to fully appreciate it. For its time I thought the special effects and the concept was pretty cool though. Also the ending I saw was when Deckard and Rachel go off in the elevator.

Haven't seen Blade Runner since high school. I always say I gotta watch that again, whenever someone gives it its due. But you say that enough, and it just becomes code for "respect, but I'm never gonna be in the mood to watch that." :lol:

Career Arc of Sam Raimi

I don't know why, but this makes me respect Tim Burton more, for not forgetting himself and his roots, even if he needs to detox off cgi.

Last edited:
I just learned from Twitter that Topanga from Boy Meets World has a photo spread in Maxim this month. I got to say, not bad at all.

On a sort of related note, I ready that Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones (Daenerys "Dragon Mother" Targaryen) is currently in a Broadway show in which she gets naked. So, if you're a GOT fan and in NY, you may want to check out the show.

Last edited:
Damn. Topanga still got it. :smokin

Khaleesi :evil:

I heard the first showing, when she got naked dudes started snapping pictures and going crazy, so they had to double security after that. :lol:

I heard the first showing, when she got naked dudes started snapping pictures and going crazy, so they had to double security after that. :lol:

Understandable. If I was there I probably would have tried to get a photographic memento myself.

Back
Top Bottom