Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I was looking at the budget for Band of Brothers. DAMN, 125 mil.!
What other series have budgets like that? Besides the Pacific.
I think the first ep of Boardwalk Empire was like 20 mil. :x
Deadwood was expensive, Rome was crazy expensive.
HBO don't joke.

I know Lost cost like 100 mil for the first season, but 125 for 10 eps is wild.
No wonder they show it every Vets day and 4th of July.

What you need to watch is Vikings.
I dunno...I don't think I could get through a show like that without ******* to be honest. :nerd: :lol:

Last edited:
What you need to watch is Vikings.
I dunno...I don't think I could get through a show like that without ******* to be honest. :nerd: :lol:
I feel you but the wife does some freaky things and the wife of the lord of vikings does some freaky funny things.

Alas no *******. I remember the first sex scene in the 1st ep I was expecting it but all I got was some cowgirl action. In later eps there's 2 doggy rape scenes though still no nakedness but it sets a similar mood and tone.

watched the assasination of jesse james by the coward robert ford.

great movie, everyone did a great job.

that dude ford was such a punk, they made his character so believable.

the shootings were very realistic and overall a pretty cool flick.

4/5.

im looking forward to dawn of the planet of the apes, its being filmed in new orleans.

takes place in san francisco after the apes have taken over or are just beginning to.

MrO, buckle up for the rest of AHS. BUCKLE, UP.

Just got out of Under Siege 3: White Home.

Loved it. Gerard Butler is no Segal, but he was close enough. This absolutely should have come out in June or July, it's EXACTLY what summer movies are. Fun, mindless, never boring, just get right up in it.

Look, I have zero idea how anyone could ever, ever, EVER get the White House, I doubt it's even remotely possible, BUT, for these purposes, this was one hell of an attempt. Hell, the White House gon see this movie and start makin some changes I bet, its that realistic.
Literally, my biggest complaint was actually the amount of people that came out of the White House guns blazing. It's supposed to be secure, absolutely, but EVERYBODY has a gun? :lol: I think the damn secretary was strapped. I was expecting a team, you know, like a swat type team, 20 men, 25 men, whatever. There was SWARMS of suits comin out with their glocks. All those folk walk the White House carryin like that? :wow: :lol:

Story wise, very plausible. Certainly its a stretch to take the joint, no doubt about it, but if it DID happen, and that was how it happened, and the reasons why it happened, it gave it a very solid feel. As realistic as you're probably gonna get given the storyline. One detail I truly truly loved. Guns everywhere, bullets flyin, bodies pilin up all around right? Later in the movie, they show a nothing random scene of some of the bag guys setting somethin up, on their arms are cuts/blood. Think about that. Every movie always got all this ruccus about, and dudes walk thru with their pristine white shirts, ironed and ****, I hate that. In this meaningless scene, with no name extras doin some work, Fuqua had enough brains to throw some wounds on these guys, make it LOOK real.
Remember Vin and Rock fightin in Fast Five? Glass, tables, doors, walls they tear thru, they got like some dust on their necks. :stoneface: :lol: I was impressed he gave it that much of an attempt, and that's a small thing, but to me, it goes a long way.

Overall, imagining what this world would be like if the White House got taken................ man.......I don't know. 9/11 was incredible enough. I know you New Yorkers out there have already seen hell, and this movie won't scare you one damn bit. I hope at least this gives you some enterainment and let's you forget life for 2 hours.

As for the people, listen to me, when I sat down and noticed that the bad guy from Fast and the Furious 1, and the bad guy from 2 Fast 2 Furious were both in this, I couldn't be more proud. :lol: God damn it, Johnny Tran done come up in the world. :rofl: :pimp: "Go fetch my White House" Cole Hauser is a good guy tho, so he got soft it appears. Morgan did his thing, Angela Bassett was solid, Butler is fine and got his 300 on. 2 Face was solid as the pres, liked the stuff they did with him and Butler at Camp David. Really enjoyable movie. Blu Ray certainty when it comes out, can't wait.

Previews. GI Joe 2, Pain and Gain, Fast 6. The Rock is in all of them. What. The. ****? :lol: :lol: :lol: Dude must be payin Nic Cage's debts or something. Sonofa.......

This is a 9/10, not on a Shawshank level, on a 2 hours without life botherin you level. Pure relaxing fun. Good tension, thought provoking, smidge of humor of course, just an enjoyable summer movie, in late March.

I miss Steven Segal tho. :smh:

Summer movies can still be good without being mindless and empty. You had me until you ranked it 9/10.

I gave Fast Five a 9 also. Same thing, hence me saying not the Shawshank Level, you can't have one encompassing rating when you have Godfather, and a hilarious comedy like Wedding Crashers or something, there has to be a level 9 for mindless fun, just as thier is for serious dramatic performance.

Otherwise everything would be 3's that wasn't well written shakespeareian theatre. This isn't that, that's all I was saying.

If I change it to 8, will you be happier? :lol:

This summer is going to crazy for movies.

I looked at the list and I'm only getting a break at the movies like 2 weeks out of the whole summer :lol:

My point, which you proved, is you can still have a great, empty, action movie done very well... Or you can have it done poorly. I'd rank a great action movie highly, if it's actually good.

I'm actually planning on seeing it soon. But I'm expecting the Tatum and Foxx version to be better.. Either intentionally or unintentionally

Last edited:
My point, which you proved, is you can still have a great, empty, action movie done very well... Or you can have it done poorly. I'd rank a great action movie highly, if it's actually good.

I'm actually planning on seeing it soon. But I'm expecting the Tatum and Foxx version to be better.. Either intentionally or unintentionally

Damn it, I forgot to mention the Foxx/Tatum compare. Like Deep Impact/Armageddon. Why Hollywood always double up on ideas like that?

I'm very interested to see if they will be able to impress me after this coming out first.

Back then, geddon bested Impact when those came out imo.

Cuz Hollywood aint working together.

If there were more famous comicbook characters, guarantee we'd have 7 more movies based on them this summer. Same goes with a specific type of horror flick.

I noticed it with these siege on the white house movies and ppl have been saying the Cruise and Smith flicks are in the same vein. Sometimes it's by chance, most time it is purposeful.

Just seeing one scene of it, reminded me how much I love Suicide Kings. Mainly the Walken held hostage in the house parts. That ending and twist felt a bit underwhelming especially for those characters.

I just cant imagine spring breakers being what you're saying. I see the trailor and then read what you write and it just does not compute

im saying. it looks that bad in trailers. then you read about what the movie is about and you tell yourself it sounds really dumb and unbelievable.

reading other reviews alot of newspapers and magazines are rating the film very good

but then you read the viewer reviews and alot of them are saying its god awful and alot of them said people walked out the theatre before the movie ended and the only good part is the nudity

thinking about the part in the trailer where the girls are singing britney spears still makes me cringe :x

Just seeing one scene of it, reminded me how much I love Suicide Kings. Mainly the Walken held hostage in the house parts. That ending and twist felt a bit underwhelming especially for those characters.

I loved suicide kings.

havent seen it in like 15 years though

HBO Zone has been playing Rocky films all morning and it's remarkable how these films came out some 35+ yrs ago now and they still hold up like gangbusters.

Watching Rocky II still gets me emotional. From the training he does to fight Apollo to the "YO Adrian!!!" the comedic timing...walking out to the ring "this robe is nice...much better then last time that baggy one" Mick goes "yea it's beautiful" .... then in the ring as Apollo is coming out Sly goes "It's Apollo" Mick replies "who did you expect to show up??" Rock - "I was hoping he wouldn't show up"

GOLD.

Ha ha I was just watching that & when Adrian told him to win & the music started I was hype. The Burt Conti soundtrack is gold. It's amazing that Stallone wrote those films & the first one was an academy award nomination. If the fight scenes were more realistic, the first 2 films would've been perfect. I was the only person I the theater back in the day that rooted for Clubber Lang...

Last edited:
the rock wants in on the new star wars movies....

i can see it now. the rock, keri russell, and a cuddly furry critter with big eyeballs named doobie spanx all inthe next star wars with cameo by mickey mouse :smokin

Venom: I liked Franco for what he was given to work with.. but I would hardly say it's a 'must see.' It's just a bunch of girls who want to break the mold of cycles of their boring lives and live freely and differently, but soon realize they're in over their head (at least a few of them are not about that life). It could of been better, but the end just happens so fast that nothing really sticks out or sticks with you, in my opinion at least.

Everyone in the theater walked out in moans and groans but were thrilled by Franco.. he's the only decent part of the flick i'd say but story wise, there was no reason given to care for these girls problems or what happened to them.. but I guess it's strange because I also did want to know what happened at the end.. if that makes sense.

But aside from all that, I appreciate what you do with your reviews and website, it keeps me interested on what to look out for. This was just one case where we didn't see eye to eye, and that ladies and gentlemen is why movies are subjective. :pimp:

Sidenote: they showed the trailer for A Place Beyond the Pines before SBers and I'm geeeeeeeeked to see that. That clip for Only God Forgives looks interesting as well. Gosling is THAT dude. :smokin

yes, man crush.

Back
Top Bottom