Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Just watched the Superman trailer again. One of the best previews I've ever seen. Right here, right now, the voice overs by Crowe, Costner, and Adams are ******g right in the wheelhouse that franchise needs. Absolutely ******g perfect. Shannon's lines were solid as well. From a boy, thru his childhood, before he sets out on his own, quietly, minding his own business. When he comes walking out in the snow with his suit on........ :smh: Nolan and his team are just next level. Straight up, next level.

I liked the Man of Steel trailer better than all of Thor.

If these Star Wars are half as good as the Fast and the Furious films, we'll be in great shape.

:stoneface:

Yeah...that's a pretty miserable thing to say. :lol: And I'm a big fan of those F&F movies.

They wanna make a show out of Rachel Rising...that'd be pretty damn cool.

started season 4 of 24..... Chloe looking kinda cute 
alien.gif

oh and the song in the man of steel trailer is bad ***. is that the new superman theme? **** gets turn up something wicked at the 1:14 mark...

Last edited:
I loved the Man of Steel trailer and will be there opening night but I still remember Snyder making me get just as hyped with the Watchmen trailer and that wasn't a film worth seeing at the movie theater

For as god awful as 90% of the characters on 24 is, Chloe actually might be one of my favorite charcters EVER 
laugh.gif

2013 Cannes Film Festival Slate

Opening film (out of competition): The Great Gatsby – Baz Luhrmann

Closing film: Zulu – Jérôme Salle

Competition:

Only God Forgives – Nicolas Winding Refn
Borgman – Alex Van Warmerdam
La grande bellezza (The Great Beauty) – Paolo Sorrentino
Behind The Candelabra – Steven Soderbergh
La Venus à la fourrure (Venus in Fur) – Roman Polanski
Nebraska – Alexander Payne
Jeune et jolie – François Ozon
Wara No Tate (Shield of Straw) – Takashi Miike
La vie d’Adèle – Abdellatif Kechiche
So****e Chich Ni Naru (Like Father, Like Son) - Hirokazu Kore-eda
Tian Zhy Ding – Zhangke Jia
Grisgris – Mahamat-Saleh Haroun
The Immigrant – James Gray
Le Passé – Asghar Farhadi
Heli – Amat Escalante
Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of a Plains Indian) – Arnaud Desplechin
Michael Kohlhaas – Arnaud Despallières
Inside Llewyn Davis – Ethan & Joel Coen
Un Château en Italie – Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi

Out of competition:

All Is Lost – J.C Chandor
Blood Ties – Guillaume Canet

Special screenings:

Otdat Konci – Taisia Igumentseva
Seduced and Abandoned – James Toback
Week of a Champion – Roman Polanski
Stop the Pounding Heart – Roberto Minervini
Muhammad Ali’s Greatest Fight – Stephen Frears
Max Rose – Daniel Noa

Midnight screenings:

Blind Detective – Johnnie To
Monsoon Shootout – Amit Kumar

Un Certain Regard:

Grand Central – Rebecca Zlotowski
Sarah préfère la course – Chloé Robichaud
Anonymous – Mohammad Rasoulof
La jaula de oro – Diego Quemada-Díez
L’image manquante – Rithy Panh
Bends – Flora Lau
The Bling Ring – Sofia Coppola
L’inconnu du lac – Alain Guiraudie
Miele – Valeria Golino
As I lay dying – James Franco
Norte, Ha****nan ng kasaysayan – Lav Diaz
Les salauds – Claire Denis
Fruitvale Station – Ryan Coogler
Death March – Adolfo Alix Jr.
Omar – Hany Abu-Assad

I'm really looking forward to Nicolas Winding Refn's Only God Forgives with Gosling. It seems like Refn & Gosling are paired like Scorsese & De Niro. I hope it's a partnership that provides a couple of more movies.

Refn's style (cinematography) reminds me of Michael Mann's a bit...

Anyone planning to check out the new HBO show Family Tree? It was created by Christopher Guest and stars the guy that was the cop in Bridesmaids. I think I'll give it a look since, for the most part, I've liked the Guest films and the show looks like it follows basically the same format. I don't have real high expectations, but seems worth a shot. If its watchable, if not great, like Bored to Death or How to Make in America, I'll be satisfied.

I'll check out Family Tree...

I was talking to a co-worker about movie soundtracks... Is there anyone today making iconic soundtracks? I mean like John Williams & Lalo Schifrin? I know everyone is familiar with Williams with Star Wars, Superman, Indiana Jones, etc. But is anyone familiar with Lalo? Are there any opening or ending credits (not including songs from pop stars like Adele, but instrumentals) today that are iconic?

Even in TV, I can't think of any show on right now that has a theme I can recall as being catchy...

Last edited:
The greatest theme opening to a show, and I'm basing this off of song used and what happens in the backround, is The Sopranos. I love that song used and Tony in the car driving back to the crib. :pimp:

Entourage is up there too

RoOk, those are 2 good ones but I kinda wouldn't count Entourage because they used Janes Addiction. I guess since Taxi used Bob James, that's fine... :rolleyes :D

^^^ Yeah, I can't think of any iconic movie soundtracks to come along in a while. The Harry Potter films have some pretty recognizable songs in the score, but they're not on the level of Star Wars, Jaws or Indiana Jones.

Just watched an episode of ALF for the first time. Was alright gonna watch a second thanks to the Hub. Plus Animaniacs leading into this show was whimsical. I thoroughly enjoy just leaving episodes of that show on.

Back
Top Bottom