Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

SO im guessing no cameo for sam rockwell in iron man 3?
Damn, that woulda been clutch. He was easily the lone brightspot of IM2... him and the suitcase armor. Everything else sucked about that movie 

Has anyone seen the show Tilt? Starring Eddie Cibrian, Michael Madsen, among others.

Created by ESPN... one of their lone brightspots. If you haven't seen it and you like poker even slightly, it's a must-see. [COLOR=#red]Paul Is On Tilt[/COLOR] and I used to go balls deep in discussion on that show like five years ago. :lol:

President Charles Logan is easily the WORST fictional president of all time 
roll.gif

son is beyond stupid
I feel like the point was for him to be stupid and over his head though. He was thrust into that role in Season 4 and clearly wasn't fit for the job.

As for Nolan casting Matthew McConaughey... I've always been a proponent of his. The guy can act and yeah he has a few bright spots in random performances, but he normally doesn't choose roles that stretch his boundaries and instead has chosen to cash checks in rom coms for most of his acting prime. Can't wait to see how he does in this.

Stop with the remakes already. Especially Shakespeare. (This is just my knee jerk reaction to remakes and Shakespeare though).

Two of my favorite actors in it though.

Last edited:
Over the last few days, saw a few movies.

The Place Beyond the Pines - enjoyed this movie. A little long and might lose you at times but thought it was well written and had great acting. Beautiful movie.

Disconnect - one of my favorite movies of the year. Highly recommend it. Thought the acting was damn good.

Pain & Gain - wasn't a fan. I expected more comedy, story is interesting but it's a redbox movie

The Company You Keep - it was ok. Some of the acting was bad, story got bland and predictable many times.

Will be seeing Mud and Iron Man 3 this weekend.

Any apprehension in seeing Iron Man 3 in IMAX 3D? I feel like we've gotten to the point where 3D is always the best when it's available. Three years ago, no. Many utilized it poorly.

That's what I kept telling everyone :lol:

It's definitely going to be a movie that will surprise people how much they like it

so half of Sons of Anarchy in a American Gundam movie? sure why not

side note, my mom went to university and was friends with Del Toro back in the 70's
What did your mother say Del Toro was like? Was he a friend of hers?
she always said he would tag along with her and her friends at school, probably cuz he liked of the girls in the group. My mom was the oldest of her clique at school and some were classmates of Del Toro, one friend was a friend of his since he was young and can recall him being picked on at 15 for being the fat kid. but yeah my mom was friends with him and when mentioning him she can always say that he was into that suspense, psychological, thriller, blood steez since he was like 15 and that got him into film. Im in Uni now and makes sense to me how your cliques run with you since you all have the same classes together, my mom graduated in Communications which usually has you going to film studies. DT obviously ran that route with others including the Communications majors since its technically in the same category.

my mom laughed one time when i happened to watch the Video game awards on Spike TV, and DT came out with his announcement that he's working on a game called Insidious(i think, but later got shut down) and said "I grew up with a quesadilla in one hand and a game controller in another" my mom said that there was no video games back then and that it never crossed his or any of the crews mind to play games. i think pong is the only game at the time?

he wasn't the only dude hanging around but he was the Butters to the South Park clan, except they liked him.

My mom was classmates to a grad student that later became a professor while she was there. she has most fond memories of him and his love of movies. He's the one who told my mom to tell me do be anything you want in the movie industry except Director and advices all his students not to direct, too much work and not enough work at the same time.

and since NT says proof or ducktales, until I can get some pictures all I got is a link to one of my mom's best college friends and mentor, Daniel Varela

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0889597/bio

my mom had a graduation reunion 2 or 3 years ago and he didn't go. DT doesn't go back to Mexico or if he absolutely has to its a quick get in and out. they kidnapped his dad years ago. happens all the time to famous people, kidnap relatives to give a ransom since they know they can pay up, mexico's terrible

Has anyone seen the show Tilt? Starring Eddie Cibrian, Michael Madsen, among others.

Created by ESPN... one of their lone brightspots. If you haven't seen it and you like poker even slightly, it's a must-see. [COLOR=#red]Paul Is On Tilt[/COLOR] and I used to go balls deep in discussion on that show like five years ago. :lol:
I feel like the point was for him to be stupid and over his head though. He was thrust into that role in Season 4 and clearly wasn't fit for the job.

they made this show at the peak of the poker boom, i use to watch it all the time...ridiculous but at the time it was entertaining

Good share M4rioL. I'd rep you but I'm over my limit.

Star Trek Into Darkness has premiered overseas & the reviews are great on the film. Not only is the story good but everyone is saying the action is relentless & now people are more excited at the prospect of a JJ Abrams Star Wars. Here's a UK trailer for the movie with Benedict Cumberbatch sounding as evil as Patrick Stewart sounded good.

Welcome to May. That means Summer Blockbuster Season...it also means on May 24th, it all ends. Todd Phillips' Hangover series is coming to a close. Now take a trip down memory lane as the cast and crew talk about their journey from a spec script to the classic trilogy The Hangover has become - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2W9

DJJJAAANNNGOOOOO!!!!

YYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:smokin :pimp: :wow:

Quentin :smokin :smokin :D

So where you at now? What you have left on the QT side of movies? Based on how you have handled Pulp Kill Bill and Django, and you already liked Inglourious, I see you're understanding our high praise now. So what's left before we really get into heavy discussion on what this guy is all about?

You still have Four Rooms. True Romance (written by him, if you remember) Death Proof, Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs and I think you'd be caught up, yes?

Quote:
President Charles Logan is easily the WORST fictional president of all time 
roll.gif

son is beyond stupid
Ya that was absolutely his purpose on the show, especially in season 4.... but did he get reelected for season 5 that takes place 18 months later???? If so, SMH at that fictional America 
mean.gif

Saw Oblivion.....................................
its basically a way higher budget, grander scoped, bigger platform, starring Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman version of Moon.

Especially having seen Moon, the plot was highly predictable about halfway thru the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to May. That means Summer Blockbuster Season...it also means on May 24th, it all ends. Todd Phillips' Hangover series is coming to a close. Now take a trip down memory lane as the cast and crew talk about their journey from a spec script to the classic trilogy The Hangover has become - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2W9

i have a feeling Phillips learned from #2 & the finale will be great ... i hope i'm right

Phillips loves #2. He's stated in many interviews that he thinks 2 is a lot better then 1. He says in 15 yrs people will look back and think of 2 as a classic

Back
Top Bottom