Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yo I saw Lincoln: Vampire Hunter the other day

:rofl:

I thought it was a simple over the top tale about Lincoln hunting vamps before he later became a lawyer and president but nah they didn't want to keep it at that. Dudes straight up added an underlying motive to the abolishment of slavery and the civil war while negating racism or quite possibly compounding it given what black ppl were in this flick.

What was so funny to me is how seriously everyone was in it during some of these scenes.

I'm totally for a George Washington bio flick where he stops the zombie apocalypse before and during the revolutionary war.

Last edited:
So just saw Pain & Gain...

Uhhhh

What the hell? :lol:

2013 - The Year of The Rock :rofl: . He's a major character in 3 movies that will still be playing in theaters this month: GI Joe, Pain & Gain, and Fast & Furious 6.

Anthony Mackie was solid as always, played the dumb guy extremely well. The Rock: "Give me the code. I'm ready." :lol: :lol: He actually was LEGITIMATELY funny in this movie. Enjoyed that, he's been overrated for no reason and I actually think he earned the hell out of a role for once.

Mark Wahlberg with a gut :nerd: I guess you can't get that big w/o adding something to that part of your body but that just made me laugh. Tony Shaloub was annoying, but that was the point. The chick... :evil:

Never had seen her before, but... :nerd: :evil:

Movie was what I expected it to be. Will never see it again most likely, but Bay didn't absolutely nosedive on this one. Interesting story, too long, but not a total waste of time.

El Dad :lol:

rock should just quit wrestling

Last edited:
I like Anne Hathaway again.

Anne Hathaway 
devil.gif
 looking even more like Juila Roberts with the blonde hair

why did the tide turn on her last year?

stumbled upon Gilda over the weekend, so now i'm going on a Glenn Ford, Rita Hayworth binge

ibgADfAMtk39Zl.gif

Last edited:
damn, they're going all out with this one eh

still an easy pass for me... the first one will always reign supreme.. terrible acting and all

the bad acting is like part of the allure for me. i go to a ff movie expecting to be lolled into lulz by the cheesy absurdities they throw at us.

yeah you're right, but after that second one.. man i had enough, even Eva Mendes fine a** couldn't save it for me. Then I just gave up, even though I heard the last one was pretty good.

this franchise is single handedly keeping Paul Walker with any sort of job :lol:

Place beyond the pines was enjoyable yet perplexing its its story lines. Turns out being like three movies into one.

It was definitely drawn out, but the characters were all so deep and different that you felt like you had to know what happened to them. I didn't mind the run time at all.. though I will say again, I HATED Cooper's son in the movie.

It was definitely drawn out, but the characters were all so deep and different that you felt like you had to know what happened to them. I didn't mind the run time at all.. though I will say again, I HATED Cooper's son in the movie.

DeHaan and Cohen in the 3rd act make the movie 100x better. They made everything come full circle, beautiful storytelling, great acting.

That McBain thing was gold. Wish they made Wolfcastle president in the movie instead of Schwarnegger.

I never understood why they did that. Such an easy joke thrown away for no reason. Dumb as ****.

I still love the first half of the Simpsons movie. When they go to Alaska it kind of falls off but it's still good enough

I just can't even imagine a Simpsons movie in its prime :smh:

I'm sort of obsessed with TV shows/Netflix/HBOGo all of that... put together a list of shows I need to watch.

Would love to get some feedback on ones you see that I could skip, maybe reaffirm any, or alert me of any I could be missing out on:

Dexter (On the most recent season, need to catch-Up)
The Mentalist (On Season 3, need to catch-up)
Sons of Anarchy (On Season 2, need to catch-up)
Blue Mountain State (On Season 1, need to catch-up)
The Americans
House of Cards
Louie
The Killing
Sherlock
Top Of The Lake
Heroes (not sure on this one)
Entourage
Mad Men
Weeds
LOST
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Boardwalk Empire
American Horror Story?
Arrested Development
The Wire
Prison Break

Done With: The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, 24, much more I'm forgetting.

Last edited:
Arrested Development first since it's returning with new episodes.
Then The Wire

Skip Weeds, The Killing, Heroes, Blue Mountain, Mentalist (or at least save them til later)

Mad Men and Friday Night Lights next, then Curb, Americans, Louie, Sherlock, etc.

Back
Top Bottom