Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Comparing Lawrence to Dunst is laughable. She was smoking hot too in Silver Linings.

Last edited:
That last pic of JLa is ugly.

Overall, I don't get the backlash about her. She cool. She's definitely above average looking. She clearly can act. I feel the love for that Hendricks trick is more overboard than it is for Lawrence.

People are free to not like Lawrence's personality or her funny moments, but to assume it's just her on a coke high is a bit much. Not that it's impossible that she uses drugs, but I think we've seen enough examples of drugged out celebrities in interviews or in the media to spot the obvious users. Plus she doesn't seem to be that drastically different in interviews from the start of her career to now, other than getting more comfortable.

And again, you're free to not find her attractive.. and she can look worse in some pictures because she has a chubby face... but again, to say she's on a Dunst level is a stretch.

Anyway..

Leo and Tobey: The Greatest Bromance Hollywood Ever Told
good read. i still remember reading how tobey is a poker shark. can't knock the hustle.

Thought you guys might be interested but I came across a website that has prints of minimalistic famous movies that you can buy. I thought they were cool, Here's the link and I post a few

http://calmtheham.com/collections/minimalist-film-prints
MFP19_large.jpg

MFP32_large.jpg

MFP06_large.jpg

Neither or those movies sounds good. But I would watch a haunted house over a Streisand and Seth Rohan movie

Anyone ever seen stalker? By Tarkovskiy

Supposed to be a really good strange sci fi movie. Heard about it for a while. Hard to find with subtitles hardcoded. I need to start watching more foreign movies in general.

Going through some top 100 lists looking for great comedies I haven't seen. I'm not going before 1960 though. It's so hard to find gems when it comes to comedies because critics don't usually review them well. Especially dumb stupid ones. And they just seem harder to make

Last edited:
You people should be watching New Girl, it might be the most complete comedy on TV right now.

Community is zombie status so it doesn't get ranked
Parks and Rec is in the comfortable zone a show gets by season 5. Just leaving their prime where the characters and storylines are getting repetitive, but still consistent as hell.
Veep is just 27 minutes of zingers and insults and they're great at what they do
Happy Endings is still great but they're not really interested in real emotional moments and their rapid fire jokes and references are of the 30 Rock variety or volume shooter method. Take 100 shots an episode and you're going to get a lot of laughs, and you'll get some duds here and there. But it's the kind of show where you sneeze and you'll miss three jokes

But New Girl is excelling and hitting all their marks. More compelling emotional stakes compared to Parks because they're willing to have a sour ending to an episode. The rapid fire jokes aren't as obscure as Happy Endings or Archer so you're not alienating the audience or having them confused. Great characters that haven't gotten stale or become gross exaggerations (The Office), and they're still capable of surprising you.

If you started watching and didn't like how they used Zooey, keep watching because it gets better. They recognized the strength of the other leads and Jake Johnson is killing it on a weekly basis.

Last edited:
Anyone ever seen stalker? By Tarkovskiy

Supposed to be a really good strange sci fi movie. Heard about it for a while. Hard to find with subtitles hardcoded. I need to start watching more foreign movies in general.
It moves really slow (probably slower than 2001: A Space Odyssey), there's not much music, is loaded to the gills with philosophical musings in voiceover, and most of the sci-fi strangeness derives from the location shooting rather than any special effects. I myself love the hell out of this movie, but I would have a very hard time recommending it to most people.
Going through some top 100 lists looking for great comedies I haven't seen. I'm not going before 1960 though. It's so hard to find gems when it comes to comedies because critics don't usually review them well. Especially dumb stupid ones. And they just seem harder to make
I would recommend Billy Wilder's The Apartment, which is right at 1960, for a good romantic dramedy.

I've been meaning to watch New Girl but with how bad the first few eps were.. I don't want to watch the series from the start again. At what point can I start it back up or does it have storylines that stem from the first few episodes to now?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom