Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It might help, but you just need patience and to be in the right mood.

No distractions, nothing but the movie. It picks up once you get to the real live people :lol: but I still need to see it again.

Watched it once, didn't know if I loved it or hated it, but settled on "Holy hell that was incredible". I've been planning on rewatching it but I just haven't gotten around to it.

:lol: just finished watching red dawn. these kid terrorists taking on an foreign army. this army wants to bring peace and democracy :nerd:

Last edited:
Watched Papillon with my dad earlier. Hoffman and McQueen man.... :pimp: .

Reminded me of Shawshank.

best reason to watch True Blood tonight

tumblr_mhejhlQovL1ryp037o1_500.gif

tumblr_moc979HFKB1ssgthzo1_500.gif

newsroom coming back today? 
pimp.gif

dexter coming back this month too
which helps till breaking bad comes back

July 14th for the newsroom

Sigh. I wish I could watch magic city but I only pay for hbo because they have the best lineup of tv shows worth paying for. Gonna just watch season 1 over again. Always like seeing my city back in the old days according to the director

can't wait, hopefully we'll see some nudes from Jessica :evil:

LOL. Was just coming in here to say, I'll be watching True Blood, but will be giving it a short leash this season. It is gets too ridiculous, only of the only thing that will keep me in is the hope of seeing Jessica nude.

Pretty sure if we haven't seen her naked by now, it won't be happening.

I'll probably binge watch the rest of last season where I stopped and this season once it's over. I'll hate myself afterwards but the show has a certain charm to it :lol:

I don't feel like sitting through an actual movie, but I put on the second Tomb Raider on Netflix... it's unreal how great Angelina Jolie looked in her prime. The face, the body, the lips, the accent in this terrible movie, goodness gracious.

I think I'm only going to last another 5 minutes because some crazy scuba assassins just showed up

Last edited:
I watched 3 and Out. British movie. Colm Meaney is in it. Really good.

I've never watched an ep of True Blood. I know it's nothing like it but at the time I was just turned off by all of the Twilight bs cuz now it seemed vamps and werewolves were showing up everywhere.

Last edited:
Just saw Star Trek 2.

5/5

2nd best sci-fi franchise that I've seen.

I'd check out the older shows, but I feel that they're too dated for me.

I'd consider the one with patrick stewart, since he's cool.

Bought to watch Safe House.

Hopefully it's better than Unstoppable, which sucked.

I'm only watching it for Denzel.

So yeah...

Just watched Savages

had its decent moments but it was way too ******g long.

Just saw this last week too. I thought the masks were gonna be used more, but they only put them on for 2 scenes. And the final sequence leading up to the ending... :stoneface:

Crap.

Was just kidding earlier, guys.

Original is superior. :lol:
I like it better for De Niro and the look back to the old days since I'm Italian and my grandparents came over and lived during that era. Overall, I'd love to watch it in order with De Niro's scenes first then segue into part one. Some network used to do that I think. Maybe Bravo idk.

Those who are interested in the movie should really listen to the excellent audio commentary by Francis Ford Coppola on the Godfather blu ray.

It's a miracle that the movie got made at all. He fired his crew in the middle of the shooting and he managed to just keep the job because he was the screenwriter on Patton. With Godfather II, after the huge success of the first movie, he had soooo much more freedom, not to mention a bigger budget. All things taken into consideration, the first one is a more remarkable accomplishment.

watched 'end of watch'.. really enjoyed the movie and should have watched it a long time ago.. but seriously this: 
frown.gif

also.. saw man of steel, it was good.. could have been a little bit cleaner, but was very entertaining

star trek in imax was awesome.. and i mean the real imax, like the ones that show "everest"

serenity was pretty good.. went on a bit of a netflix binge over the weekend (hence my post above)

Real pumped for Wolf after seeing that first trailer.

Read the book Belfort wrote, it was a fun read that should translate well for the film, especially with Scorsese directing.

Last edited:
From MOS thread.

Tryin to slot in my own mind where I'd stand.....

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Iron Man
Man of Steel
The Dark Knight Rises
Avengers
Spiderman 2
X2
Superman II
X-Men First Class
Spiderman
Batman (1989)
X-Men
Superman (1978)
Daredevil
Amazing Spiderman
Thor
Captain America
Watchmen
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Spiderman 3
Wolverine
X3

Man, I dunno. It gets tough there in the middle. And I'm not sure if I am firm on Iron Man over Man of Steel, need to re-watch MOS a couple times.

Back
Top Bottom