Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

We need more votes. Oldboy and I Saw the Devil are tied at 2 each. Where you guys at?
nerd.gif

We need more votes. Oldboy and I Saw the Devil are tied at 2 each. Where you guys at?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by MrONegative

My boy swears by that movie. What'd you think?

I thought it was good, worth the watch.

Tyler Hilton and Robert Downey Jr. both stood out to me big time. Both were stellar and likeable..... however I've never been a fan of Kat Jennings.

Anton Yelchin, played the lead role of Charlie Bartlett, was good as well. They obviously were trying to allude to/reference Ferris Bueller, Citizen Kane, and a few other flicks.

"I'll see you in the sequel, !$##+."
roll.gif
Love that film. Very well written and I'm a little disappointed Yelchin hasn't done much more since then.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

My boy swears by that movie. What'd you think?

I thought it was good, worth the watch.

Tyler Hilton and Robert Downey Jr. both stood out to me big time. Both were stellar and likeable..... however I've never been a fan of Kat Jennings.

Anton Yelchin, played the lead role of Charlie Bartlett, was good as well. They obviously were trying to allude to/reference Ferris Bueller, Citizen Kane, and a few other flicks.

"I'll see you in the sequel, !$##+."
roll.gif
Love that film. Very well written and I'm a little disappointed Yelchin hasn't done much more since then.

Yelchin was good in Star Trek... but yeah I haven't seen him in anything else.

I mentioned him a while back, he's the one playing Odd in Odd Thomas.  That role will propel him to new heights, if they get the budget/movie handled properly. 

Koontz writes great books, everyone knows this I imagine, Odd became the first one of his that I know of, that he did a follow up book on.....and then another, and then yet another.  As in 4 books total on this character he created.  If they nail the movie, sequels aplenty for Yelchin.  I pray this movie gets handled properly. 
tired.gif

Add another one......Ya'll see it this page. 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I mentioned him a while back, he's the one playing Odd in Odd Thomas.  That role will propel him to new heights, if they get the budget/movie handled properly. 

Koontz writes great books, everyone knows this I imagine, Odd became the first one of his that I know of, that he did a follow up book on.....and then another, and then yet another.  As in 4 books total on this character he created.  If they nail the movie, sequels aplenty for Yelchin.  I pray this movie gets handled properly. 
tired.gif

Add another one......Ya'll see it this page. 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

You're probably doing yourself a disservice by letting Family Guy influence any aspect of your life.

Yelchin was awesome in a movie called Middle of Nowhere. The movie itself is alright.

You're probably doing yourself a disservice by letting Family Guy influence any aspect of your life.

Yelchin was awesome in a movie called Middle of Nowhere. The movie itself is alright.

The dark knight is flawless. Inception not so much. But still a great movie with a lot or replayability

The dark knight is flawless. Inception not so much. But still a great movie with a lot or replayability

Originally Posted by DubA169

samuel_L_Jackson.gif

whoa whoa whoa now...
Exhibit A

ht_maggie_batman_080711_ssh.jpg

Almost every scene she's in...

Originally Posted by DubA169

samuel_L_Jackson.gif

whoa whoa whoa now...
Exhibit A

ht_maggie_batman_080711_ssh.jpg

Almost every scene she's in...

Katie Holmes to Maggie Gyhlenhal (sp) will piss me off til the day I die.  One looks good but acts for @#$%, the other acts good and looks like @#$%. 
sick.gif
  Took Nolan 3 movies to figure out how to get a chick that can do both. 
30t6p3b.gif

I cringed, literally shifted in my seat I swear on my life, when Joker says "well hello beautiful", and he was talkin to Rachel. 
indifferent.gif

Shoulda changed the theme to "are you @#$%^& serious?" 
laugh.gif

Man, that Inception thread is pretty crazy.  People were really bustin that out, tryna get all the answers and what not.  That's a great movie.  Saw somethin though, Illmatic, you mention Prestige and Knowing as Nolan's best work......
eek.gif
  I need to see Knowing, I haven't caught that yet, but uh, Memento and TDK count as his movies, yes? 
laugh.gif
  I might give Inception another watch tonight if the wife will sit for it.  (she still hasn't finished it all the way. 
30t6p3b.gif
)

Katie Holmes to Maggie Gyhlenhal (sp) will piss me off til the day I die.  One looks good but acts for @#$%, the other acts good and looks like @#$%. 
sick.gif
  Took Nolan 3 movies to figure out how to get a chick that can do both. 
30t6p3b.gif

I cringed, literally shifted in my seat I swear on my life, when Joker says "well hello beautiful", and he was talkin to Rachel. 
indifferent.gif

Shoulda changed the theme to "are you @#$%^& serious?" 
laugh.gif

Man, that Inception thread is pretty crazy.  People were really bustin that out, tryna get all the answers and what not.  That's a great movie.  Saw somethin though, Illmatic, you mention Prestige and Knowing as Nolan's best work......
eek.gif
  I need to see Knowing, I haven't caught that yet, but uh, Memento and TDK count as his movies, yes? 
laugh.gif
  I might give Inception another watch tonight if the wife will sit for it.  (she still hasn't finished it all the way. 
30t6p3b.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom